My Implant Journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Genome

Re: My Implant Journey

Postby Genome » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Well...there is definitely one advantage to this stiff flaccid. At the urinal I cam pee hands free and use both hands for texting. Spike is self-aiming...like a Patriot missile . Hahahahahaha. You sometimes gotta laugh so you wont cry. LOL

By the way, I am NOT peeing in the picture. That is a play of shadow and light on the wrinkles of my jeans. I am standing in a hall.

Last edited by Genome on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Genome wrote:Alibaba....I dont think he ever refused to talk with me.

What did he tell you when he did talk to you then?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Genome

Postby Genome » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:20 pm

At first he said he did not mis-measure. That the team measured twice. But after he played around with the limp un-implanted end, he acknowledged that "it might not be adequately sized." Suggested I wait before redoing the implant....that the Titan would grow some with use. Wait and see...then decide. I like him on a personal level and think he is a good AMS implanter. But his nurse told me he infrequently implants Titans. I called Coloplast and the arranged for another physician to call me. I chatted with him. But I am just not ready for another surgery. I have had 7-8 surgeries and do not want more. At 70 I see things differently than when I was younger.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:40 pm

I understand. I had 10 surgeries in 09 then more the following year and I was 20 years younger than you at the time. Gets old after a while but staying alive is convenient to an extent.
I have an AMS and don't think he is a great AMS implanter either. Every doctor who has looked at is has said they would not have put it in this way.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:15 pm

Dr. Milam implanted my Titan in June 2014. He told me as well that I may lose length. I was 6.5”in length many years ago and am now 6” two years after the implant surgery, I attribute the length loss of ½ ” to venous leakage that does not allow expansion of my glans near as much as I had before prostatechomy. I believe I gained some girth - I am 6” at base. I made up a list of 26 questions before I initially saw Dr Milam. All my questions were answered before I decided on surgery. I found him to be attentive – I mentioned that I had at times a weak stream. He was concerned about stenosis due to the prostatechomy and suggested a cystoscopy before scheduling surgery to make sure there would no issue inserting a catheter. That was performed and he was satisfied there would be no catheter issue. I did not find him to be non-communicative. In fact, I found him to be just the opposite.

Regards,
Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

Genome

Postby Genome » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Bill...I think he is a good man, dedicated, skilled, professional, personable....but for some reason...I was mis-sized and it has destroyed my ability to have a normal sex life. I could have a revision. If this implant plays out I will. Otherwise, no way.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:14 pm

BillinAL wrote:Dr. Milam implanted my Titan in June 2014. He told me as well that I may lose length. I was 6.5”in length many years ago and am now 6” two years after the implant surgery, I attribute the length loss of ½ ” to venous leakage that does not allow expansion of my glans near as much as I had before prostatechomy. I believe I gained some girth - I am 6” at base. I made up a list of 26 questions before I initially saw Dr Milam. All my questions were answered before I decided on surgery. I found him to be attentive – I mentioned that I had at times a weak stream. He was concerned about stenosis due to the prostatechomy and suggested a cystoscopy before scheduling surgery to make sure there would no issue inserting a catheter. That was performed and he was satisfied there would be no catheter issue. I did not find him to be non-communicative. In fact, I found him to be just the opposite.

Regards,
Bill

I also went in with a list of questions. I am not happy but glad some are.
Last edited by alibaba on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:11 pm

I did not see Dr Milam the morning before the surgery. He did come out to the waiting area after the surgery and told my wife that it went well.

Alibaba, I am sorry that you have had a bad time of it.

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:29 am

BillinAL wrote:I did not see Dr Milam the morning before the surgery. He did come out to the waiting area after the surgery and told my wife that it went well.

Alibaba, I am sorry that you have had a bad time of it.

Bill

Thank you.
Last edited by alibaba on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinktank

Postby thinktank » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Genome: In picking your brain now that you have several years of living with an undersized implant, have you formulated an opinion on what should have been done on your anatomy to alleviate your discrepancies?

I am not asking for a dissertation on what your surgeon should have done, I am simply asking you what in your analytical and informed opinion, should have been done to resolve the situation you have in sexual intercouse with your wife. We guys can improvise things E D and solutions to E D throw at us better, I would think, in solo play with our penises, but sex with our wives with a deficient penis is another world of penis use and penis play that cuts us to our core as men.

Thanks for your sage input as the surgical mistakes you see on this site really would make you think long and hard (no pun intended here) on who you select as a surgeon.

Return to “Implants”