My Story / Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dustyknox

My Story / Journal

Postby Dustyknox » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:40 am

I will edit this first post with updates or any important info. If anyone asks a question that may help others, I will add the info to this first post. When I was doing my homework, I found it frustrating to have to read 20-40 pages to get one person's experience. So let me save you the trouble, THIS POST IS ALL YOU NEED TO READ. I apologize for grammar errors as this was written entirely on my phone.

MY BACKGROUND
I have always been very fit and healthy. I had an active, wonderful sex life. I started losing some of my hair, and I foolishly took Propecia. After a few months I had severe erectile dysfunction. Even though I discontinued taking Propecia, the ED has persisted over the last 10 years. I recently developed slight Peyronie's disease as well. Nevertheless the PDE5 inhibitors completely stopped working, and I had a coupe urologists suggest VED or injections. So then I would say, "how do I bring that up on a date? 'Excuse me for a second, I need to shove a needle in my dick.'" I knew that was not a solution. My ED has been so severe for the last year, I haven't dated at all. I just refuse to go through the embarrassment/frustration again. That's when I knew it was time to get an implant. I knew that even if it went wrong, my life wouldn't be significantly worse.

SURGERY PREFACE
I chose Dr Eid for obvious reasons. Total cost is around $30k. My insurance will cover some of it. I didn't tell anyone about my surgery. My friends and family think I took a little vacation in NYC. I stayed in the hotel for 15 days, so I could return without suspicion. I chose the Country Inn and Suites in Long Island as it was half the price of the hotels recommended by Dr Eid's office. I used Uber to get to/from surgery and Dr Eid's office. I made sure the hotel had a bath (which I cleaned thoroughly), fridge, and microwave. I stocked the fridge the day before my surgery with lots of easy to prepare meals. I wore large shorts and a large shirt every day. I also used sandals as I figured tying my shoes would be difficult. I brought way too many clothes as the majority of my time was spent naked in bed.

SURGERY DAY
Everything went smoothly. After the surgery, I didn't have any problem with pain or walking around. I assume this was due to the spinal nerve block. Dr Eid's office previously referred me to a chaperone to take me to the hotel. The pain started that evening. I just took hydromorphone (powerful pain killer), ice, and slept as much as possible. The entire package is covered with gauze and supported by jockstrap. My shaft will have to be pointed towards my waist for the next couple weeks. It is inflated slightly. The hospital gave me latex gloves that I half filled with water, and would rotate in the freezer. It was a pain. Be sure to bring your own ice pack or frozen peas. I was instructed not to sit as this can push the pump up in the scrotum to where it is not accessible.

DAY 1-2
I had lots of pain and discomfort. I continued to take hydromorphone, ice, and sleep as much as possible. I nearly passed out on the toilet when attempting a bowel movement. I had shoulder surgery years ago, and the doctor was shocked I didn't take any pain meds. Implant surgery was far worse. Take the pain meds, and sleep as much as possible. During this time, I really questioned if I had made the right decision.

DAY 3
I was able to remove the gauze, and I was surprised that the swelling was so minimal and that there was hardly any bruising. From the other photos I have seen, I expected much worse. Be sure to bring alcohol to help remove the adhesive tape for the gauze or you are going to give yourself a painful Brazilian wax. I easily removed the catheter. There was blood in my urine, and I am told that this will continue for a few days. I was also able to have a good bowel movement. I feel so much better without the catheter and without feeling constipated. I was able to switch to the less powerful pain killer Tylenol 3. I was instructed to take 3 hot baths per day, and they really help relieve the pain.

DAY 4-12
I could not walk initially without extreme pain in my scrotum, and this continued throughout this time period. I really worried because walking was so painful, and it didn't seem to be improving significantly. The jockstrap they provided me was useless. I would go without underwear and tuck my partial erection in my waist band. I also cut a hole in the top of my boxer briefs just large enough for my shaft to be tucked up by my waistband. This was also relatively comfortable. Most of the time, I didn't use underwear. Nevertheless I would spend most of my days naked just laying in bed. I would take 3-4 baths per day, and I would usually be in there for an hour. The baths really helped relieve the discomfort. I had no pain when laying down. I only took ibuprofen. I ordered food to be delivered to my hotel room door nearly every night.

DAY 13
Dr Eid wanted me to activate the device as early as 3 days, but this just wasn't possible. The inflate bulb is easy to find. The deflation valve is behind the bulb deep in my scrotum. The minimal swelling I do have is also located here making it very difficult to differentiate how the deflation valve is positioned. Luckily his office was able to show me, and I was able to activate it for the first time. Dr Eid says early activation is important so scar tissue forms over a fully filled reservoir preventing auto inflation, AND early activation helps preserve length. I had the stitches removed, and I no longer need to have the shaft pointed towards my waist. I still have a slight pain/discomfort in my scrotum and shaft when walking. However it is very tolerable. I also don't have to use the shower to pee anymore! Life is good.

DAY 14
The pain in my scrotum when walking is completely gone. I am shocked at how quickly this has improved in the last two days. A few days ago I was wondering how I would be able to work. I have some slight discomfort in my glans, but it is very tolerable. I am well enough to return to work. I walk normally for the most part. However if asked I plan to say that my back is a little sore from working out.

