Cannot pump AMMS LGX 700

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bionic

Cannot pump AMMS LGX 700

Postby Bionic » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 am

Hi everyone, Not happy with the stiffness and amount of pressure on the pump that's required to get any results . Its also painful because the scrotum gets irritated. I initially and still am very disappointed with the length I have lost. Doc said "you can screw with that.' And Im like "really?'" Cal me stumpy. Its a good thing Im married to an understanding wife, because if I were single Id be embarrassed to it it to anyone. I have the AMS LGX 700, I dont know the length. Im going to ask for a copy of the operative summary to see what was done and what was used.I have yet to be able to pump the 24 squeezes the Doc did on activation. Anyone have a similar experience?
65 yrs old, Diabetes type 2 Diagnosed 2014. Implant surgery date 10/12/2017
AMS LGX 700

Larry10625

Re: Cannot pump AMMS LGX 700

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:45 am

Bionic wrote:Hi everyone, Not happy with the stiffness and amount of pressure on the pump that's required to get any results . Its also painful because the scrotum gets irritated. I initially and still am very disappointed with the length I have lost. Doc said "you can screw with that.' And Im like "really?'" Cal me stumpy. Its a good thing Im married to an understanding wife, because if I were single Id be embarrassed to it it to anyone. I have the AMS LGX 700, I dont know the length. Im going to ask for a copy of the operative summary to see what was done and what was used.I have yet to be able to pump the 24 squeezes the Doc did on activation. Anyone have a similar experience?

Please create a signature. It makes things much easier to answer your questions without asking a lot of questions. Here's how you do it
Click on your name in the top right corner and select "user control panel"

Then under the big letters "User Control Panel" there is a row of words... select "Profile"

Then down the left had side of the "User Control Panel" select "Edit Signature" (You might have Create Signature or something. I don't know exactly what you'll get because I already have a signature to edit)

Most guys put something like what I have, but you can put whatever you want. Here is mine -
"AMS 700 (18 + 2 rte's). Implanted March 30, 2017 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. Great surgeon. Went in to septic shock and had to have implant removed April 29, 2017. I'm from Belleville, Ontario, CANADA. Appt. for consult for second attempt is on November 6, 2017... I can't wait."

Don't get too carried away with the doctor like his name, address, phone number, etc (anything that looks like advertising for him).. you can certainly say Dr. Jones (great Dr.)

If you need further help, please ask, that's what I'm here for.

Larry

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 am

Bionic wrote:Hi everyone, Not happy with the stiffness and amount of pressure on the pump that's required to get any results . Its also painful because the scrotum gets irritated. I initially and still am very disappointed with the length I have lost. Doc said "you can screw with that.' And Im like "really?'" Cal me stumpy. Its a good thing Im married to an understanding wife, because if I were single Id be embarrassed to it it to anyone. I have the AMS LGX 700, I dont know the length. Im going to ask for a copy of the operative summary to see what was done and what was used.I have yet to be able to pump the 24 squeezes the Doc did on activation. Anyone have a similar experience?

Dear Bionic,

I understand how difficult that is as I've been through it. I'm at 2 months post-op and my activation was at 3 weeks post-op with the same device you've. The pump was hard as a marble, but it only can get better from here. Since activation, I've been pumping at least twice daily (even I got skin infection in my scrotum, I kept pumping). I can tell you that I gained at lease over 1/2" in length (may be more) and over 1/4" in girth for sure. The pump is getting softer. I still need to pump like 50 times to get a decent hard-on, but it is okay, with LGX, you can gain length back and remember, the implant is a 6-12 months project. It is not an off/on switch. Happy to chat in private if you like, but rest assured that with proper effort, it'll only get better from here.

Quick question: do you get the "tick" from the pump at first squeeze?

Matt

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:59 am

Please create a signature. It makes things much easier to answer your questions without asking a lot of questions. Here's how you do it
Click on your name in the top right corner and select "user control panel"

Then under the big letters "User Control Panel" there is a row of words... select "Profile"

Then down the left had side of the "User Control Panel" select "Edit Signature" (You might have Create Signature or something. I don't know exactly what you'll get because I already have a signature to edit)

Most guys put something like what I have, but you can put whatever you want. Here is mine -
"AMS 700 (18 + 2 rte's). Implanted March 30, 2017 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. Great surgeon. Went in to septic shock and had to have implant removed April 29, 2017. I'm from Belleville, Ontario, CANADA. Appt. for consult for second attempt is on November 6, 2017... I can't wait."

Don't get too carried away with the doctor like his name, address, phone number, etc (anything that looks like advertising for him).. you can certainly say Dr. Jones (great Dr.)

If you need further help, please ask, that's what I'm here for.

Larry

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Bionic,
Sorry to hear about your problems. I have two tips for you I learned from other men here on FT. First, when you deflate your device, go until the buzz stops, squeeze your penis to remove more fluid from the cylinders and then hold the deflate a couple more seconds. This completely clears the implant of fluid. Second, push firmly on the pump bulb to activate it. Then, and this made a huge difference for me, rather than squeezing the bulb and then letting the bulb refill with note fluid before squeezing again, I am now giving it very quick partial squeezes at a steady rate. Now instead of needing 50 pumps to get really hard it is about half that. During many of the pumps the bulb is rather hard, but I push the very end versus the middle and it is working.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Bionic
Dont get discouraged or frustrated. The ams pump will loosen up over time. I have the lgx as well and with regular cycling, you can gain in size, length and girth. Be patient. Pump up as hard as you can. Wait ten minutes and get a few more pumps in. Continue to do that until you experience discomfort/pain. This will help you increase your size. I am 6 mos post op and doing well. Can pump to 70 pumps plus. First week of pumping i was very disappointed too but you will see improvement.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Bionic,

I'm 16 weeks post-op, and my LGX pump is way softer than when I started. I think it was around 10 weeks that it became noticeably softer.

One of the downsides to my upcoming revision is I will end up with a brand new pump, and will be back to square one having to deal with a rock hard pump for a while.

Hang in there. It will get easier. And you should gain some length and girth. I'm up about a half inch in length and a quarter inch in girth. Medhatg is right. This is a project that will take a long time to fully play out.

Happy thanksgiving!

Bob 2.3
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:15 pm

I couldn’t pump my LGX more than 10 times for the first couple of weeks. Don’t worry, it will loosen up. I don’t know, I must have no feelings in my sack because I can squeeze hell out of the pump and doesn’t Bother me.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:35 am

Bionic

How long have you had your implant?
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Bionic

Postby Bionic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Thanks, everyone for all their helpful suggestions. A lot of the advice I received, makes a lot of sense, and would probably work, if I had the strength in my fingers to apply enough pressure to inflate. Ive tried two finger technique (fingers over fingers) two index and two thumbs. What usually happens then, is that, the bulb slips out of my grip.
i feel really awkward talking about it because, I cant believe that something as simple as squeezing with enough pressure is a problem for me. I wish there was salad like tong like device I could safely use to condition and soften the pump bulb. Any suggestions, any one?
65 yrs old, Diabetes type 2 Diagnosed 2014. Implant surgery date 10/12/2017
AMS LGX 700

Return to “Implants”