Is it recommended to pump after implant to remedy decreased size using vacuum pump

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
krdjango1960

Is it recommended to pump after implant to remedy decreased size using vacuum pump

Postby krdjango1960 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:36 pm

Is it recommended to pump after implant to remedy decreased size.
AMS700 LGX implant. To clarify - The question should be "Is it recommended to pump after implant to remedy decreased size using vacuum pump". My initial thought is that it is dangerous - but looking for input.
Last edited by krdjango1960 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug17 AMS700 LGX 15cm+2cm RTE by Dr. Brock. Heart, diabetes. ED-overweight, diabetes and meds. Injection was painful. Severe Peyronie, tissue damage was caused by injection). Venous leakage. After surgery inflated: L=3.0" Girth=4.5"

medhatg

Re: Is it recommended to pump after implant to remedy decreased size

Postby medhatg » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:22 pm

After the implant, the word "pump" refers to inflating the implant using the pump in the scrotum. If you've got an LGX then it should expand up to 20%, however, it will be restricted by the scar tissue, hence you need to pump until it is really painful (meaning it is pressuring against the scar tissue), leave it inflated for at least 15-30 minutes and put up with the pain. If the pain is too much for you, take Advil or Aleve before hand. Remember the implant is 6 to 18 months project.

DonDon

Re: Is it recommended to pump after implant to remedy decreased size

Postby DonDon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Certainly with the LGX, I would keep pumping often. I've seen recommendations up to 4 times a day for an hour each. Do these people have anything else to do?? Mine is MUCH smaller than yours and NOT an LGX, but I still can pump up 2-3 times a day hoping to gain a little length back. I am down over two inches due to radical prostatectomy (about 1 3/8") and implant by a conservative doctor (a little over an inch.) Remembering that a normal penis gets erect during the night several times, I am told that multiple daily inflations are mimicking your own body's actions. I can do one in the morning while waking up, sometimes carry it over into the shower. Otherwise another one in the shower through breakfast. And one again as I am going to sleep, sometimes with sex to get my release from the daily grind. Occasionally, I wake in the middle of the night and haven't deflated it yet. But I have to deflate in order to urinate; the angle of inflation is too high to hit the toilet and the inflated tubes restrict the urine flow. I am usually inflated when I go to breakfast and my wife is just getting used to seeing me all pumped up in the morning. I can't do underwear when pumped up as it sticks out too far. I have trouble reaching an hour of inflation each time. It gets cold and starts to throb. I assume the inflated tubes are restricting blood flow. I am not convinced that a partial inflation serves the purpose of gaining length back. Seems that you WANT to stretch it out as much as possible. The most conservative recommendation I have read is to inflate it once a day forever.
Aug'15: RP NON nerve-sparing on Rt. Pills, vac pump, injections: Injections were best, about 50%. Aug'17: Penile pain and headaches. Implant: AMS CX 18 cm+2 cm. (Undersized! :x ) Asked for LGX! Ochsner Hospital, New Orleans, LA Still working great.

Dave0621

Re: Is it recommended to pump after implant to remedy decreased size using vacuum pump

Postby Dave0621 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Same trouble here. Can only inflate to about 3 inches. Do you have to "practice" or something?

krdjango1960

Re: Is it recommended to pump after implant to remedy decreased size using vacuum pump

Postby krdjango1960 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:19 am

Dave0621 wrote:Same trouble here. Can only inflate to about 3 inches. Do you have to "practice" or something?

I am following the advice from the guys who posted information. I find it to be quite useful and I plan to cycle and stretch. I can inflate to 3". Even if the bulb gets really hard, it will eventually allow you to pump more - don't give up. Read the articles on FT. So far, I found the info credible, useful and encourages me to keep on pumping. Still trying to figure out the stretching exercises.
Aug17 AMS700 LGX 15cm+2cm RTE by Dr. Brock. Heart, diabetes. ED-overweight, diabetes and meds. Injection was painful. Severe Peyronie, tissue damage was caused by injection). Venous leakage. After surgery inflated: L=3.0" Girth=4.5"

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:54 am

krdjango1960 wrote:
Dave0621 wrote:Same trouble here. Can only inflate to about 3 inches. Do you have to "practice" or something?

I am following the advice from the guys who posted information. I find it to be quite useful and I plan to cycle and stretch. I can inflate to 3". Even if the bulb gets really hard, it will eventually allow you to pump more - don't give up. Read the articles on FT. So far, I found the info credible, useful and encourages me to keep on pumping. Still trying to figure out the stretching exercises.

Dr. Brock told me to vacuum for 3 minutes, five times a day pre-op. That might be good advice post-op as well. Each time getting pumped up to where it hurts PLUS one pump.

Larry

krdjango1960

Postby krdjango1960 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 am

Larry10625 wrote:
krdjango1960 wrote:

Dr. Brock told me to vacuum for 3 minutes, five times a day pre-op. That might be good advice post-op as well. Each time getting pumped up to where it hurts PLUS one pump.

Larry

I am concerned that I may damage the implanted components or affect the healing process by using a "Vacuum Pump" (VED?)

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:28 am

Dave,
there is a thread on the "Implant" section about a gentleman who was at 3" post-op and after 5 or 6 months of pumping is just under 5". It is a painful and long process, but like one poster said, the implant is a one-year project.
Good luck

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:34 am

krdjango1960 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
krdjango1960 wrote:I am following the advice from the guys who posted information. I find it to be quite useful and I plan to cycle and stretch. I can inflate to 3". Even if the bulb gets really hard, it will eventually allow you to pump more - don't give up. Read the articles on FT. So far, I found the info credible, useful and encourages me to keep on pumping. Still trying to figure out the stretching exercises.

Larry

I am concerned that I may damage the implanted components or affect the healing process by using a "Vacuum Pump" (VED?)

Please do not use Vacuum devices post the surgery. What Larry meant is before the operation to stretch the size and make sure that the surgeon does the proper sizing.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:46 am

medhatg wrote:
krdjango1960 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Please do not use Vacuum devices post the surgery. What Larry meant is before the operation to stretch the size and make sure that the surgeon does the proper sizing.

Sorry, yes... too many things at the same time. So, Vacuum before the operation 5 X 3 minutes each day and then (as soon as possible after consultation with your doctor) using the pump in your scrotum, pump up to discomfort plus one 5 X 3 minutes each day. Good luck. :)

Larry

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”