Maximum use of your pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
implant1959

Re: Maximum use of your pump

Postby implant1959 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:33 pm

to me if your pump doesn't reinflate it sounds like you out of fluid.
Seems like 2 options
1. You have gained sized and not enough fluid to support that
2. You have a leak and have lost fluid

I would be on the phone to Dr NOW, if it was me.
Scott, member of Bionic Brotherhood since 12/2/2020 with activation on 12/17/2020.
Coloplast Titan Touch.
Feel free to PM me, we all need an ear now and then.

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:32 pm

Last edited by FMLFML85 on Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:09 pm

FMLFML85 wrote:Had a revision and asked the surgeon to much a extra 20cc of fluid in the resivour. 125 cc is standard I have 145cc now.

In my opinion, that was a wise move. Too little can be an issue. I've yet to hear anyone argue that a little extra is harmful.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

implant1959

Postby implant1959 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:30 pm

Gt1956 wrote:
FMLFML85 wrote:Had a revision and asked the surgeon to much a extra 20cc of fluid in the resivour. 125 cc is standard I have 145cc now.

In my opinion, that was a wise move. Too little can be an issue. I've yet to hear anyone argue that a little extra is harmful.

I do think extra volume could lead to autoinflation, and difficulty in deflation. Putting 145 cc into reservoir designed for 125cc would put it under pressure, potentially causing issues. You would also need larger pocket to hold reservoir, so this again could cause increased pressure.
Scott, member of Bionic Brotherhood since 12/2/2020 with activation on 12/17/2020.
Coloplast Titan Touch.

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:08 am

Last edited by FMLFML85 on Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:19 am

I do not have a Titan so you can take this for as it is as an observation. First is that the implant after surgery is never completely empty. The tubing is full as is the pump and part of the cylinders. Just how much is used for all of that I do not know. Or when or how the fluid is measured during the surgery. And how any air in the tubes, cylinders or pump is removed or if it is moved to the reservoir. And as the part of the cylinders not in the shaft cannot be squeezed to force fluid back into the reservoir. And also I would think it would be really difficult to squeeze 100% of the fluid even in the shaft back into the reservoir. I guess I just don't understand the process in surgery and when the fluid is added to the reservoir and if any other fluid is used to fill the tubing or pump.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:24 pm

Masonjames wrote:Hi guys
I have heard guys talk about this before but just experienced it for the first time last night. I had my surgery on the first of September 2020, which puts me between 25 and 26 weeks postop.
I was cycling last night and when I reached 70 pumps the pump went flat and didn't fill back up. I could fill an indention on one side. The same thing happened again this morning, with the same amount of pumps. I now know how many pumps I can get out of my implant.
I thought I'd share this milestone in my journey. Thanks to all hear, who have helped me along my way.
If any of you guys want to offer me advice on this please fill free to do so. I love the input.

I'm starting to have the same issue, after I use my VED and inflate to maximum with my LGX the bulb eventually keeps going flat at a certain point and won't pump up anymore. My dick is insanely girthy though and I think I've stretched my LGX way out at this point (it's about 8 inch girth at the base pumped up now using my VED). Unfortunately the implant still is not rock hard by the time the bulb flattens and there is still a bit of flexibility to it. It seems to cycle just fine so I don't think it's a loss of fluid issue from a leak. I am giving consideration to maybe swapping out for a Titan, and seeing the local guy in Portland about it, but I just can't stomach forking out another 20K for a surgery my insurance won't cover just to get an implant that is a bit harder. Either way, I need more fluid in the reservoir it appears.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:30 pm

I’ve had a flat pump in the past but in those cases it’s always been a failure. How many guys experience a flat pump when fully pumped???? Maybe a flat pump is just in the guys with the bigger implants when they’re fully pumped...???
I’d like to hear from others that are having the flat pump issue. Thanks!!
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

implant1959

Postby implant1959 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:09 pm

newbie443 wrote:I do not have a Titan so you can take this for as it is as an observation. First is that the implant after surgery is never completely empty. The tubing is full as is the pump and part of the cylinders. Just how much is used for all of that I do not know. Or when or how the fluid is measured during the surgery. And how any air in the tubes, cylinders or pump is removed or if it is moved to the reservoir. And as the part of the cylinders not in the shaft cannot be squeezed to force fluid back into the reservoir. And also I would think it would be really difficult to squeeze 100% of the fluid even in the shaft back into the reservoir. I guess I just don't understand the process in surgery and when the fluid is added to the reservoir and if any other fluid is used to fill the tubing or pump.

Here is a little of what I know. Once the surgeon determines a size the components are opened to the sterile field. The cylinders are bathed in an antibiotic solution and using a syringe with saline the pump and cylinders are primed, filling them with saline. Then by positioning and partial deflation all air is removed from pump, cylinders and tubing. This filling and air removal is also done for reservoir. The tubing is clamped with special clamps to retain saline and prevent air from entering.
After placement of cylinders a syringe is hooked to tubing so the doctor can create an erection and make sure it's ok. Then deflate erection and clamp tubing again. Then place the pump and reservoir, then using the syringe fill the reservoir with the appropriate amount of saline then connect tubing together. The goal is no air in the system.
When I deflate I reach in above my balls and press the cylinders up against my pubic bone, doing this while squeezing penis i can deflate most of the way. So yes the fluid not in your shaft can be squeezed/milked out.
Coloplast Titan Touch.

Return to “Implants”