Titan Warranty???

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ronn1708

Titan Warranty???

Postby Ronn1708 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:20 am

I just had a replacement due to equipment failure. The implant had a lifetime warranty. I read one doctors faq and he said you are not charged for replacement.
Has anyone had theirs replaced because of failure? Did coloplast help or pay for the replacement cost involved!
Thanks!
Ron
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

dg_moore

Re: Titan Warranty???

Postby dg_moore » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:24 am

As I understand it, the device itself is warranted by the manufacture so there should be no charge for it. However, the surgeon, anesthesia, and other hospital charges would not be covered by that warranty. The doctor might have some special policy regarding fees for replacement, but that would be up to him/her to determine.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:07 am

It like any other warranty they have to get the old one back. The surgeron will do all that.
You actually buy the implant from the Dr. Just like a new car you buy it from a dealer not the manufacturer. Warranties are done thru the dealership with the manufacturer reimbursing the dealer.

irishguy

Postby irishguy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:08 pm

so what happens todowith cost when you want a revision from a different URO to the one you originally used??
Age 34 Implanted with a 20cm Titan, Mar 19 2013, By Doctor David Ralph in London England,
8 years with implant and after a rocky start I’m very happy with the implant

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Dr Kramer replaced the cylinders and pump of my Titan on 7/26/17. The hospital still charged Medicare $14418.25 for the device and Medicare approved payment (80%). My secondary insurance has not responded yet. I don't think I should have been charged but we will see. I am waiting for my secondary BCBS to respond. My first implant was done at Vanderbilt and all charges were covered by Medicare and BCBS. I have already seen other indications of filing errors by U of Maryland but I am working on those now.

If you look at the Titan warranty dated 7/1/17, it states it will provide the device if replaced with the same model (https://www.coloplastmd.com/wp-content/ ... -00929.pdf). The action must be initiated by the surgeon. I had the OTR pump replaced by the Touch Pump at the urging of Dr Kramer so this may be why they charged me for the implant since it is not the "same" model pump - I don't know yet I am just starting to deal with the filing issues. I am not sure but I think Coloplast sells these devices to the facility or surgeon and they then resell to the patient - if so, there may no financial advantage or maybe even a financial disadvantage to the surgeon or hospital to invoke the warranty.

These insurance issues along with medical issues surrounding my revision (I have documented some of those on this website) have made this revision a less than satisfactory experience.
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”