Cabergoline for ED?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
subhash

Cabergoline for ED?

Postby subhash » Thu May 27, 2021 6:27 am

hii have sufffered from ED since 25 yrs--had to take higher and higher doses of sikdenafil plus tadalafil but kept experiencing dimishing returns.
Bloodwork showed vit d as low and prolactin as high. So self medicated with vit d fir 8 weeks and cabergoline 0.25 twice a week since the last 6 wks.
for the first time in years, Iam expereincing some sensation in my penis, some degree of rigidity howver feeble and i can masturbate after yrs without lying on my stomach .
there is some im provment -perhaps not enough for penetration.
could someone pl guide me --i was scheduled to have a penile implant as a last resort. --but this progress is definitely something i shd be working on.
Comments and tips, brothers?
Implanted AMS 700 LGX 15 + 4 RTE penoscrotal incision, 65 cc reservoir ;

rjdoan

Re: Cabergoline for ED?

Postby rjdoan » Thu May 27, 2021 10:30 am

I used cabergoline 2x per week for many years and while it improved things marginally, it did not reverse or treat the ED. I finally quit taking it a few years ago and noticed no change. I received my implant in Feb after years of pills and then injections. I love my implant because when I need to use it, it is ready and there is no question in my mind as to whether I will be able to rise to the occasion.
Bob Doan
65 yo, Prostate Cancer - radiation therapy 2018, ED 20 years used pills, MUSE, trimix. Weekly testosterone injections for TRT. AMS 700 CX implanted Feb 12, 2021, 18/1, by Dr Herati, Johns Hopkins

subhash

Postby subhash » Thu May 27, 2021 2:23 pm

THANKS ...i too am going in for the implant

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Thu May 27, 2021 6:55 pm

subhash wrote:hii have sufffered from ED since 25 yrs--had to take higher and higher doses of sikdenafil plus tadalafil but kept experiencing dimishing returns.
Bloodwork showed vit d as low and prolactin as high. So self medicated with vit d fir 8 weeks and cabergoline 0.25 twice a week since the last 6 wks.
for the first time in years, Iam expereincing some sensation in my penis, some degree of rigidity howver feeble and i can masturbate after yrs without lying on my stomach .
there is some im provment -perhaps not enough for penetration.
could someone pl guide me --i was scheduled to have a penile implant as a last resort. --but this progress is definitely something i shd be working on.
Comments and tips, brothers?

As you have mentioned you have had ED since 25 years of age and that sensation has also been severely affected, have you investigated a pelvic floor issue or some form of Pudenal nerve entrapment?
If the nerves leaving the sacrum are being affected by some form of compression, both sensation and erectile function can be compromised.

Also, if prolactin is high this will play havoc with sexual function as well. Has your doctor determined why your prolactin is high and why are you self medicating? Did your doctor not suggest the cabergoline to treat the high prolactin?
You say you are scheduled for an implant, but it sounds like there are still unanswered questions. Remember the implant should always be the absolute last resort.
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

subhash

Postby subhash » Fri May 28, 2021 3:33 am

thanks for the useful inputs.
I had a CT pelvic angio done plus ultrasound dopler
BOTH indicate severe arterial problems .
i was prescribed bromo but then evreyone said that cab is a better option.
i too do not wish to go in for an implant but i dont see any way out

subhash

Postby subhash » Fri May 28, 2021 9:30 am

Your input keeps echoing in my mind. it is a v useful angle. How will I ever find out if there is nerve damage and if yes, which dr woud treat it-surely not a uro and these uros have v little to offer me anyway. thanks

BigEyes

Postby BigEyes » Fri May 28, 2021 3:37 pm

Subhash

Cabergoline is very effective at lowering prolactin levels, which may or may not be your problem. However, all of the reports I have seen on it talk about results after nearly a year.

Perhaps you are not giving it enough time. I have been taking 0.5mg twice a week for about 3-4 months. In the beginning I noticed quite an improvement in both performance and sensation, but as of late, the improvement seems to have gone away. Most of the improvement was noted when I first started on it and as I titrated up to the full 0.5 mg dose twice a week that they discuss in the report.

I have been using the 0.5 mg dose twice a week for at least 2 months, and my response has gotten weaker instead of stronger.

Would appreciate anyone who has some solid input on this.

BigEyes
Doctor of Naturopathy (N.D.) and Herbalist. ED and occasional Anorgasmia from perineal surgery for rectal cancer Dec. 2012

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:33 pm

Before implant, try adding Trimix injections to sildenafil. This is a standard treatment. Also get testosterone measured; too low can cause ED.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Return to “General Discussion”