Medical record privacy

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dustyknox

Medical record privacy

Postby Dustyknox » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Can a pharmacist at a hospital where I have never been a patient pull my prescription drug history?

Please only answer if you have direct knowledge.
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

Anonymous3

Re: Medical record privacy

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:10 pm

That a tricky area with the Electronic Health Records which you gave consent to at the Dr office. Here in Ga only some pain meds require an hand carried script .In the old days that how the pill shopper would bounce from pharamcy to pharamcy. Because one pharamcy did not know what the other was doing. The states have cracked down so much on pain killers. Any dr or pharamcy that is part of EHR can see everything. My civilian dr can see my va meds. Your insurance company tracks it also.

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 pm

In MS the bureau of narcotics keeps records of all scripts filled in the state along with who they were written for.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Dustyknox

Postby Dustyknox » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:43 pm

I told no one about my surgery. Not even family. I live in Florida. When I get back today, one of my friends that is a pharmacist at the local hospital asked me how my implant surgery went. I've never even been to his hospital. I'm assuming he must have looked up my prescription history, saw the pain killers from Dr Eid's office, and then googled Dr Eid's specially.

I am embarrassed, and I feel like it is a complete invasion of privacy.
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:30 am

Dustyknox wrote:I told no one about my surgery. Not even family. I live in Florida. When I get back today, one of my friends that is a pharmacist at the local hospital asked me how my implant surgery went. I've never even been to his hospital. I'm assuming he must have looked up my prescription history, saw the pain killers from Dr Eid's office, and then googled Dr Eid's specially.

I totally understand the feelings you are having, but... Ask him to be discrete and to keep secrecy because he is obliged to that. And, after all... You did something to address your Ed, the proper way. There is nothing to be embarrassed. There should be more like you!

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:34 am

I feel for you man. At my age (61) I am long over the embarrassment, but I would have been at your age. It is unfortunate that so many people abuse prescription drugs that we all are scrutinized for it. Just know you did the right thing for yourself and hold your head high. Until another man has gone though what we who had to resort to implants has gone through, they can't possibly understand.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 am

At my age dude. I don't care who knows. I am so proud of my implant. I can fuck again. Better than ever. Ask me if I had an implant. "I sure did, wanna see it"?
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:29 am

I am proud too and will tell any many when you start having problems get to a Dr.

Now back on thread topic. From what Dusty told me in PM the guy did not have a need to know.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:40 am

PFracture wrote:
Dustyknox wrote:I told no one about my surgery. Not even family. I live in Florida. When I get back today, one of my friends that is a pharmacist at the local hospital asked me how my implant surgery went. I've never even been to his hospital. I'm assuming he must have looked up my prescription history, saw the pain killers from Dr Eid's office, and then googled Dr Eid's specially.

I totally understand the feelings you are having, but... Ask him to be discrete and to keep secrecy because he is obliged to that. And, after all... You did something to address your Ed, the proper way. There is nothing to be embarrassed. There should be more like you!

OH MY, I agree with PFracture. I would tell the guy that first you didnt appreciate it, but that you hoped that he keep it discreet. He is just as obligated as a doctor to do that. If he does not you have a hell of a lawsuit. The answer to your question is yes he can look at your prescription records. He is playing with fire bringing that up to you
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 am

In my province this is allowed. Drug seekers, especially living near provincial borders, could make colour copies of prescriptions and get many more narcotic pain meds as was prescribed.

Larry

Return to “Implants”