FIRST POSTING,, BUT 2ND SURGERY WITHIN A YEAR

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
thedriver

FIRST POSTING,, BUT 2ND SURGERY WITHIN A YEAR

Postby thedriver » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:56 am

My story may help someone here,, I was in a accident over 20 years ago, and while in a back brace I developed priapism and did not go in right away,, I struggled over the next 20 years with this due to no insurance,, very understanding wife that stood by me thru it all,, Finally retired and used my insurance to go thru my first surgery and this is how it went,,
My first surgery was conducted in May of last year, all went fine as expected, then November of last year while cycling the implant it suddenly deflated,, something went wrong,, called the Mayo clinic and they confirmed it sounded like a malfunction of the implant and to make an appointment to have revision surgery done,, so my quest started all over again,, just when I thought things were going good and healing up well I had to do it again,
Dr, Kohler at the Mayo in Rochester said this happens less than 1% of the surgeries within the first 5 years,, but mine happened within 6 months,
There is so much to go over to tell the whole story of these 2 surgeries that I will forget things to bring up,, so please ask me any questions you may have,,
I just had my revision surgery done this past Friday,, 4 days ago and feeling great with no regrets,, I know I am just skimming over what I went thru,, so please ask any and all questions you may have,, they replaced the pump, cylinders and tubing,, they left the resevoir implanted under my belt line due to it only being 6 months old,, I'm sure I left out alot of things here,, so please ask me anything you want,,, my story might be of help to someone I hope.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

newbie443

Re: FIRST POSTING,, BUT 2ND SURGERY WITHIN A YEAR

Postby newbie443 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:45 am

Welcome to FT.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:18 pm

Hope everything goes well on your recovery!
Murphy's family all have bedrooms at my house....I am definitely in the 1% group. I had may first surgery in October 2013. The second surgery in November 2017. The third surgery March 2018. The fourth surgery was November 2020. I am due another surgery February 2021.
Just call me "LUCKY"
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:59 pm

Me too! I belong to the 1% club, lol.
I had 3 surgeries within 8 mos.!
1st one, Aug. 2019- infection
2nd one, Dec. 2019- to correct infection (they gambled and lost), was implanted with malleable, malleable had to come out!
3nd one, March 2020, right before total lockdown. This Dr. was pissed at me because he put in a Titan classic and valves are bars on both sides, difficult to deflate.

Single, but never got to use 3-piece or malleable, except for whacking off.
I was robbed! I am definitely missing a lot!

3rd op, finally got to use it and shot my load in someone's ass...after 7 months with implant!
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:12 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:Hope everything goes well on your recovery!
Murphy's family all have bedrooms at my house....I am definitely in the 1% group. I had may first surgery in October 2013. The second surgery in November 2017. The third surgery March 2018. The fourth surgery was November 2020. I am due another surgery February 2021.
Just call me "LUCKY"
For both of you, Did they use pre connected kits on the first one. Obviously if they re used the reservoir it was not pre connected. What went wrong with them?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:56 am

Just call me "LUCKY"

OMG,,, Wow,,, I hope everything gos right for you this time,, they say the 5th one is the charm...
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:59 am

oldbeek wrote:
Just call me "LUCKY"
For both of you, Did they use pre connected kits on the first one. Obviously if they re used the reservoir it was not pre connected. What went wrong with them?

Not sure,, he is a very well respected surgeon,, but he dosen' take alot of time to explain parts of it like that,, I wish I had run across this site before I began this adventure.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:43 am

Well, this time around, since you have FT, things should go smoother. You have a resource now (I too, took the plunge before finding this site).
Have a bag of frozen peas handy, VERY loose fitting clothes (or walk around nekkid), no pets or young toddlers around to jump on you :lol: , and if you have things pop up, you can ask on here. Good luck!
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

phallus

Postby phallus » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:01 pm

Just call me "LUCKY"

Scary, imagine traveling around the world to a top doc, paying out of pocket and go through this.
Your finances would be in ruin, not the mention your mental peace.
Born 1995
Possibly VL since 16.
Experimenting with PGE1 injections
which occasionally works too good and other times,
too poorly. Confusing situation.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Agfa13 wrote:Well, this time around, since you have FT, things should go smoother. You have a resource now (I too, took the plunge before finding this site).
Have a bag of frozen peas handy, VERY loose fitting clothes (or walk around nekkid), no pets or young toddlers around to jump on you :lol: , and if you have things pop up, you can ask on here. Good luck!

Those are some good tips that I didn't take seriously the first time around,,
also keep elevated and pointing upward,
Tylenol,, ice,, all help with swelling,,,
taking the meds on time,,
get ahead of the pain,,
keep things clean, clean , clean,,
warm soapy water everyday in the shower,,
tomorrow will be post op, day #7 and I feel better right now than the first surgery 3 weeks in.. water is a natural healer when it comes to the humane body...

Return to “Implants”