Syringe storage- room temperature?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
ivanjordanfred

Syringe storage- room temperature?

Postby ivanjordanfred » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:52 pm

Hello, got my first Trimix dose yesterday so now starts the execution
I have a question on storing the syringe at room temperature. My vial is freezed i plan to thaw the vial for each use and fill the syringe as needed. Now since I need to use this with my FBW, whom I can only meet during work hours- can I keep the preloaded syringe with me during that time (say 6 hours at room temperature?
Say the syringe is loaded at 7 am , will it still be good at 1pm? I can refrigerate it for a bit in my work fridge but not sure how much temperature fluctuations I should allow it to go through.
Follow up- what’s the best way to carry the syringe then? Dollar tree toothbrush box? Getting excited to finally have my life back post this little last hurdle.
Thanks,

Old Guy

Re: Syringe storage- room temperature?

Postby Old Guy » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:04 pm

You shouldn't keep freezing and thawing Trimix. That may cause it to lose some potency.
Fill needles, put them in a box in the freezer. To carry them around use a diabetic (insulin) carry case. Most have a couple of small ice bags in a small, insulated zipper case.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Pumpkinman

Postby Pumpkinman » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:06 pm

ivanjordanfred wrote:Hello, got my first Trimix dose yesterday so now starts the execution
I have a question on storing the syringe at room temperature. My vial is freezed i plan to thaw the vial for each use and fill the syringe as needed. Now since I need to use this with my FBW, whom I can only meet during work hours- can I keep the preloaded syringe with me during that time (say 6 hours at room temperature?
Say the syringe is loaded at 7 am , will it still be good at 1pm? I can refrigerate it for a bit in my work fridge but not sure how much temperature fluctuations I should allow it to go through.
Follow up- what’s the best way to carry the syringe then? Dollar tree toothbrush box? Getting excited to finally have my life back post this little last hurdle.
Thanks,

It's really not gonna lose much of its potency at room temp for a few hours. But id suggest if you cant get a insulin cooler go to the store and get a little lunch cooler and a few ice packs. And you could keep it in your car even.

ivanjordanfred

Postby ivanjordanfred » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:35 pm

It's really not gonna lose much of its potency at room temp for a few hours. But id suggest if you cant get a insulin cooler go to the store and get a little lunch cooler and a few ice packs. And you could keep it in your car even.[/quote]

Thanks both; it looks like the insulin case is the way to go ! I would have preferred something discreet but it is what it is! Any recommendations which to buy since I see several of them online. Preference is something small so can carry out of the house.
Thanks

Pumpkinman

Postby Pumpkinman » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:37 pm

ivanjordanfred wrote:It's really not gonna lose much of its potency at room temp for a few hours. But id suggest if you cant get a insulin cooler go to the store and get a little lunch cooler and a few ice packs. And you could keep it in your car even.

Thanks both; it looks like the insulin case is the way to go ! I would have preferred something discreet but it is what it is! Any recommendations which to buy since I see several of them online. Preference is something small so can carry out of the house.
Thanks[/quote]

https://www.frioinsulincoolingcase.com/ ... /frio-duo/

These work really well and can fit anywhere. You can get them on Amazon as well.

Return to “Injections”