New Here and Awaiting Implant

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Greg1956

New Here and Awaiting Implant

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Hello,
I just got my implant surgery date today. It will be on September 18th. I have waited for this for a long time and eager to get it behind me. I am 61 and gave had ED since I was 31. I am looking forward to learning from other posts and sharing my journey.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

philly444

Re: New Here and Awaiting Implant

Postby philly444 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:25 pm

Welcome to the group. Implanted December 2016 and willing to answer any questions.
AMS 700 LGX 18cm, implanted December 16, 2016, University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Wm. Jaffe Married to a Man

AirWolf

Postby AirWolf » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Welcome. I've had ED since 35 and am also thinking about an implant. What's changed in deciding to get one now? What other treatments have you tried? Just curious
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:32 am

Thanks guys. I first tried injections, then all of the pills, Muse suppositories, and vacuum pumping. My choice to move forward with the implant came when a doctor finally had a penile Doppler test done and it showed I have a severe venous leak. It was such a relief just to know for sure what the problem was after being frustrated for years.

I know there are many guys who are embarrassed about these kinds of problems and avoid going to the doctor or talking about it with anyone. I am not one of those guys. I have given it my all and been persistent. I just wish this had been detected earlier. I am eager to get the implant in, let it heal and go for a test drive.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Glad to have you in the Bionic Brotherhood. I would say the time will fly but it won't. My first implant couldn't take the strain so now I am waiting for a revision to be done 8/18/2017. We will all provide all the support we can, glad to have you here.

Warning at about day after you will be wondering, just what did I do? (It generally gets better from there.).

Waiting for the day.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks for the warning. I tolerate pain quite well. I have had Gallstones which required surgery and Rotator Cuff surgery. Both are high pain levels. I powered through both situations. I am psyching myself up to the idea it will be painful, but I am hoping I will have the same level of tolerance I have had with the other surgeries.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:40 am

Greg1956 wrote:Thanks guys. I first tried injections, then all of the pills, Muse suppositories, and vacuum pumping. My choice to move forward with the implant came when a doctor finally had a penile Doppler test done and it showed I have a severe venous leak. It was such a relief just to know for sure what the problem was after being frustrated for years.

I know there are many guys who are embarrassed about these kinds of problems and avoid going to the doctor or talking about it with anyone. I am not one of those guys. I have given it my all and been persistent. I just wish this had been detected earlier. I am eager to get the implant in, let it heal and go for a test drive.

Actually Greg, to the contrary, most of the members of Frank Talk will answer almost any question. Some will do show and tell and some will even post pictures. This is, BY FAR, the most informative website on any topic, I have ever heard of. There are no stupid question, cause most have been asked before. Some people will get stupid ignorant if you ask a question that was asked months ago... fuck em... ask away. When I joined, this site had been up for years. I was not going to read every post on every board to make sure I wasn't duplicating questions. Liker I have told people who get ignorant about it... if you don't want to answer the question, don't, there is no reason to be rude about it. :)

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:31 am

Greg1956 wrote:Thanks for the warning. I tolerate pain quite well. I have had Gallstones which required surgery and Rotator Cuff surgery. Both are high pain levels. I powered through both situations. I am psyching myself up to the idea it will be painful, but I am hoping I will have the same level of tolerance I have had with the other surgeries.

Have you started streching using a pump? I have been since late June my surgery is in 2 weeks

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:04 am

Larry,
When I referred to guys being embarrassed about ED I was not talking about the guys her at FT. There are tons of guys who won't even talk to their doctor about it. I don't understand it, but it is their reality. I agree the men here are very open and caring and willing to share. I am the same way and feel a great fit here.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:07 am

High,
I have been pumping, but I lost a lot of my length from age and more following prostate surgery so in the short time I have (one month before implant) I am not building myself up for any increase. If it happens, fantastic!

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”