26 Year Old Contemplating Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JayGould

Re: 26 Year Old Contemplating Implant

Postby JayGould » Mon May 08, 2017 12:33 am

PFracture wrote:There is a guy here that says he's had 10 implants. Talk to him!

Who is he?

zlsej9218

Postby zlsej9218 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:54 am

JayGould wrote:
PFracture wrote:There is a guy here that says he's had 10 implants. Talk to him!

I also want to know who is he..

Is more than 10 replacement possible?

I think most of the implant's lifetime last more than 8years

How old is he?

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Mon May 08, 2017 1:08 am

JayGould,

Just making sure you know you bumped a 2 year old thread right? Some of these guys may not even look at this forum anymore.

But it would be nice to hear from them again. I am 26 too, and am scheduling a surgery soon with Kramer or Eid. It would be amazing to hear from the OP where is actions led him.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Mon May 08, 2017 2:32 am

Cnidium wrote:JayGould,

Just making sure you know you bumped a 2 year old thread right? Some of these guys may not even look at this forum anymore.

But it would be nice to hear from them again. I am 26 too, and am scheduling a surgery soon with Kramer or Eid. It would be amazing to hear from the OP where is actions led him.

I decided to bump this one instead of creating a new one.

zlsej - Yeah hopefully an implant should last 10-15 years but it seems that many have revisions after just a couple of years. So 10+ years may only be wishful thinking for most people.

star_of_pramen

Postby star_of_pramen » Mon May 08, 2017 4:15 pm

I would be interested to hear as well - 27 and got an appointment next week where I intend to push for an implant
30 yo based in UK. ED for 9Y & complex med history. Tried pills, injections, dorsal vein ligation before implanted with 20cm Titan on 31-May-18. First implant had floppy glans + bad tubing. On 28-Aug-20 underwent a revision to 20cm Titan + 4cm RTEs

jelquinginjury

Postby jelquinginjury » Mon May 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Same here who is the man who has had 10 implants??
Injury that caused venous leak.
In my 20s thinking about implant

moreorless

Postby moreorless » Mon May 08, 2017 6:12 pm

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexu ... lants.html
Here a person (art662) had 8 implants, he got his first implant when he was 27 yo and in 2010 he was 55 yo I guess
Keep in mind that when he got the first implant it would be about 1980

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Mon May 08, 2017 6:51 pm

moreorless,

That post is a great find. It should serve as a reminder to us younger dudes that we don't have forever. You can wait all you want for some gene therapy, stem cell whatever, thing. But there is no such treatment to cure you right now. And if one is discovered, it will take years of trials and FDA approval before it can be applied to you.

The implants exist now. If they are implanted correctly, they work wonderfully. So as a younger man (26), I need to decide on the trade off of taking the currently known solution now, or risk losing the rest of my 20s and early 30s for a treatment that may or may not exist when Im older. To me the answer is clear. Im going with the option that works now. I would rather have fun in my 20s again and my 30s and the expense of an organic cure that may be available in the future.

Im speaking with Eid in a week and a half. I have a whole host of questions I am going to ask him that are relevant to all of us, esepcailly the young crowd. I will let you know what they are and his responses to them.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Mon May 08, 2017 8:30 pm

^ I agree with you. My only concern as I mentioned earlier is the amount of revisions. That guy had 8 operations in 20 years. Will he have 20 operations in 40-50 years? The chance of something going severely wrong in 20 operations is not marginal, it is probably to be expected.

But if you have lost all sense of functioning, then it's a no brainer. I can still get erect, it's just that I have lost size (girth/length) and my penis points to the left.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon May 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Inflatable 3 piece implants have been around since 1983. There have been significant improvements in the design, usability and, very important to this thread, service life.

Currently, 15 years might be expected where 15 years ago, 5 years was more common.

That's good news, right?
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Tue May 09, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”