WTF did I do that phase and how did you deal with it

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DaveKell

Re: WTF did I do that phase and how did you deal with it

Postby DaveKell » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:13 pm

I'm in the WTFDIWSL phase. Three months or so and I wonder WTF Did I Wait So Long? I've completely mentally accepted the feeling of the implant as my normal state of being, you have to. The mind is extremely capable of dwelling on any small change. Remember not being able to keep your tongue out of the socket on a recently lost tooth? I feel the implant several times a day as a foreign sensation in my groin. I choose to rejoice in the new feelings with the knowledge of what I've proven numerous times I can do with it. I got the better end of the deal with the object occupying my dick and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Today is my two week anniversary of my implant surgery. So far I have not had any WTF moments. Thankfully, I have not had much of anyswelling, bruising, or pain. I go for my activation appt. in two weeks. I know that will likely bring on some pain as my penis is stretched, but only time will tell.

My penis failed me for half of my life, so it would take a lot for me to have any regrets about getting an implant. I thought about the pros and cons over and over again. I know I made the decision I had to make. Years ago following a different surgery I was in a lot of pain. Even then I looked at it as positive pain. It was negative before surgery when I kept getting worse, but while mending, I knew it was just a phase as I recovered. It will like be the same as I start using the implant and go through those painful moments. Yes, it will likely hurt, but I will focus on the reward to get through it.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:38 pm

ccrider wrote:
radioradio wrote:
medhatg wrote:I'm currently 11 days post op for implant of my LGX 700. The healing process is going fine. However, I started to get into the "WTF did I do to myself?" phase. All of a sudden now I long to the injection days, blah blah.

Just wondering, Is this normal? and how did you deal with it?

Thank you

For me, the WTF? moments still pop up a little every once in a while. Like when I feel the folds of the cylinders when flaccid, or when I still feel burning from the tips in my glans when inflated and think this is never going to be like it was. Sometimes it takes me a while to get a grip and remember that although everything may be different -- and that's an understatement -- my condition before the implant absolutely sucked. After my RALP, nothing was good. Turtle head dick, no hardons, sore Dick from injections that didn't work, the whole self esteem/self worth bullshit that comes with ED, and the general depression. That was never going to get better all by itself. Yeah, maybe after 2 years I'd be able to get a half a hardon with a dick that shrunk a lot from the prostatectomy, but probably not.

So now, "WTF did I do?", I took the bold step to do something about all of that crap. And I get over it until it pops up the next time. These times of doubt are becoming less frequent, and the panic is nowhere near where it was at 11 days. Patience seems to be my best friend in all of this, and I suck at being patient.

Hang in there brother. You're not crazy, you're normal. It may never be perfect, but it beats the shit out of spending the rest of your life with ED.

Bob 2.2

I think the surgeons try to downplay the length of recovery time and, in doing so, bring on the "WTF" syndrome. I started to feel comfortable using my LGX around 12 weeks after the procedure. After 4 weeks/first activation, I could use it but it was uncomfortable...soreness in the tips etc., plus I had to master deflation. I'd be willing to bet that at some point after 8-12 weeks, you'll be wondering "WTF" didn't I do this years ago? It's that good...

ccrider, I agree with you a 100% the recovery time is downplayed. My doctor did tell me it would be 6 weeks before i would see a difference in soreness and 3 months before I was real comfortable. I am sure there are others out there that had no pain after 4 weeks and fucking with no soreness and good for them. Until you feel back to normal you will have a few WTF moments. I wouldn't give this thing back now for nothing
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:16 am

Sure, I had a huge WTF phase which got me through my healing process....Who To Fuck!!!!!!!.......I was anxious & excited to get it done and had nothing to lose.....I lost very little time between having a limp dick to getting implanted.....I also read about many other people's experiences here including using the search feature to read everything I could, past & present.....my only concern was the very slight chance of infection which never happened......but even as I looked down at my heavily bandaged dick and even when discomfort/pain set in both in healing & cycling, I never questioned my decision or doubted the workings of the implant, especially since I had one of the 2 best doctors in the world perform my implant......so when any of you guys are laid up and your thoughts begin to wander over to the dark side.....just think of Who To Fuck...... 8-) :D
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Ams700man

