Help/Advice

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ThePlumber1964

Re: Help/Advice

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 pm

Definitely, as you are describing your situation, something is not going as expected. Something is wrong.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Mon May 08, 2017 11:01 pm

jonbaldbg wrote:You do need to stay off bicycles as they can damage the apparatus. The only way to ride a bike would be with a special seat with a cutout in the middle that takes pressure off the pump.

Does this mean permanently off of bicycles or just during recovery from the procedure?
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Tue May 09, 2017 12:23 am

warrenw wrote:
jonbaldbg wrote:You do need to stay off bicycles as they can damage the apparatus. The only way to ride a bike would be with a special seat with a cutout in the middle that takes pressure off the pump.

Does this mean permanently off of bicycles or just during recovery from the procedure?

Permanently.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Tue May 09, 2017 1:23 am

before surgery, implant surgeons told me that bicycles and motorcycles are ok.......but now, my pump is far back , so maybe not ok for me. By the way, the far back position is great as it hides the pump in a place where they will struggle to find it, but if bike riding is key, maybe a pump position more in the front of your sac will work ??? discuss with your surgeon.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Tue May 09, 2017 1:56 pm

TANGERINE wrote:but if bike riding is key, maybe a pump position more in the front of your sac will work ??? discuss with your surgeon.

Thanks Tangerine. I definitely will be inquiring with surgeons as I go along. If I had to choose between giving up bicycling or giving up on an implant, the bike wins. I don't want an implant if it makes biking, yoga, or working out (sit-ups, ab exercises) unpleasant or impossible.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Tue May 09, 2017 10:31 pm

I do a bunch of rowing on a rowing ergometer at the gym....no problem.
Weight lifting with strain...no problem.
Running....no problem.

Maybe, if I get that bike seat with the groove in the middle, I could do biking...BUT, I just have not yet tried biking, so I do not know how it would be.

I suspect that a surgeon who is aware that biking is important can place your pump in a spot that will work. This assumes that you get a surgeon who is expert and takes the time to really work on placing the pump properly. That would require penoscrotal incision of course, and a surgeon (such as Eid) who really spends a bunch of extra time tweaking the pump position so that is is ideal (as opposed to a surgeon who slams the pump into the scrotum and hopes that all will be OK with patient pulling on it to get it into the right spot)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Otto78

Postby Otto78 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:09 pm

TANGERINE wrote:I do a bunch of rowing on a rowing ergometer at the gym....no problem.
Weight lifting with strain...no problem.
Running....no problem.

Maybe, if I get that bike seat with the groove in the middle, I could do biking...BUT, I just have not yet tried biking, so I do not know how it would be.

I suspect that a surgeon who is aware that biking is important can place your pump in a spot that will work. This assumes that you get a surgeon who is expert and takes the time to really work on placing the pump properly. That would require penoscrotal incision of course, and a surgeon (such as Eid) who really spends a bunch of extra time tweaking the pump position so that is is ideal (as opposed to a surgeon who slams the pump into the scrotum and hopes that all will be OK with patient pulling on it to get it into the right spot)

Did you ever have a straining feeling early on during your workouts? I am 8 weeks post surgery and get that feeling in the lower abs. That is while doing cardio or upper body.

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Plumber: I got my implant in Jan '16 and was bicycle riding by june. I am not a real serious biker, 45 minute to ah hour bike rides, and I have had no adverse i mpacts. I seem to recall a poster some time ago who did centuries and tris of various lengths. you might do a search on bicycling post implant. The only modification i made to my fitness routine was to discontinue the roman chair for abs. i did not want the reservior to be bending over the pad. i've switched to another apparatus that has straps over the shoulders and you pull weights from behind. i've really not seen any limitations on movement due to the implant.
hopes this helps
Cincinnnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:34 pm

It must be someone else. I do not do bicycle.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Sorry plumber, I should have addressed it to Otto the OP on page 1
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Return to “Implants”