Implants and cold weather

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Eugene

Implants and cold weather

Postby Eugene » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:27 pm

I am two months post implant and am still on a learning curve with my new "hardware".

As the weather has become colder I have noticed that I seem to be more sensitive to the cold down there. That is I seem to get a cold achy feeling when I dress as I normally would given the outdoor temperatures. But, my dick gets cold quickly and hurts. I walk about three miles most mornings and I have had some discomfort when the temps are around freezing and especially if there is a wind chill. This morning I inserted a piece of handkerchief size cloth in my underwear to help shield my "junk" from the cold wind while walking in my sweat pants and jacket. It helped a little.

Has anyone else experienced this increase sensitivity to cold weather? If so how do you deal with it? I was wondering if I am still healing and that the sensitivity might diminish over time.
Prostatectomy and radiation therapy 2/05. AMS 700 implanted 9/17.

Smetro

Re: Implants and cold weather

Postby Smetro » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 pm

My feelings are that you are still in healing/sensitive mode at only 8 weeks post op. I skied at 8 months with no problems at all.....except getting very horny being away from my GF for a week.
Time is all it takes for everything to normalise.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Eugene
This will pass. I am 6 mos post op. I live in the north east and i hunt deer. I sit in a tree for sometimes 5-6 hours and temp does not bother the penis implant. Been out with wind chills below 10 degrees F. Like Smetro said, you are still healing. It all gets better.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Robocock444

Postby Robocock444 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:45 am

Hey Bandit,
Think of it this way...your whole life, you've been pumping warm bloodthru your entire penis. Now, you have static saline that's sitting outside of your body and acclimating to ambient temps. Now you are also trying to push blood along side your implant to your glands. You will adjust somewhat. But it's your new normal and you will ,on occasion, probably have to adjust your clothing options. Or move south!
2 LGX Failures. 1 Titan failure. Best Dr's in Ct. cause much pain and swelling. Saw Dr Eid and had Titan 24 +1 installed. No pain or swelling. Back in business in 14 days !

nudist

Postby nudist » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:38 am

Robocock444 wrote: Or move south!

please don't move south! the traffic is horrible here already!
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:09 pm

nudist wrote:
Robocock444 wrote: Or move south!

please don't move south! the traffic is horrible here already!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:01 pm

I live in a cold climate and also have a weather related problem......her lips stick to my implant when she performs oral sex on me outdoors.......it's embarrassing to have to call the fire dept each time this happens......
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Return to “Implants”