Revision Recommendations?!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Samsdad

Re: Revision Recommendations?!

Postby Samsdad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:00 pm

DonBecker54 wrote:I've been going through the same sorts of things as you, and have decided to have a new implant installed.

There's other doctors besides Eid and Kramer. I already used "another doctor" who seemed to be well-regarded, and it turned out to be one of the worst mistakes of my life.

I really can't afford be away five days to go to NYC, but I'm going to do it. I'm not taking a chance on anyone but the best. If for some reason Eid couldn't do it, I'd contact Kramer.

I don't want to go through this a third time.

Thank you for your heartfelt reply, sir. Ironically, My first IPP surgery last year was a decision between Milam, and the west coast doctor who had operated on me previously and offered me a 'deal'. What a mistake! I lost 2 inches of erect/inflated length also, and am a bit of a functional and aesthetic 'mess'. I only want to go through this one more time, so I have to get this decision right. Fortunately, it sounds like Eid and Kramer are both good choices. Best wishes to you as well, and I will say a prayer for your successful outcome.

treifsnyder

Postby treifsnyder » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:05 pm

The names Kramer and Eid will always come up at the 2 best, in terms of quality of work and personality. Tons of independent sources have verified this. I might give that slight edge to Dr. Kramer, he seems to be the master of the revision universe, not to take one iota of credibility from Eid. Just that so many guys are going to Kramer for revisions, and I"m seeing before/afters here on Franktalk and it's all legit.

Boulder

Postby Boulder » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Then there's Rafael Carrion, professor of sexual medicine at USF in Tampa. Second generation implanter. He flies under the radar with no fancy website or clothes, he sees you in scrubs. Carrion does over 300 implants a year and over half are revisions that the big named guys for one reason or another could not get right. Do your research, ask questions, and go with the surgeon you feel most comfortable with. Just remember, nobody is perfect and nobody bats 1,000.

Good luck!

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:12 pm

I contacted Morey last summer and got bad vibes, then had a person contact me their implant did not turn out well and he had to have Dr. Eid redo it. Both Eid and Kramer had the same impression of my first botched implant. I had no real choice between the two except Kramer was the first who could accept my insurance. Both seem to have great respect for each other. Both responded nicely to contact with them. Kramer did not charge me for consult over the internet. I have to say the entire revision at Baltimore, trip included was a very pleasant experience. Both have a VERY reasonable cash price compared to my first implant. Almost 1/3rd the cost. Good luck sir.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Samsdad

Postby Samsdad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:14 am

treifsnyder wrote:The names Kramer and Eid will always come up at the 2 best, in terms of quality of work and personality. Tons of independent sources have verified this. I might give that slight edge to Dr. Kramer, he seems to be the master of the revision universe, not to take one iota of credibility from Eid. Just that so many guys are going to Kramer for revisions, and I"m seeing before/afters here on Franktalk and it's all legit.

Thank you for your reply. Although I have not made a final decision, I am leaning towards Dr Kramer.

Samsdad

Postby Samsdad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:16 am

Boulder wrote:Then there's Rafael Carrion, professor of sexual medicine at USF in Tampa. Second generation implanter. He flies under the radar with no fancy website or clothes, he sees you in scrubs. Carrion does over 300 implants a year and over half are revisions that the big named guys for one reason or another could not get right. Do your research, ask questions, and go with the surgeon you feel most comfortable with. Just remember, nobody is perfect and nobody bats 1,000.

Good luck!

Thank you for your thoughts, and informative perspective on Dr Carrion, Boulder.

Samsdad

Postby Samsdad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:35 am

alibaba wrote:I contacted Morey last summer and got bad vibes, then had a person contact me their implant did not turn out well and he had to have Dr. Eid redo it. Both Eid and Kramer had the same impression of my first botched implant. I had no real choice between the two except Kramer was the first who could accept my insurance. Both seem to have great respect for each other. Both responded nicely to contact with them. Kramer did not charge me for consult over the internet. I have to say the entire revision at Baltimore, trip included was a very pleasant experience. Both have a VERY reasonable cash price compared to my first implant. Almost 1/3rd the cost. Good luck sir.

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback, Alibaba. I certainly hope that my new insurance (Blue Cross) will help me with the considerable costs associated with IPP revision surgery. Traveling to Baltimore also seems a little less daunting than dealing with Manhattan around a surgical experience...but the ultimate criteria for my decision is identifying and selecting the best possible doctor. Eid and Kramer both seem to meet or exceed that requirement. Of interest to me is the fact that Dr Eid's website offers a more detailed overview of his surgical technique, so I am anxious to consult with both men in order to confirm my ultimate decision. In particular, Dr Eid states that 1) his technique involves locating the pump bulb discreetly behind the testicles, which would address a major complication of my first IPP surgery, and 2) Dr Eid appears opposed to the concept of 'tip extenders', which he seems to believe create a potential post-operative complication, which outweighs the potential benefits of same. I appreciate your feedback, and will keep you posted as my decision unfolds and culminates. Have a blessed day and week!

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Both are world class surgeons, but Kramer is a known entity- the world's biggest high volume revision surgeon without a doubt. But obviously both great. Kramer's hands are just God given smooth and slick. Eid seems extremely meticulous and thoughtful, plodding and methodical. Kramer is just flat out slick.

Samsdad

Postby Samsdad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:24 pm

stringerbell wrote:Both are world class surgeons, but Kramer is a known entity- the world's biggest high volume revision surgeon without a doubt. But obviously both great. Kramer's hands are just God given smooth and slick. Eid seems extremely meticulous and thoughtful, plodding and methodical. Kramer is just flat out slick.

Thank you for your positive feedback! Have you had surgery with either Eid or Kramer?!

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Cost less in Baltimore
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Return to “Implants”