Some advice regarding positioning upright - and also infections

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MrVenousLeak

Some advice regarding positioning upright - and also infections

Postby MrVenousLeak » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi guys, this is my first post here and I'm very grateful already for all the advice I've gleaned by reading your posts so far. Its a very valuable insight for someone like me becuase my implant surgery has been a very lonely experience.

Today is day 10 post my implant surgery. Could I ask whether you think its important to keep my penis in tighter underwear and positioned upright if I want it to come out straight? I say this becuase to date I am pointing to the right by a good 45 degrees (if not more) and I'm a little paranoid that once all the swelling does down I may have a permanent slant to the right. I note that I've had tighter boxers and positioned upright and straight since the operation until yesterday. Yesterday I went commando and so much of the pain in my ball bag has diminished because of this I think. I'd like to go commando to relieve the pain but am paranoid that the skew to the right will stay that way if I dont "train" it straight by stapping it upright and vertical in my boxers. My surgeon has pumped it to about 20% I'd say and its so painful I cant realy do much with my apparatus for now other than to strap it.

I note that becuase of my terrible ordeal (I've written it below if anyones interested but dont feel compelled to read if its boring:), I went back to the surgeon and he told me there was no way of knowing if the skew to the right will straighten until all the swelling goes. He noted that during the operation as he was testing it he felt the inflated result was really good and that I'd be quite happy with the end result.

Thanks guys.

If you are interested in reading, I'd also note my ordeal below:

1) I have had complete black and purple bruising on almost the entire area starting from my lower abdomen to almost the top of my knees. There is almost no white skin left. The swelling is so large my ball bag is the size of a large grapefruit and until a few days ago my penis was so swollen it was about 5 times its natuaral size. By way of background, two years ago, aged 40, I had a massive stroke (without warning and nobody can figure out why). Consequently I am on two different blood thinners. The effect of the thinners has meant my bruising and swelling is enormous.

2) I am breaking out in terrible sweats and chills. Low range fever/temperature, mostly at night and terrible fatigue.

3) Up until today (Day 10 post op), unbearable pain that wouldn't stop even with painkillers. Only stops hurting if I'm completely lying down.

4) Because of the severe bruising and fevers, I went back to the surgeon on day 7. He examined the wound and said there is no sign of infection despite it looking really bad. He has taken me off one of the blood thinners and said he believes the operation went well and I will heal alright in a few weeks despite the extreme bruising and swelling. I note he performs at least 1-2 implant surgeries a week, has his own youtube videos on implants and appears very knowleagable in the subject.

5) I went to my GP regarding the fevers and sweats and he has put me on antibiotics in case there is some residual infection going on.
43 years old, ED starting from late 30's. Venous Leak confirmed.
Implanted with AMS700 on 20 November 2017

ThePlumber1964

Re: Some advice regarding positioning upright - and also infections

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:07 pm

So, just to clarify, no antibiotics prescribed by you surgeon? Due to your blood thinner prone bruising and/or hematoma, the infection possibility is higher than non-blood thinner patients; the more blood around the surgical area, more iron, which is very inviting to bacterial growth.

I would recommend you to re-engage with the surgeon, and discuss the possibility of being in preventive antibiotic regimen for 30 days, specially after experiencing chills, sweats and above normal temperature. This could be nothing, but can be very serious, too.

Just my two cents...
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

MrVenousLeak

Postby MrVenousLeak » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Ah yes good point and thanks - for what its worth, all implant patients of the surgeon have an IV drip of antibiotics whilst in hopsital and then go home for 5 days of anti-biotics. My GP has put me on another seven days. perhaps I will ask the surgeon for a full 30 day course to be sure as you suggest Plumbmer1964. Thanks very much

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Yes, I am aware of the antibiotics practice pre, during and after surgery. Remember that sadly I have gone through this four times... However, after the third one, due to unusual swelling around the pump, an urologist that was not the surgeon, put me on a 30 day aggressive preventive regiment.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:18 pm

Regarding the position, after 3 weeks, I still try to maintain it in the upright straight position as much as possible to ensure proper healing.

MrVenousLeak

Postby MrVenousLeak » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:26 am

Thank you for your advice ThePlumber. I am very appreciative

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:42 am

My doctor told me it’s not nec. to keep the penis upright, so I never did it. Would have been very uncomfortable anyway. Penis is absolutely straight.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

MrVenousLeak

Postby MrVenousLeak » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:45 am

Thanks Strongagain. Can I ask whether you had a lean to one side after the surgery however and it straightened in time or do you mean it was straight imediately after surgery and remained that way?

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:34 am

Old school (few years ago, but still advised by some surgeons) the standard was to keep it upright for 2-4 months. If you search the internet, there are still big clinics that have as part of the post-op protocol to do so. How we got from a couple of months, to 2 weeks, to not necessary at all is a mystery for me. However, the rationale included on those protocols is to assist on achieving a proper healing of the shaft in terms of straightness and angle of erection.

Dr. Eid advises it for 2 full weeks. When I ask him his rationale, my understanding of what he said was that in his experience, it helps to assure that the healing tissue around the incision and prosthesis is created in a way not to hinder the function of the implant. I personally can attest that the healing of the incision today, just 3 weeks after the procedure, is almost invisible. Also, out of my 4 surgeries, this is the one that I have been able to activate on the 3rd day with minimal pain or discomfort, and the incision is so smooth without excessive tissue developed.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:07 am

MrVenousLeak wrote:Thanks Strongagain. Can I ask whether you had a lean to one side after the surgery however and it straightened in time or do you mean it was straight imediately after surgery and remained that way?

It was straight immediately. I had tried to put it up but that was really sore. For weeks I didn’t wear underpants, I just let him his freedom. The angle of erection has nothing to do with it. Not all of Eid’s patients have a 2 o’clock angle and in my opinion it’s healing much faster if not forced in any direction.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Return to “Implants”