Implant removal

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
slipnslider

Re: Implant removal

Postby slipnslider » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:59 pm

I was under the impression that once you get an implant, you can never go back.

Even if some better solution to ED comes out in the future, you're stuck with the implant because your natural penis parts have been removed for good.

Is this not accurate?
44, ED problems began around age 28 when I was on finasteride for hair loss, and also got circumcised so I lost a lot of sensation. Pills gave me bad headaches and other side effects. Now using trimix 30/1/20. So far so good.

KenJ1947

Postby KenJ1947 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Boatman678 wrote:I want to run something by the group. I am 6 weeks post surgery. I am having issues inflating. Takes about 7-8 pumps to get me hard. The first or second pump is easy. The third pump might not squeeze at all, no matter how hard I squeeze. The next pump might be easy. So it is intermittently impossible to squeeze, and I have very strong hands. Second issue is that I have urethra discomfort since surgery. Feels like I have to pee most of the time, whether I do or not. I usually do. Wakes me up multiple times at night to pee. Did not have this issue before surgery. The third, I can not orgasm. Not even close. Numb. Was told this will go away. Have heard it could take weeks or many months. My size is smaller. So , this leads me to my main question. Should I have the thing removed ? Just go back to the way I was. At least I could sleep and did not have to per all the time. Going to urologist today to discuss issues. Any advise.

7-8 pumps??? I only wish...I had at least 60 good pump crushing pumps and still wasn't fully inflated...

I don't have the pee problem since I started kegels. It takes me a long time to orgasm, but I do.

I'm no where near my pre-ED length of 8. I'm just at 6 hoping for 7.

Give yourself more time.
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:52 pm

slipnslider wrote:I was under the impression that once you get an implant, you can never go back.

Even if some better solution to ED comes out in the future, you're stuck with the implant because your natural penis parts have been removed for good.

Is this not accurate?

Pretty much accurate.

Some operation procedures ("tissue-sparing") attempt to keep some of the corpus cavernosum, which MIGHT enable a man to retain some of the little erectile function he has before the implant. Not something to count on, but sometimes it works. Never works very much, but even a little is heartening to a man.

So, the erectile parts may or may not be removed or damaged. You can count on their ability to function will be made worse (except in a few, very marginal, cases that have been documented).

Usually, even the most gentle, conservative surgery disrupts the blood inflow and the erectile tissue (corpus cavernosum) 100%, leaving the man 100% impotent (except for the implant making him 100% potent-as long as the implant works).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Tortão

Postby Tortão » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:13 pm

slipnslider wrote:Even if some better solution to ED comes out in the future, you're stuck with the implant because your natural penis parts have been removed for good.

Is this not accurate?

AFAIK, nothing is removed, but damaged.
Your corpus cavernosum gets kind of compressed by the implant when it's inflated, so this leads to some damage to your cavernosum.
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:21 pm

Tortão wrote:
slipnslider wrote:Even if some better solution to ED comes out in the future, you're stuck with the implant because your natural penis parts have been removed for good.

Is this not accurate?

AFAIK, nothing is removed, but damaged.
Your corpus cavernosum gets kind of compressed by the implant when it's inflated, so this leads to some damage to your cavernosum.
Tortao, I agree. My surgeon says he has had guys get slight natural erections after implant. Nothing is removed. Just shoved to the side.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Boatman678, Lurking around I see you got here because of venous leaks. You are going to be stiff because of the implant BUT your glans and penis will probably not fill out either like it did with tri-mix. Don't get dishartned, it is better than nothing. AS for pump operation, the implant maker has techs that can help you with that. Give them a call. I have been up and down but dam sure not taking it out. I didn't get ED till I was 75.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “General Discussion”