Bump/bubble on side of LGX?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Bump/bubble on side of LGX?

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Background: I have had difficulty getting my flaccid state in my 2 1/2 week old implant to be truly, completely flaccid. (I know to expect a greater degree after more time has passed, though.) I deflate by pressing the deflate button and feel the fluid flow, alright, but have to keep the button depressed for the whole time and this requires extreme pressure on the button. So, I am unsure if all the fluid is out of the cylinders by the time the flow stops.

Today, I depressed the deflate button for as long as I could and squeezed the penis as completely as I could.. Got the penis as flaccid as it ever has been since surgery 20 days ago.

Here's the question: I can feel a bubble on the left side of the left cylinder about 1/3 of the way pu my penis. About the size of a pea. When pressed, it collapses with a soft-feeling but inaudible pop, much like the keys on one of those computer keyboards that operate by capacitance. My girlfriend says she can feel it move around a bit when she depresses it.

Is this a normal wrinkle in the LGX cylinder wall? Is it a possible weakness in the weave of the material of the cylinder (which might be an incipient cylinder failure)? Is it completely normal and nothing to9 be concerned about? Is it normal, but could develop into a failure point at some time in the future?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ThePlumber1964

Re: Bump/bubble on side of LGX?

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Are you sure that it is a bubble, or could it be one of the cylinder’s folds? When I had my previous AMS ones, the folds can be moved to a different location depending on the way I applied the pressure, up of down. And indeed it felt like a bubble.

I think that only after being examined by the physician, and maybe as a confirmation a CT or MRI would be in order.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Robocock444

Postby Robocock444 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi Sheep,
If u are over deflating, you might find fluid pocketing in your collapsed cylinder. Also, you could be feeling some of your own tissues. A bionic penis feels really weird and lumpy when under inflated. My LGX aneurysm was a 1 inch long bubble and could only be felt during inflation. The LGX is less lumpy than the titan when under inflated but lumpy none the less. See what it feels like when you pump just enough to maintain your flaccid penis with enough fluid to give it a round but somewhat soft and pliable shape. Most of what you describe should disappear. Then pump to full inflation and see if the bubble appears. If so, see if it's stable/immovable in relation to your implant. If so, it could be the beginnings of a failure. But aneurysms are very rare these days. It just could be a normal part of your anatomy. Remember, nobody totally deflates to the point of having a flat,wrinkled ,lumpy penis. Good luck....and an opinion from your uro is never a bad idea.
2 LGX Failures. 1 Titan failure. Best Dr's in Ct. cause much pain and swelling. Saw Dr Eid and had Titan 24 +1 installed. No pain or swelling. Back in business in 14 days !

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:41 pm

I have the same thing. I was concerned as well. Talked to my doctor and he said it was normal. So I haven’t worried about since. I’ve had my implant a little over 5 months. I had to cancel my appomtiment with my doc last week for a follow up. My doc is retiring at the year so I’m hoping I get to see him before he leaves. I would talk to your doctor and see what he says.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:06 am

Thanks, guys. Your answers are very reassuring. I suspected it was a fold in the tube, but had not seen anyone mention such folds on an AMS LGX (principally on the Colplast Titan), so wondered.

I have an appointment with my surgeon in another ten days and will ask, but I expect the answers I got here today are what he will say.

I did almost all of my research on pre-implant issues and paid not enough attention to post-op issues.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Lostsheep
Does sound like a wrinkle in he tube. I had it early on post implant but dont really notice it now. It feels smooth and normal. Maybe its just the break in period. Probably just loosens up like everything else. Sure itvwill be fine but uou could mention it to your doctor.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:03 pm

I have exactly the same thing and same size in the left cylinder of my Titan. I'm due to be activated day after tomorrow (six weeks since surgery). I'll ask the doctor then to look at it and I'm betting he will tell me it's a wrinkle. It's very irritating, though.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:22 am

At the beginning they are quite irritating, indeed! But with cycling, they start to be much more pliable, and way less discomforting. It can easily take 4-6 months,based on my experience, to feel they are part of you.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:01 am

ThePlumber1964 wrote:At the beginning they are quite irritating, indeed! But with cycling, they start to be much more pliable, and way less discomforting. It can easily take 4-6 months,based on my experience, to feel they are part of you.

Not irritating. Just curious (and a little worrisome it might signal a defect in the tube).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:16 pm

I really dont think its a defect. Sounds very similar to what i had and like someone said will probably disappear with regilar cycling.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Return to “Implants”