Dr. Eid for ~$30,000 or Dr. Hakky for ~$20,000?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
eustinas

Dr. Eid for ~$30,000 or Dr. Hakky for ~$20,000?

Postby eustinas » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi folks,

29 year old guy from Canada with Peyronie's and severe premature ejaculation since age of 18. As such, non-existent sex life throughout entire 20s. Looking forward to making up for lost time in my 30s with an implant. :)

Hustled very hard in the last few years, worked my way up in my career and currently have saved up $52,000 CAD ($40,800 USD).

I'm now in the final decision making process.

I was dead set on Eid, and am still leaning towards him, but the ~$30,000 USD bill his office has cited me is extremely steep in Canadian dollars due to the currency exchange (that's almost $40K CAD, plus thousands more for travel, airfare, and the quarantine hotel bill I have to pay to return to Canada again (look up Trudeau's new border rule if you're curious).

However, I just recently heard about Dr. Hakky, who is considerably cheaper and has fantastic reviews on here as well.

Here's my dilemma: While I'm willing to pay top dollar for the best, I also feel like if I can save $10,000 USD for Dr. Hakky and get an equally good result, then I might as well.

On the other hand, I'm young and will earn lots of money in my career, so maybe I shouldn't be worrying about $10K when it comes to something as important as fixing my sex life and take absolutely no risks and simply go for the best possible option (my understanding is that while Hakky is still a great doctor, Eid is "the best money can buy".)

Any advice? What would you do in my shoes, as a young guy with a good career but who still would like to save money if possible?

EDIT: To clarify, yes I am paying out of pocket.✔️
Last edited by eustinas on Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Age 30 from ON, Canada
- Got Peyronies-induced ED at 18
- Implanted Oct 14, 2021 by one of the top high volume US surgeons
- Titan 22+1.5 RTE
- 1st cycle Nov 4, 2021

Gt1956

Re: Dr. Eid for ~$30,000 or Dr. Hakky for ~$20,000?

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:20 pm

Sorry in advance. My own opinion is to keep researching & saving money. Wait 6 months & see if the Covid restrictions ease. That would make the process easier & the cost to go down.
Pick a few of the cities in the USA that are hubs for direct flights into your nearest city in Canada. Using the FT search function. Try searching for members that have mentioned that city. Click on their user name to see their post history to see how satisfied they are with their outcomes.
Research & repeat.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

NothingIsOver

Postby NothingIsOver » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:22 pm

Eustinas,

I'm in a similar situation, just ten years older. I'll be looking to make up for lost time in my 40's. I figure as long as I'm breathing it's never too late!

My opinion is that as long as you go with a high volume surgeon who specializes in this procedure, you should get a good result. Both Eid and Hakky fit that bill. in fact, I think they are two of the top three implanters in the country in terms of volume (Perito being the king). Personally, I am a fan of Dr. Hakky and he will almost certainly be doing my surgery.

Eid's claim to fame is his "no-touch" technique, which accounts for his extremely low infection rate (less than 1%). You certainly want to avoid an infection, but other top implanters have similar rates from what I understand. As to whether Eid is worth paying over $10,000 more for? Tough to say. It depends on your location, comfort level with him, and countless other factors.

It seems you will be paying out of pocket. I will be as well. For me, the additional cost for Eid is not worth it, even though he is closer to me. His surgeon's fee alone is $14,800 versus $5,000 for Hakky. Is Eid a great surgeon? He certainly seems to be. Can he deliver a result 3x better than Hakky? I doubt it.

Keep in mind that you will need revisions in the future and if anything goes wrong (infection, malfunction, etc.), you may be looking at another surgery sooner rather than later. I believe Eid guarantees his surgeon's fee for three years so that may come into play if things head south.

Just my two cents.
Last edited by NothingIsOver on Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born 1982
ED due to Peyronie's/VL
Implanted March 2021 by Dr. Tariq Hakky
Titan XL - 24 cm - Touch Pump - no RTEs - 125 cc reservoir
"Nothing is over until we decide it is!" - Bluto, Animal House

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:25 pm

As a cash patient you should be able to negotiate at least a 10% discount. Or is that already figured into your numbers? I would certainly ask the doctor what is possible.

