deciding about implant

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
subhash

deciding about implant

Postby subhash » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:51 am

I have been suffering from ED since 25 years . I am in India and now 51 years old . I have been doing the rounds of urologists and doctors and am fed up as urology so far has offered me very little. No doubt the Tadalafil and Sildenafil have helped over the years . But I have to take higher and higher doses  and the desired outcomes are becoming lesser.
Recently I got a penile doppler done and Angio CT pelvic . The cause is clearly vascular--arterial insufficiency. The angio reveals that some of the arteries are 'diseased'.

All blood tests were also done.
Glycosylated Haemoglobin(Glyco Hb/HbA1c)---5.70
Fasting Blood Sugar(FBS) --97
Sex hormone binding globulin(SHBG)-- 43.64
Liver Profile -normal
Lipid Profile(mini) -normal HDL/cholo ratio 4.05
Prostate specific Antigen(PSA) Total plu --all normal but FPSA/TPSA ratio 0.18
Thyroid Profile Total T3 T4 TSH -normal
Testosterone Total -- 606
Free Testosterone ---9.50 (is this on low side)
Estradiol --48.21
Prolactin.--47.81
Vitamin D --8.00
IGF-1 -- 123

Urologists are divided on the cure. Some say penile implant is the only way out. Other one says ESWT + daily tadalafil 5 + vaccum pump + cernos gel +kegel.
My prolactin has been increasing from 29 ng/ml on 9th March to 47 on 30th March . I have started Cabergoline 0.25 twice a week. Some drs in fact say prolctin has nothing to do with my ED and no need to treat. other drs say treat .
.I don’t want to try ESWT conclude it does not work or has to be done every year and then go for implant finally.

After intensive research, I feel the implant is the best option. in India, there are v few implant surgeons. Would it lead to loss of sensation?

Any guidance from anyone about the road ahead would be appreciated.
Implanted AMS 700 LGX 15 + 4 RTE penoscrotal incision, 65 cc reservoir ;

Old Guy

Re: deciding about implant

Postby Old Guy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:04 am

Love my implant, at least since I've healed.
My thought is all those drugs they want you to take isn't good. As much as drugs worked for me for a while, I still ended up having to get the implant. If you have leakage it will only get worse. 25 years dealing with ED is not good for a man's ego. If I were in your shoes I'd tell the docs you don't want to take a bunch of drugs, and an implant is inevitable.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:23 am

Go for implant! You could have loss of sensation, though it will usually return after the nerves recover.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

subhash

Postby subhash » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:37 am

Thanks to the two of you for your inputs. Yes, im def going in for it.In India, I dont have too many surgeons to choose from .

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:25 pm

Good luck.

Be VERY careful about your choice of surgeons. Interview the surgeon thoroughly and get him/her to accept you as part of the medical care team and respect your concerns. Also try to interview former and current patients.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

subhash

Postby subhash » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:20 am

thanks--this is exactly what worries me. In India, choice is v ltd and all of them do the malleable most of the time. that culture of asking, interviewing does not exist--i dont know any of his patients

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:29 am

There is another user on this forum from India who got the 3 piece implant done, but I believe he traveled to the US for it and paid out of pocket
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:03 am

I think Wolfpacker is correct. You can do a search on him. I love my implant my sex life was given back to me. Very happy with the results.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:08 pm

subhash wrote:thanks--this is exactly what worries me. In India, choice is v ltd and all of them do the malleable most of the time. that culture of asking, interviewing does not exist--i dont know any of his patients

If the choices in India dissuade you from staying local and the U.S. is too expensive, there are options in other countries. Dr Kramer travelled to Turkey to teach the surgery, so there might be options there. You could write to Dr Kramer to ask advice about who to contact there. He is very helpful if you keep the communications short and to the point.

Britain is another option. The currency exchange rate may be helpful to make the cost affordable.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

subhash

Postby subhash » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:50 am

Thanks, all.
in times of the pandemic, travel does become awkward. I do travel to Thailand and malaysia often, so could look out there too.
Choice of surgeon v v v v imp

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”