New guy. Considering an Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Re: New guy. Considering an Implant

Postby merrix » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:07 am

http://www.garber-online.com/pdf/garber ... w_2008.pdf

Garber's opinion is basically that unless you're a fat bastard who had hernia repair - the scrotal approach is superior.
But that's only Garber of course.
He may be out in the dark.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:43 pm

ED2013 wrote:Karpman, Kramer, Garber, Eid, Perito. These are probably the only surgeons I would ever consider for implant surgery.

Put these doctors in "abc" order --- Eid is # 1

Rod
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Another opinion and I would select Dr. Kramer. Watch video, learn and another doctor who utilized Dr. Kramer made a very important statement. He said to "watch his hands" in reference to his skill. When another surgeon states something like that it says it all.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:34 pm

I used their find a doc many times. Interestingly, they list no doctors in our area sometimes, other times only list doctors no-one has heard of and the last time I looked, listed near every single urologist in the yellow pages state wide. At one point I called some and was told Dr. ____ does not do implants. When I call AMS they always give the name of a doctor in Nashville TN as their closest though St. Louis, Kansas City, Louisville KY, and other such places should have a doc and be closer.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Somewhere here is a mention of a Female doctors who works in St Louis and the person was very pleased with implant and suggested her. Try to search this site and good luck.

Found her, http://www.centerforsexualhealthstl.com ... fault.aspx

Do a search for Dr. Cathy K Naughton and info pops up
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun May 01, 2016 1:05 pm

dirtman1993 wrote:Somewhere here is a mention of a Female doctors who works in St Louis and the person was very pleased with implant and suggested her. Try to search this site and good luck.

Found her, http://www.centerforsexualhealthstl.com ... fault.aspx

Do a search for Dr. Cathy K Naughton and info pops up

I had a phone call from her in 2014. Seems her office made an appointment for me with a Dr. Sedecky ( sp?) who does not do surgery instead of her. She told me to call her in about 8 months. Got nowhere. I know several people in St. louis who were screwed up and had to go out of state for repairs. Never learned who screwed them up. Urologists in St. Louis are fighting among each other like children. I've seen 15 of them there. One even told me to sue another who works in the same practice. They have issues that need resolved.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun May 01, 2016 11:42 pm

I'd be glad to go to Kramer if he took my insurance.

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon May 02, 2016 12:08 am

MarloStanfield1940 wrote:Went to Dr. Kramer since he is both the academic/teaching urologist who isn't in it for financial incentives, AND he's one of the highest volume in the world. Couldn't be happier.

He's not in it for financial incentives?
Oh. Great guy doing voluntary unpaid surgical work.
And rejecting the money ('marketing support') from AMS and Coloplast as well.
Poor bastard. Hope he has another job so that he can buy his milk and cookies.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

treifsnyder

Postby treifsnyder » Mon May 02, 2016 6:17 pm

I saw it, Dr. Andrew Kramer does indeed sport an A+ grade, I'll try to send a link, someone in california has a spreadsheet.

P-fracture

Postby P-fracture » Mon May 02, 2016 10:03 pm

I had a penile fracture at the age of 19 and suffered with soft erections most of my young life. I sought help early in my life, but I was told by doctors that I was too young to have problems, that it was in my head. Relationships had repeats of cheating, so much so that I lost my faith in women. I saw them as vain and very hypocritical. After my present wife had a near-miss with an affair in 2010, I sought help and, fortunately with her support, I have been able to get the attention of the doctors... its helps when a women tells a doctor "it’s not an anxiety problem". I tried exercises, checked testosterone levels (they were fine), tried oral medications, penile suppositories, and finally injections. Various side effects and inconsistent results led me to finally decide on an implant.

In September of 2014, I had an AMS 700 CX implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer. His student doctor measured me as 14cm in length with a stretched, flaccid penis prior to surgery. Dr. Kramer implanted a 21cm device with 1cm rear tips. The procedure was uneventful, no infection, no issues. My penis was fairly numb (nerve loss) that took about 10 months to recover. I had 10 cm erection length in October 2014 after I was "activated" following the procedure. Through a daily cycling of the device for about 12 months, it eventually elongated to 12 cm.

Then in February 2016, the pump collapsed after about 10 pumps and the device was not fully erect. Kaiser (my regular medical provider) performed a CT scan in late March 2016. At an appointment with my regular urologist, who reviewed the CT scan, he said the reservoir was out of fluid and speculated it had leaked, or was slowly leaking. As such, he said it would likely require a full replacement, revision surgery. He recommended that I see Dr. Kramer for a second opinion. The Kaiser urologist also recommended that I have a high-volume surgeon do the revision, such as Dr. Kramer.

My only complaint on the result with Kramer is the length, and subsequently on AMS for the premature failure. I understand that you may not get every bit of length you had before due to scarring, but I lost a full 4 cm. I did manage to get 2 cm back, but I’m wondering if the elongation led to the leak. When it worked, I had noticed that my device was “fully pumped” for about the first 5 minutes, then I could pump it couple more times to get more length. Similarly, I wonder if smooth muscle tissue requires a bit more patience during surgery to correctly size a device. If there is anyone from AMS lurking here, contact me. I would love to get involved with research to help fellow men have a more satisfying result.

Also, another thing to consider beyond the selection of a doctor… Since I am federal government employee, the device and procedure ARE NOT covered by federal health insurance. It would be covered if I was a congressman or senator. (I wonder if its covered by Obama care.)
40s, Maryland, penile fracture, AMS 700 CX in Sep 2014, device failed; Coloplast Titan in Jun 2016, both with Dr. Kramer

Return to “Implants”