My Journal...40 yrs old...surgery by Dr. Eid - 03 Feb 2023

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JetsFan1594

Re: My Journal...40 yrs old...surgery by Dr. Eid - 03 Feb 2023

Postby JetsFan1594 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:57 pm

Hey man, just had surgery with Eid on Friday. Recovery has been smooth sailing. Eid’s team is saavy with insurance as discussed above. Let me know if you have any questions.
28M, inadequate partial erections as far back as I can remember due to VL. Completely unresponsive to pills, disappointing response to Trimix. Stretch test 19cm. Implanted 1/6/23 24cm Coloplast Titan (Classic Model) by Dr Eid with .5cm RTE on left side

atul21

Postby atul21 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:34 am

JetsFan1594 wrote:Hey man, just had surgery with Eid on Friday. Recovery has been smooth sailing. Eid’s team is saavy with insurance as discussed above. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks bro! I have been reading your posts and am glad it has all been good for you so far. I am hoping for a similar outcome and a good post implant life. Do keep us posted with your progress!
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

AtxGuy

Postby AtxGuy » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:11 am

I just had my surgery done in December and it was covered by Anthem BCBS (albeit in Texas, not California). My surgeon’s office said they had no difficulty getting it through.
54 years old, ED since early 20s. Natural 5.4”L, 4.75”G. VED 2 months prepping. Implanted 12/27/22 by Dr Kansas in Austin. AMS LGX 18cm+3cmRTE infrapubic

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:26 am

AtxGuy wrote:I just had my surgery done in December and it was covered by Anthem BCBS (albeit in Texas, not California). My surgeon’s office said they had no difficulty getting it through.

That’s great to hear. I’m 54 as well and have BCBS Fed Employee System and really hope I can get it covered when the time comes. I’m just about there. No way I’ll make it to 65 and REALLY don’t want to pay out of pocket. Been dealing with ED for 14 years.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:34 pm

I had my pre-op visit today before my surgery which is scheduled for 03-Feb-2023. Below is what happened-

- I was told my insurance is still to confirm approval and that the office of Dr. Eid will follow up on that.
- After doing co-pay I was called by Myra who is Dr. Eid’s assistant and is a very nice and sweet lady.
- She measured my vitals - BP
- I was supposed to undergo cystoscopy as part if preop but I was told that since I am 40 yrs old and young, it is not needed. But a bladder check scan was done and results noted.
- They measured my weight without clothes on. This is needed for precise calculation of anaesthesia.
- Then I was explained in detail what all needs to be done before and after the surgery. I was told to wash near the penile area with hibiclens soap twice a day for 3 days prior.
- Was told not to shave at all and that Dr. Eid will do that himself
- Was prescribed medication to be taken after the surgery. It includes antibiotics, stool softener, Ibuprofen and a strong painkiller.
- Was explained the process to remove the catheter on own after 2 days of surgery.
- I was told that on Day 3 I need to start the hot baths and the first thing I need to do is to try deflating the implant. Dr. Eid will leave the implant little inflated so that this can be learnt on day 3. Bath time should be about 40 mins twice a day.
- After deflation I was advised to inflate the implant as much as I can and start cycling. This is from day 3 onwards. Was told that it will be little painful and a hot bath will help ease the pain. The target is to keep it inflated for 15 mins in one cycle. Also, to do this 2 times in a day.
- A visit to remove the sutures will be needed.

All these instructions are also provided in hard copy for one to read again. They also share the mobile number of Dr. Eid if one needs to reach him.

I met Dr. Eid briefly as he wanted to discuss again the 2 kinds of pumps which are available with coloplast. He explained to me the pros and cons of both the classic and one touch. I told him that I am leaving the choice of pump to him as he is the best judge. He told me that we will use the classic pump for my surgery. He even added that if his own brother was to seek his advise on the pump he would advise him the classic. The con of classic pump which he told me was that it makes a bit more noise than the one-touch. This was honestly not a big issue for me as I want something which is known for its reliability and longer life.

Post this I was handed over a plastic model of the classic pump which I was advised to familiarise myself with.

Will post more updates as and when they happen.
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Franklin_F

Postby Franklin_F » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:36 am

Thank you for sharing. I scheduled my surgery with Dr. Eid in mid March. Will follow your journey closely. One quick question: does Dr. Eid recommend pre-op pumping? I meant to ask him but my appoint with him got rescheduled last week.
31 yrs old. ED from since puberty due to venous leak. Pills worked for 7-8 years and then stopped. Skipped injections, got implanted on 3.11.2023 with Titan Genesis pump 20cm+1.5cm RTEs by Dr. Levine.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:59 pm

Franklin_F wrote:Thank you for sharing. I scheduled my surgery with Dr. Eid in mid March. Will follow your journey closely. One quick question: does Dr. Eid recommend pre-op pumping? I meant to ask him but my appoint with him got rescheduled last week.

Hello. He made no such recommendations to me. Having said that I do get erections but am not able to sustain for penetrative sex. So it is possible that he did not consider me as a candidate.

