how long after RP surgery did your recovery plateau?

A very new area of interest is penile physical therapy. From exercises to stretching to vibrational therapy, it's all new and still being studied. This is where we can share techniques, exercises and successes.
ftwabeck3533

Re: how long after RP surgery did your recovery plateau?

Postby ftwabeck3533 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:54 am

woodbine wrote:I am year and half since the surgery. On trimix successful with a shot. pills only work a little. If I clench the base I can get a 75 percent erection not strong enough for intercourse but once you let go It subsides. So I believe this will be my new norm. My therapy is pump 10 min per day the use trimix once per week. I guess this will be my new norm. Good luck to all.

Woodbine, thanks for resurrecting this thread. I just re-read my post from last fall on this topic when I first signed up on FrankTalk.

Not sure if Morse is still on this board. Another Doppelganger!
Born 1955, Erectile Dysfunction, Robotic Prostatectomy (Oct 2018, Dr Bugg @ UCA, Birmingham, AL), PSA<0.007, Trimix User (30 mg Papaverine HCL, 1 mg Phentolamine MES, 10 mcg Alprostadil per 1 ML. My dose is 0.16 ML)

tarheelgwb

Postby tarheelgwb » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:01 pm

unfortunately for me, I saw little or no potency return. I am 63 now and had RP surgery in 2015 at 57.
60 - Trimix user
Nerve sparring RP in March '15. Near zero natural Erections.

seeking info

Postby seeking info » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:20 am

This is a great topic.as I fear getting PC constantly...so far things are good but I have a question for you guys who I admire greatly and feel that insurance should pay for anything you want to have to achieve elections after prostate cancer. It is so unfair to the males that get this serial death disease... that is how I think of it, most men are not lucky to achieve enough normal sex function after the surgery to say they have a normal set life like before your PC diagnosis. My question for you guys is how long after surgery are you allowed to resume sex,..and do they prescribe you pills,..injections..etc..before the year or 6 month wait and see you all have spoken about. That's a long time to go without sex! Once again...my fear is talking and I appreciate any of you entertaining my question

Seeking info
Aka Scott
Medically retired. Due to very bad back issues..multiple surgeries. Implanted pain infusion system on long term opiodal meds; hypogonadism and hypothyroid as a side effect from intrathecal pain infusion system. Use low dose generic V

richkez32

Postby richkez32 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:23 am

I had my RP in 2016 I never regained an erection after that. Even with using ED medication or a pump it just felt like my penis was dead Then in 2018 ish the cancer returned and had to have 37 rounds of radio therapy. Move forward to late 2020 and one morning I woke up with the most amazing erection. My wife and I was very pleased :D Although thing have gone from strength to strength My penis is about 2 inches smaller in length. But lost no girth. And when it’s hard it’s hard if you get what I mean. Now I need to look into a a way of regaining some of the length
I had a RP in 2016 and a year later My psa started to rise resulting in having 37 sections of radio therapy. 2021 Testosterone replacement stopped due to psa rising again. Oncologist says most likely coming from a malignant source. I am at my wits end.

ftwabeck3533

Postby ftwabeck3533 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 am

richkez32 wrote:Move forward to late 2020 and one morning I woke up with the most amazing erection.

Rich, Any more spontaneous erections since 2020? Or was this a "one and done" event?
Born 1955, Erectile Dysfunction, Robotic Prostatectomy (Oct 2018, Dr Bugg @ UCA, Birmingham, AL), PSA<0.007, Trimix User (30 mg Papaverine HCL, 1 mg Phentolamine MES, 10 mcg Alprostadil per 1 ML. My dose is 0.16 ML)

richkez32

Postby richkez32 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:58 pm

ftwabeck3533 wrote:
richkez32 wrote:Move forward to late 2020 and one morning I woke up with the most amazing erection.

Rich, Any more spontaneous erections since 2020? Or was this a "one and done" event?

I can get erections now and again good ones to. But my libido is extremely low. I think that is due to the antidepressants and antipsychotic drugs I have to take.
I had a RP in 2016 and a year later My psa started to rise resulting in having 37 sections of radio therapy. 2021 Testosterone replacement stopped due to psa rising again. Oncologist says most likely coming from a malignant source. I am at my wits end.

Return to “Penile Physical Therapy”