Postby Ams700man » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:39 pm

I had tbat moment, by day 2 of my implant. Im on week 5 now,I still 2ns guessing ,but not as often. I went to see my Dr. Yesterday and I am clear to pump it up,but it hurts like a SOB..that pain is horrible hope it goes away before I get into sex. How long did that sharp pain lasted for you guys??
Ever
Washington
Ams700LGX
Implanted on 8/30/17
45yrs old
Started ED at 37

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Ams700man wrote:I had tbat moment, by day 2 of my implant. Im on week 5 now,I still 2ns guessing ,but not as often. I went to see my Dr. Yesterday and I am clear to pump it up,but it hurts like a SOB..that pain is horrible hope it goes away before I get into sex. How long did that sharp pain lasted for you guys??

Go slow when the pain starts stop and hold right there. The more you cycle the pain will get easier you are breaking scar tissue. The burning at the tips is a a son of a bitch

Ams700man

Postby Ams700man » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:25 pm

Thank you for the input.
Ever
Washington
Ams700LGX
Implanted on 8/30/17
45yrs old
Started ED at 37

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 am

After 4 months only pleasure......except for the twice daily pump up but even that is very mild now.....at 9 months post op :D
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:18 am

Tybeeman wrote:
ccrider wrote:
radioradio wrote:For me, the WTF? moments still pop up a little every once in a while. Like when I feel the folds of the cylinders when flaccid, or when I still feel burning from the tips in my glans when inflated and think this is never going to be like it was. Sometimes it takes me a while to get a grip and remember that although everything may be different -- and that's an understatement -- my condition before the implant absolutely sucked. After my RALP, nothing was good. Turtle head dick, no hardons, sore Dick from injections that didn't work, the whole self esteem/self worth bullshit that comes with ED, and the general depression. That was never going to get better all by itself. Yeah, maybe after 2 years I'd be able to get a half a hardon with a dick that shrunk a lot from the prostatectomy, but probably not.

So now, "WTF did I do?", I took the bold step to do something about all of that crap. And I get over it until it pops up the next time. These times of doubt are becoming less frequent, and the panic is nowhere near where it was at 11 days. Patience seems to be my best friend in all of this, and I suck at being patient.

Hang in there brother. You're not crazy, you're normal. It may never be perfect, but it beats the shit out of spending the rest of your life with ED.

Bob 2.2

I think the surgeons try to downplay the length of recovery time and, in doing so, bring on the "WTF" syndrome. I started to feel comfortable using my LGX around 12 weeks after the procedure. After 4 weeks/first activation, I could use it but it was uncomfortable...soreness in the tips etc., plus I had to master deflation. I'd be willing to bet that at some point after 8-12 weeks, you'll be wondering "WTF" didn't I do this years ago? It's that good...

ccrider, I agree with you a 100% the recovery time is downplayed. My doctor did tell me it would be 6 weeks before i would see a difference in soreness and 3 months before I was real comfortable. I am sure there are others out there that had no pain after 4 weeks and fucking with no soreness and good for them. Until you feel back to normal you will have a few WTF moments. I wouldn't give this thing back now for nothing

Good morning gents;
The doctors are not the problem, the patients are. (NO, I'm not a doctor). Patients expect the doctors to be able to answer all questions and sometimes they can't. Rather then the patient just accepting what the doctor says, the patient just looks for another way to ask the question. Doctors cannot answer questions about pain. They don't know how much pain and for how long. The problem is if you put 10 post op patients in one room that all had the exact same procedure, you will probably get 8 different answers about the pain. So when the say 4 weeks, 5, n6, etc. they are just estimates based on what other patients have told them.

Larry

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Tybeeman wrote:
ccrider wrote:

Good morning gents;
The doctors are not the problem, the patients are. (NO, I'm not a doctor). Patients expect the doctors to be able to answer all questions and sometimes they can't. Rather then the patient just accepting what the doctor says, the patient just looks for another way to ask the question. Doctors cannot answer questions about pain. They don't know how much pain and for how long. The problem is if you put 10 post op patients in one room that all had the exact same procedure, you will probably get 8 different answers about the pain. So when the say 4 weeks, 5, n6, etc. they are just estimates based on what other patients have told them.

Larry

I agree Larry but one thing is for sure. The human body takes 100 days to heal. Now you may feel pain or not. Maybe sore or not. But what ever surgery you have, it is 100 days to heal
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Return to “Implants”