Implant Surgery Dec. 8 Dr. Milam

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
george

Implant Surgery Dec. 8 Dr. Milam

Postby george » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi, I have good news. Dr. Milam will perform surgery for a penile implant on Dec. 8. There was a cancellation so they scheduled me for the surgery. My wife is still in a wheelchair recovering from her last knee revision surgery caused by a staph infection. We were advised to stay in Nashville for one week after the surgery because neither one of us will be able to drive.
We are going to follow this advice, and make it work. My wife said this is my December Birthday present. I haven't had any surgery in over 35 years, but this is very important to me. I know it is going to hurt, but seeing the pain my wife has gone through with her surgeries. Then I know I can do it to.

This website has been a tremendous benefit. I would not have done any of this if it wasn't for the people on this site.

Yahoo!
George

jackpTenn

Re: Implant Surgery Dec. 8 Dr. Milam

Postby jackpTenn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:52 pm

George

There are several near by hotels in Nashville that offer Vanderbilt patients a discount. Many have in room kitchenetts. Free Shuttle Service.

Call Peggy or Phyllis and they can set you up. There also used to be a list on the Vanderbilt web site.

Have a safe trip and Gods Speed.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:02 am

George, That is great news. What a great Christmas Gift. :D I do wish you will and do keep us posted on your recovery.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

franglais

Postby franglais » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:27 pm

x
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

jackpTenn

Postby jackpTenn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Mike

Thanks for the memory jog. We stayed there the night before my surgery and my wife and daughter stayed the night I was in the hospital.

I was not able to take advantage of the breakfast bar :x but my wife and daughter did. :D The shuttle service made it a lot easier to get back and forth to the hospital.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Normal Again

jn1421

Postby jn1421 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:22 am

George,
Excellent news! All of us are happy for you. Keep us posted with all the details and whereabouts; we want to know everything.

Extraordinary Christmas gift!

Dave

george

Postby george » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi, my wife and I are getting ready to drive to Nashville (19 hr. drive) on 12-3-10. We have been going crazy to get ready to leave on a 1 week notice. I was given a pre-op physical by my family Doc. and my BP was up in the clouds, even with medication. My wife's main concern is how am I going to lay still after the surgery for 5 days in Nashville. She is unable to drive, because she is recovering from a knee revision surgery on 11-9-10. It's going to be a learning curve for me to remain quiet that long. Can anybody tell me if you can ever lay on your side while in bed, or do you need to stay on your back with your feet elevated.
I owe everything to this website, and the people who are a part of it. It feels good to do this surgery.

Thanks
George

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 pm

I don't know you George; I'm new to the site. But best wishes for a successful outcome and a speedy recovery. God speed. Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

jackpTenn

Postby jackpTenn » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:20 pm

George

You can lay any way that is comfortable to you but on your belly. :lol: You to not want pressure on your penis at that point.

I would suggest an extra jock strap for support, I wore one when up and it helped with pressure on your scrotum form the new pump. Also good support underware like Jockey Pouch Briefs helps for several weeks.

Have a safe trip. Gods Speed my friend.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Normal Again

sspmattpb

Postby sspmattpb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Hey George!

Congrats on being able to move up your implant date! I am one week post-op and I feel better everyday. As regards to your post on laying in bed, for the first couple of nites my best position was on my back. I am sure you will be told about laying on your belly, but from my experience, that is NOT a good position, atleast for me! I sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs, kinda like "Baby Huey" in the fetal position, and I have been able to be comfortable like that the last 3 nites. Your body will let you know, just take things slow and easy and you should be fine. Good luck, we are HERE for you George. The support of the great guys of this forum lifted me up and got me this far, a good place with nothing but BIGGER things to come! Please feel free to PM me at any time with any questions, I will do my best to help in ANY way!

All the best to you my friend,
Matt
ED onset in 2003
Peyronie's Disease onset in 2005
Venous Leakage diagnosed 2009
Implant Surgery 11.29.2010 @ Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

Return to “Implants”