Both of those doctors probably get half their price when they take US medicare patients, so they will work for somewhat less. I would get video or telephone consultations with both doctors and then make a decision about which one to pick. I have zero regrets about Dr Eid.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

eustinas

Postby eustinas » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:55 pm

Gt1956 wrote:Sorry in advance. My own opinion is to keep researching & saving money. Wait 6 months & see if the Covid restrictions ease. That would make the process easier & the cost to go down.
Pick a few of the cities in the USA that are hubs for direct flights into your nearest city in Canada. Using the FT search function. Try searching for members that have mentioned that city. Click on their user name to see their post history to see how satisfied they are with their outcomes.
Research & repeat.

No need to apologize! I appreciate every reply. This is a pragmatic approach and I've considered it, although there's a high chance that 6 months go by and the restrictions remain in place, and I'm in the exact same place just 6 months older. :lol:
- Age 30 from ON, Canada
- Titan 22+1.5 RTE
- 1st cycle Nov 4, 2021

eustinas

Postby eustinas » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:56 pm

warrenw wrote:As a cash patient you should be able to negotiate at least a 10% discount. Or is that already figured into your numbers? I would certainly ask the doctor what is possible.

Both of those doctors probably get half their price when they take US medicare patients, so they will work for somewhat less. I would get video or telephone consultations with both doctors and then make a decision about which one to pick. I have zero regrets about Dr Eid.

Hey Warren, I did email Dr. Eid's office to negotiate a bit, so we'll see how that goes. I also met with him via video consultation about a month ago and was definitely satisfied -- but I did enough research that I already knew mostly everything he told me. 8-) Going to set up a consultation with Hakky now as well for sure.
- Age 30 from ON, Canada
- Titan 22+1.5 RTE
- 1st cycle Nov 4, 2021

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:46 pm

I have never used Dr. Eid but have used Dr Hakky. Dr Hakky did my revision surgery on Nov 3 2020. I love him and his staff. Atlanta is a international airport hub also. He is a great surgeon but even more than that a great person.
Just my two cents worth.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

wewokarents

Postby wewokarents » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:14 pm

I would call Dr Steven A Johnson at UT Southwest Medical School. His price is much less. He operates out of Baylor-Scott White in Sherman, TX. That is about an hour north of DFW airport. He did my surgery a week ago. BSW Sherman is small enough to properly serve you and large enough to have access to any specialty you could want.
Implant 1/28/2021. Dr Stephen A Johnson. Done at Baylor, Scott and White in Sherman, Texas. TRT since 2005, serious ED from 2004. Used nearly all PDE5 drugs. Injections failed. Started cycling at 1 week. Cycle most days. AMS 700 CX 23cm, 100ml reservoir.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:00 pm

eustinas wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:Sorry in advance. My own opinion is to keep researching & saving money. Wait 6 months & see if the Covid restrictions ease. That would make the process easier & the cost to go down.
Research & repeat.

No need to apologize! I appreciate every reply. This is a pragmatic approach and I've considered it, although there's a high chance that 6 months go by and the restrictions remain in place, and I'm in the exact same place just 6 months older. :lol:

I tell my kids that you can only spend your money once. Spend wisely.
Your logic about the duration of Covid restriction is a valid point. On the other hand, despite the recent rowdy election here. Many news outlets are predicting that the Covid lock down will start to lessen. When is the real question. As long as the vaccinations continue on schedule without any unforeseen complications. We should see some relief.
As for Eid's no touch procedure. He speaks at many seminars, I'm sure that he has spoken about this to other surgeons. The good ones are in a state of continuous education. I have no doubt that many others are using it. They just don't use Eid's name for the process.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

1Roofer

Postby 1Roofer » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:55 pm

I had Dr. Hakky.

Great surgeon. Their surgery technique is very similar from all I’ve read.

Get the One Touch & do not get the Genesis pump at all.

You can call me if you need to

Implanted by Dr. Hakky on August 6th, 2018 Coloplast 22 cm. Genesis pump failure 8/17/19. Revision 9/10/2019. Genesis pump failed 2/27/2020 while having sex. Second revision scheduled 4/7/2020 with new Titan One Touch pump instead of Genesis

Return to “Implants”