One thing which I learnt new (I haven’t read so far yet from his patients) is that he now leaves his patients partly inflated during discharge. This is so that the patient first tries to learn how to deflate the implant on day 3. Only after the patient knows how to deflate, he asks them to inflate and start cycling. This is different from all posts I have read till now which says that he leaves you deflated.

Good luck with your journey too. I shall try to keep posting my progress regularly.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

pepesilvia

Postby pepesilvia » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:10 pm

atul21 wrote:I had my pre-op visit today before my surgery which is scheduled for 03-Feb-2023. Below is what happened-

- I was told my insurance is still to confirm approval and that the office of Dr. Eid will follow up on that.
- After doing co-pay I was called by Myra who is Dr. Eid’s assistant and is a very nice and sweet lady.
- She measured my vitals - BP
- I was supposed to undergo cystoscopy as part if preop but I was told that since I am 40 yrs old and young, it is not needed. But a bladder check scan was done and results noted.
- They measured my weight without clothes on. This is needed for precise calculation of anaesthesia.
- Then I was explained in detail what all needs to be done before and after the surgery. I was told to wash near the penile area with hibiclens soap twice a day for 3 days prior.
- Was told not to shave at all and that Dr. Eid will do that himself
- Was prescribed medication to be taken after the surgery. It includes antibiotics, stool softener, Ibuprofen and a strong painkiller.
- Was explained the process to remove the catheter on own after 2 days of surgery.
- I was told that on Day 3 I need to start the hot baths and the first thing I need to do is to try deflating the implant. Dr. Eid will leave the implant little inflated so that this can be learnt on day 3. Bath time should be about 40 mins twice a day.
- After deflation I was advised to inflate the implant as much as I can and start cycling. This is from day 3 onwards. Was told that it will be little painful and a hot bath will help ease the pain. The target is to keep it inflated for 15 mins in one cycle. Also, to do this 2 times in a day.
- A visit to remove the sutures will be needed.

All these instructions are also provided in hard copy for one to read again. They also share the mobile number of Dr. Eid if one needs to reach him.

I met Dr. Eid briefly as he wanted to discuss again the 2 kinds of pumps which are available with coloplast. He explained to me the pros and cons of both the classic and one touch. I told him that I am leaving the choice of pump to him as he is the best judge. He told me that we will use the classic pump for my surgery. He even added that if his own brother was to seek his advise on the pump he would advise him the classic. The con of classic pump which he told me was that it makes a bit more noise than the one-touch. This was honestly not a big issue for me as I want something which is known for its reliability and longer life.

Post this I was handed over a plastic model of the classic pump which I was advised to familiarise myself with.

Will post more updates as and when they happen.

Hey atul21!!

I wonder if we passed each other in the waiting room on Monday, I was in getting activated for the first time that morning following surgery from the Friday prior! Hopefully the Drs cough is doing better!

Your experience so far is identical to mine just the week before, and I want to say the entire experience from surgery to post op and to now has been incredible! The anticipation of surgery was far and away the worst part, Dr Eid and his team are world leaders at what they do so you can be confident you’re in the right place!

If ya need anything at all I’m happy to help, I was literally you just one week ago!
35 y/o west coast USA
ED for 9 years due to spinal injury
Implanted 1/20/23 with Dr Eid
Activation on day 3

atul21

Postby atul21 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:11 pm

pepesilvia wrote:Hey atul21!!

I wonder if we passed each other in the waiting room on Monday, I was in getting activated for the first time that morning following surgery from the Friday prior! Hopefully the Drs cough is doing better!

Your experience so far is identical to mine just the week before, and I want to say the entire experience from surgery to post op and to now has been incredible! The anticipation of surgery was far and away the worst part, Dr Eid and his team are world leaders at what they do so you can be confident you’re in the right place!

If ya need anything at all I’m happy to help, I was literally you just one week ago!

Hey! That is great news. Perhaps you were in another examination room when I was there. Myra took care of me that day.
I was just wondering, were you not able to activate by self on Day 3? Cos I have not been told to come see Dr. Eid after one week. I was told I will see him in 2 weeks to get the stitches removed.
I am glad things worked out well for you. I just hope I have the same experience. From what I understand, the first 3-4 days will be very rough.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

pepesilvia

Postby pepesilvia » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:31 pm

atul21 wrote:
pepesilvia wrote:Hey atul21!!

Hey! That is great news. Perhaps you were in another examination room when I was there. Myra took care of me that day.
I was just wondering, were you not able to activate by self on Day 3? Cos I have not been told to come see Dr. Eid after one week. I was told I will see him in 2 weeks to get the stitches removed.
I am glad things worked out well for you. I just hope I have the same experience. From what I understand, the first 3-4 days will be very rough.

So they showed me how to inflate, and then they had me deflate myself to make sure I knew how, all on day 3. Then once I flew home that evening I inflated and deflated on my own. You’re in amazing hands with Dr Eid, I thought it was going to be much worse than it was. The worst part was the anxiety before surgery. You're going to be just fine!
35 y/o west coast USA
ED for 9 years due to spinal injury
Implanted 1/20/23 with Dr Eid
Activation on day 3

Return to “Implants”