What has happened to FT Implants?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Anonymous 3

What has happened to FT Implants?

Postby Anonymous 3 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:42 pm

It has been a while since my last post, but I have been following along occasionally and am dismayed to see how things have devolved in the past month or so. I joined when I was seriously considering an implant and looking for some answers and maybe some support and I found it. Now, I find dissension, anger, a little name calling and general dissatisfaction. Camps have formed around surgeon's reputations and the spears are being thrown. To be honest, if I were looking to get an implant now, I might turn away from FT as a source of info and support.

I have found that forums such as this have a life cycle and this one seems to be following a familiar pattern. The longer the forum is in operation the less there is to talk about. All the questions have been answered hundreds of times over (do a search on any topic such as "My AMS pump bulb is as hard as a rock" or "I can't find the deflate button"), and the same advice, no less valid mind you, has been given countless number of times ("It will get better"). A good search in the archives will give a newbie any advice on virtually any implant topic they could possible think of. The result (and I have seen it many times) is what is happening here. The discussions becomes arguments and the comments become personal and finally there are only a handful of folks who post anything anymore.

Perhaps it is time for the moderator to step in do some moderating. Just my two cents worth.

dg_moore

Re: What has happened to FT Implants?

Postby dg_moore » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:24 pm

In the absence of lots of new folks, we wind up preaching (or bitching) to the choir. As you point out, this seems to be a natural, if unfortunate, progression.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Genome

Postby Genome » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:42 pm

It has been said...."Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God." I would like to be a part of the solution.
Last edited by Genome on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

merrix

Postby merrix » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:20 pm

I think you are spot on Watsup.
I got on here from the beginning to get information. And did. Realizing now however that a lot of the info I got from some people was really biased and not up to the objective standards I have on this type of issues.
Anyway, I created 'My Journal' for two reasons: To 'pay back' to FT. To put out there the sort of detailed, fact-based info I would have liked to read. And to get comments and feedback from others during the process.
I think both missions are accomplished. I think I have contributed more than almost anyone in terms of sharing my story.

Now this place really only gives me more negative energy than positive. Don't really know why I am still around. Or why anyone is still around.
Looking at it from a critical point of view, we're some old (formerly) impotent poor bastards having nothing better to do than quibbling with each others on who is the best doc, which is the best brand etc. Pathetic. The point should be spreading knowledge, sharing experience. Which I think I do in 'My Journal'.
But many discussions are rubbish.

Hopefully this is goodbye from me for a while.
Last edited by merrix on Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:39 am

I disagree as when the time came I learned about implants I took the time to read the good and bad. Yes there is bitching here but you have to look at who did the procedure and most of the time it is a doctor without a ton of experience. I just read about Perito (spelling) in Miami directing a patient to a doctor in IL to redo this mans surgery as he was not happy with what happened. Not a fan of the Miami doctor from reading about him and some of the problems his clients encounter.

It took me about a year or more to read, study and finally decide who I trusted and what other members here had to say. I think I made the right decision and I am only four months out, works great regaining girth and length doing what I was told. If one selects a doctor who does not have a lot of experience, things can go wrong as we have all seen. Maybe I am one of the few where things have gone right from start to finish. Not sure but one thing I do know, is if FrankTalk was not here, I would have never found Dr. Kramer. Readers should thank Merrix for writing His "My Journel"as I did "My Journey" as there area so many members writing and helping. His writing helped me and I hope mine will join his and help others. There so many entries here that help and take the time to search them out as every little bit of information will assist you in deciding where to go. Discard the nonsense and we members are always here to answer your questions if we can.

Good luck to all members and just ask any of us as we will try to answer all questions.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:46 am

I do not noticed one way or the other if the discussion group has been morphing into a place where people spend most of their time squabbling. Anytime I notice this sort of discussion starting I just skip it and move on to the next one. What I am saying is I do not provide an audience. That type of behavior I find to be juvenile and at best very boring.

Frank Talk is how l found my implant surgeon. He was not one of what I guess we could call the big 3 (Kramer, Eid & Perito). However, he does in excess of a 120 implants per year and I have since found out he has authored a lot of papers about the subject. One of them he co-authored with Dr Kramer and others.

I could not ask for a better outcome. I recovered 100% of my Pre-ED size.

It would be a real shame if the extraordinary amount of benefit this discussion group provides was lost within the chaos of childish behavior by a relatively few number of people.

I don't know who your are, because like I said at the beginning, I just don't bother reading those types of discussions.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

Genome

Postby Genome » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:13 am

Six plus years ago I was at the end of my rope. My venous leak had progressed to the point that nothing worked anymore. After spending a few months at this site, talking with good men, asking questions, reading about experiences....I finally was able to opt for implantation. Back then there were few personal journals and none with long term documentation with many pictures and commentary.

Out of my gratitude to this unique and wonderful site, I agreed to Paul's request that I make a long term journal of my implant experience. It has been almost six years now. My intention was to continue my 6-month updates until my unit fails or is replaced or I die. Since that time many other good men have come forward and have been willing to do long-term documentation, too. I know how much I have been helped by others. I sincerely hope we never lose this valuable resource of access to men with real implant experience.

Thank you Paul for starting this site. And thank you Corvetteman for your help too.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:20 am

New people will come, gather information, get encouragement and/or sympathy, hear us say 'be patient' and, those with no problems eventually move on. Those with poorer results will continue to contribute as well as search for answers to their problems. The biggest "complainer" here is also the man with the biggest problem. Whether or not his complaints seem to go overboard, he, like me three years ago, is trying to find answers to his dilemma. While doing so, he is sharing a lot of (new) info to the lot of us.

This forum was of immense help to me during my 'oh shit, what have I done to my dick' phase of recovery and even more as I realized the need for and sought out a revision.

Great forum... And Good luck to all....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Implants”