DAY 15
I continue to inflate daily. Depending on arousal, I measured anywhere from 6.5-7.0" pre op. I am currently 6.5" unaroused. Measurements are taken from above with pubic bone pressed. Girth is about the same as before, and I am told that the cylinders will expand to give me more in time. I am not able to fully inflate due to slight pain in the tips of my glans. Nevertheless, I think it is safe to say I didn't lose any size. My scrotum looks completely normal, but you can definitely feel a foreign object. My flaccid state looks completely normal, but I do have a slight fold in the cylinder at the top of my shaft and it hangs slightly to the left. I don't think anyone would notice though. Although it looks normal, the flaccid shaft doesn't feel normal. My erect state looks and feels like a completely normal, hard penis. Erect the shaft is perpendicular from my body. My slight Peyronie's disease is completely gone.

DAY 16
I attached a photo for those that are curious.

DAY 17
Inflated to approximately 80%, and I was able to masturbate to orgasm with ease. Even with the discomfort, I actually found it much easier to orgasm because I could maintain an erection. I still have some discomfort throughout the day in the shaft and where the pump rests against my testes, but it's tolerable.

DAY 18
Retuned to work this Monday. For the part, very little discomfort or pain.

WEEK 5
I had casual sex last night and this morning. She had no idea I had an implant. Last night, I could tell we were about to have sex. She excused herself to the bathroom. So I pumped up fully in my bed. When she climbed in, I initially kept a little distance so she couldn't tell I had a raging hard on. Once we started foreplay, I rubbed it against her. While in missionary, I pulled out to cum on her pussy. I immediately deflated then without her knowing. In the morning, I went into the bathroom to pee. I decided to pump and go for round two. During both these sessions, she performed oral briefly. I did tell her prior to us having sex that I don't like my balls played with, so she never touched my balls. I still have pain in the tips when fully pumped, so I only pumped up maybe 90%. We tried multiple positions. There were times it was uncomfortable, but never really painful, except when she got on top. When she was on top, it was painful. Most of the discomfort/pain is located in the perineal area. Overall I am very happy with my first bionic sexual experience. She had no idea, and I t was absolutely wonderful to keep a raging hard on without worry.

MONTH 4
I told my girlfriend last night. She was incredibly understanding and supportive. I feel lucky to have her in my life. She asked a few questions, and she thanked me for being open with her. She completely understood why I didn’t tell her initially. (We have had marathon sex sessions over the past few weeks.) She commented that she feels closer to me now. She even shared some things about her past. Then we had sex again. Oh and we had sex this morning. Haha. Not to diminish how wonderful she is, but I think for guys that are concerned about this, it’s a bigger deal in our minds.

MONTH 8
So this morning, my girlfriend and I were having sex. Then her daughter popped in the room. We made it under the covers before she noticed anything, and I quickly deflated. Later when they were gone, I decided to masturbate. However the bulb was hard when squeezed, and it would not inflate the cylinders. So I remained flaccid no matter what I did. I tried pulling on it from different angles, pressing the deflate valve again, etc. Admittedly I was freaking out thinking I had broken something. So I wrote Dr. Eid. He replied within a couple hours, instructing me to take a hot bath for 15 minutes then squeeze the bulb hard and rapidly. He said it would likely pop open the closed valve, and of course, he was right. Crisis averted, and I am incredibly happy to have a doctor willing to give out and respond to emails so frequently.

I am very happy with my entire experience. Dr Eid is wonderful. You can tell he truly cares about his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone that needs this surgery. I will post updates on here as often as needed.

4 YEARS
I am happy to update that everything is great. I am still very happy with my decision to have the surgery. It has totally changed my life for the better. I wish you all the best of luck!

6 YEARS
Life is good. No updates. Implant still works!
Attachments
IMG_6296.JPG
IMG_6296.JPG (67.33 KiB) Viewed 5866 times
Last edited by Dustyknox on Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:44 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

Anonymous3

Re: My Story / Journal

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:48 am

If you are comfortable and have them post pics.

Congrats
Sounds like you doing good

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks for taking the time to make a comprehensive report, very helpful for those that follow.

I'm planning to see Dr Eid this year, but I'll be traveling from the west coast just for the surgery. I know you had personal reasons for taking 15 days before returning home, but based upon what you know now, could you have made a 5+ hour return flight with car shuttles at both ends on day 3? I know other people here have done just that, and Dr Eid says it's okay, but I still wonder what I will feel like on travel day.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Dustyknox

Postby Dustyknox » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:34 pm

could you have made a 5+ hour return flight with car shuttles at both ends on day 3?

‪Yes, but just know it will likely be a very painful, miserable experience. I would definitely ask for a wheelchair at the airport. ‬

‪Then again, some people have far less pain from this surgery than what I experienced. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones.‬

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:46 pm

If my dr does anyone that travels will not clear till day 5. I was semi local still did the motel day before and 2 days after. I was wore out on the drive home

Dustyknox

Postby Dustyknox » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Photo added

David_R

Postby David_R » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Lookin' good, Dustyknox! :D

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Real good

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:39 pm

You have a great looking dick. Congratulations!
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

nudist

Postby nudist » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:08 pm

could you include any pre-surgery activity?
ie. antibacterial body scrubs, VED pumping (how much), vitamins supplements.
any presurgery antibiotics?
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Return to “Implants”