Kbota is Bionic!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Cajun Jeff

Kbota is Bionic!

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Just got a text from his wife. She had just seen the Dr. All went well and the should be headed home this afternoon. Will let you know more as I get news.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

antelope

Re: Kbota is Bionic!

Postby antelope » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Jeff,

Thanks so much for keeping us posted. I look forward to more good reports. Looks like Louisiana is going bionic. Guess I'll have to start saving my pennies!

Later,

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Guys: Kbota just called me from his cell phone. He is on his way home. :shock: He wanted all of you to know how much he appreciated all the support you guys have given him in the approach of his surgery. He did make the comment that he hurts like the dickins but said he will be fine as soon as he gets home to take some pain meds.

Again thanks to all of you for the support of Kbota. He will sign in when he can. :ugeek:

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Congratulations on your sucessful surgery. I just finshed my pre op check up. Soooo looks like my date is getting near. I hope your recovery goes by ,as Jeff said, like the dickens. heh heh. He is a fun guy! Ok there were a couple of LA guys besides you and I getting the updated parts, you heard of the ole pissing contest, we need to get some beer, tell stories and have a pumping contest. Not sure how to pick the winner but if we drink enought, then it will be clear.
And Jeff you need to man up and get yours too. I asked the surgeon before my RRP could he put one in during that surgery, i think he thought I was nuts. Looking back that might have been a little much.
Kbota, now don't forget to keep the info coming, post please. I hope your pain is little and your smile is big.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

kbota53

Postby kbota53 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:57 pm

HEY GUYS ! Well, the wife and I made it home last night okay, however it was a long two hour drive, since the hospital pain killer/anesthesia was wearing off about half way. Surgery was originally scheduled for 9am, but I didn't get into the OR until just before noon. (this sorta pissed me off, but whatcha gonna do?)

Anyway, it was funny (sort of) when they had me switch beds in the OR. There were about four ladies (from 25 to about 45) and they were all sooo careful to keep me coverred and protect my modesty. I couldn't help myself, and told them that I knew their little game, cuz as soon as they konked me out, they were all gonna jerk the covers off, and I'd be nekkid as a jaybird. None of them even giggled, but they laughed like kids at the circus.

Anyway, after that, they didn't allow me to be concious long. Woke up in recovery a couple hours later with a seriously aching pecker, but a nice nurse with a syringe of demoral cured that ache. I have one suggestion for anyone about to go through this. Take a tube of chapstick or lip balm with you, and apply liberally just before going into the OR.

Anyway, they spoon fed me a little ice until we were all sure I wasn't going to get nauseous, which I didn't. Soon they gave me the cup of ice, and life started getting better. After I became alert, they wheeled me back to my room, and I began the process of applying pressure to the head nurse to kick me out of there.

Anyway, we left the hospital about 4:30pm, and headed home. Stopped in Natchitoches for a chicken sandwich, and got home right at 7pm. Popped a percocet, and went lights out.

jn1421

Postby jn1421 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Glad to hear things went so well, and thanks for keeping us updated, we want to know everything.

Dave

kbota53

Postby kbota53 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Day 2;

Woke up this morning feeling pretty decent with a mild ache which seemed to switch between my penis and testicles. I found this somewhat curious, but hey hurt is hurt, and I didn't like it. Ate a bowl of cereal and popped another percocet. Moved to the lazyboy in the living area, and flipped on cnbc to check the stock futures, and then went sound asleep....wonder why? lol

Wife made some delicious chicken soup, and after that, I removed all the bandages. Getting all the tape off was the bigger challenge, but we finally got it. Then I stepped into the shower, and cut off the drain tube from the catheter, and pulled that bad boy out. I was a little concerned that I might lose continence for a day or so, but that worry was wasted energy. However, as of 1;15 pm, I haven't had to pee since removing the catheter, but it won't be long.

So, after a little inspection of the family jewels, everything appeared to be okay, except for a little blood seeping from the scrotal incision. Wife helped me bandage that up, vewwy carefuwwy, and life is getting a little better again.

At this point, scrotum has noticeable swelling, but actually less than I expected. So, we taped little k to my stomache, and got dressed. Then I flipped the computer on for a report to the FT gang.

As for the pain level I would say that there were times that it hurt to the point of distraction, but nothing that I couldn't handle. Right now, it just aches,.....sort of like a badly pulled muscle.... But doc said to stay on the percocet for at least 48 hours, and then use my own judgement. He commented that pain was easier to prevent than to reduce after it's gotten bad. So, that's what I'ma doin. so far so good. more later guys.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:37 pm

All righty then, sounds good and glad to hear you are not going mad with pain like a pissed off coon in a cage! My doc said no to leaving a catheter in for the trip home, I will try him again afer the surgery, I have anxiety about leaking all over the place on the car trip to LA from Houston. On my trip from New Orleans to Baton Rouge after RRP about two quarts of liquid had to be deal with, hmmm how many pads is that?
Hope you continue to do well.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:46 pm

I must say buddy your a horse! Pulling your own Cath. MAN! So pleased that it seems to be going so very well.

Cajun Jeff

kbota53

Postby kbota53 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks Ron and Jeff; I appreciate you guys. Jeff, there's nothing to pulling a foley catheter. I had my RP in July, and the cath out on Aug 5, and the cath removal was one of the things I worried about the most. (I had watched a video online showing a guy getting one inserted while he was awake and this poor fellow did a lot of moaning and groaning.) As a result of watching that video, I figured it would be just as painful coming out. I was wrong.

So, when it was time to take that thing out today, my wife helped me get all the bandages off, and then I simply stepped into our shower, and cut the tube. It leaked a few ounces of water, and after a little tugging, it just slipped right out.

Plus, my ace in the hole (pun intended) was the fact that my regular uro doc is just a few minutes from here, and he had already offered to help me if needed, which gave me a little confidence boost...lol

Ron, you'll have no problems...just "Git'er Done"

k

Return to “Implants”