What is the objective definition of "aggressive cycling"?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
anonymous 5

What is the objective definition of "aggressive cycling"?

Postby anonymous 5 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:57 pm

EDIT: Please ignore this post. Don't anybody else answer, please. I can't take it.
Never mind. Post what you want. I'm deleting my account.

I've seen the term "aggressive cycling" used repeatedly, but it's never defined. A search for the term in 'Implants' returns 149 instances of use. I searched for definitions (as well as acronyms, even though it isn't one) on this board, but can't find a definition that I can make use of in my case.

I know that it is probably subjective (i.e., an individual thing with no standard definition), but I'm not PM'ing everyone who uses the phrase to ask them to tell me what they mean by it.

So, to those who use the term, could you state what you mean by using it? (Does it mean once daily, 2x day, hourly while you're awake; up and down every 20 minutes for hours, etc? Who told you to "aggressively cycle" and what did they specifically mean by it?

Thanks
Last edited by anonymous 5 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
65 yo. Terrible implant surgery by dr. Grigoriev from Las Vegas Urology on 30 Jun 20. (See my post in Implants titled "Newby here: My recent (30 Jun 20), bad penile implant experience".) DO NOT GO TO HIM!

Gt1956

Re: What is the objective definition of "aggressive cycling"?

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Really a good question. Another variable. How hard is it inflated to? How long is it inflated?
My surgeon said something quickly about it. Basically he said that if he sees me 1 year after surgery & I haven't regained my pre ED size. He knows that I didn't cycle enough.
To help put that in perspective. I've never had cancer & I don't have any peyronies signs.
I think each doctor has a different definition. As a kid, they always told us to chew our food well. Never told us what "well" was.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Gt1956 wrote:Really a good question. Another variable. How hard is it inflated to? How long is it inflated?
My surgeon said something quickly about it. Basically he said that if he sees me 1 year after surgery & I haven't regained my pre ED size. He knows that I didn't cycle enough.
To help put that in perspective. I've never had cancer & I don't have any peyronies signs.
I think each doctor has a different definition. As a kid, they always told us to chew our food well. Never told us what "well" was.

I read that 40 times (chewing, not cycling) was "well".

Of course, 40 times on noodle soup is not the same as 40 times on beef jerky.

As far as cycling is concerned, "aggressive" would be until I could not squeeze the bulb to get any more saline into the implant. This, after about 30 minutes produces discomfort in my penis, especially in and near the glans. For example, if I fell asleep (which sometimes happens before that 30 minute discomfort event) inflated, after about 90 minutes there is enough discomfort to wake me up.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

anonymous 5

Postby anonymous 5 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
As far as cycling is concerned, "aggressive" would be until I could not squeeze the bulb to get any more saline into the implant. This, after about 30 minutes produces discomfort in my penis, especially in and near the glans. For example, if I fell asleep (which sometimes happens before that 30 minute discomfort event) inflated, after about 90 minutes there is enough discomfort to wake me up.
[/quote]

Who defined that for you? Is that your 'subjective' definition? (It seems to me your definition would be 'regular' or 'standard' cycling. Why is that considered "aggressive"? Also, how many times per day? For how long, minimally, each time?)

Thanks.
Last edited by anonymous 5 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
65 yo. Terrible implant surgery by dr. Grigoriev from Las Vegas Urology on 30 Jun 20. (See my post in Implants titled "Newby here: My recent (30 Jun 20), bad penile implant experience".) DO NOT GO TO HIM!

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 pm

Bruce20 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:As far as cycling is concerned, "aggressive" would be until I could not squeeze the bulb to get any more saline into the implant. This, after about 30 minutes produces discomfort in my penis, especially in and near the glans. For example, if I fell asleep (which sometimes happens before that 30 minute discomfort event) inflated, after about 90 minutes there is enough discomfort to wake me up.

Who defined that for you? Is that your 'subjective' definition? (It seems to me your definition would be 'regular' or 'standard' cycling. Why is that considered "aggressive"? Also, how many times per day? For how long, minimally, each time?)
Thanks.

You've deleted so much of the post that it looks like you're quoting me. That is not my post. You should edit your post to reflect that you're asking Lostsheep the question.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:09 pm

Bruce20 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:As far as cycling is concerned, "aggressive" would be until I could not squeeze the bulb to get any more saline into the implant. This, after about 30 minutes produces discomfort in my penis, especially in and near the glans. For example, if I fell asleep (which sometimes happens before that 30 minute discomfort event) inflated, after about 90 minutes there is enough discomfort to wake me up.

Thanks.

( {{Aside:}] I took out the brackets that made it look like GT1956 had written what I wrote. )

I defined that for myself.

It is an objective definition. It does not have a squeeze count, though. It does have, as the objective measure, the limit of what my hand can get into the implant. I believe this is not subject to my hand strength, but to a pressure-limiting feature of the implant itself.

"Regular", "Standard" or "Aggressive" cycling? When my girlfriend and I have sex, how much I inflate depends on what position we are using. Some positions benefit from a lesser degree, as our mood strikes us.

I consider the maximum I can inflate to, to be "Aggressive". Anything less is not formally "Aggressive".

Perhaps a better definition might be 100% of the maximum pressure one can get into the implant. That way, a quantitative assessment might be discussed.
Definition proposed:
100% the max pressure that can be pumped
95% the max pressure that does not produce discomfort at 60 minutes duration
90% the max pressure that can be maintained indefinitely (say, overnight) without discomfort
70% the max pressure that can be maintained throughout the day without an overt bulge (in supportive underwear)
50% the max pressure that can be maintained without an overt bulge in boxer shorts or without underwear
30% the max pressure that can be maintained without alarm in a form-fitting bathing suit (e.g. racing suit or Speedo brand)

The numbers are quantitative and the qualitative descriptions apply to me. I imagine that different men's numerical percentages will differ from the qualitative measures, though. That being the case, a true objective measure may be elusive and ultimately less useful than a subjective standard.

Another way to get a quantitative measure would be to invent a device to measure the bending strength of the inflated penis much the same way Civil Engineers measure beam strength of cantilevered structural members.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 pm

I have a Titan which has the capability to increase in girth.

Right after surgery I cycled to the max daily for about a month then I gradually cycled less and less in about a year's time. But I didn't realize that if I waited a little bit between max pumps even more saline could be pumped into the cylinders.

I have since gone back to aggressive cycling. I pump to the max until no more saline can be pumped into the cylinders. Wait a few minutes. Then I am able to pump even more saline into the cylinders.

Eventually it takes about 30 minutes to pump more saline into the cylinders. Then I reach the point where no more saline is able to be pumped into the cylinders (about 2 1/2 hours). My understanding is that this is a sign that the cylinders are expanding. I then keep device inflated for another half hour.

Right now I am doing this daily. I will gradually taper off of this aggressive regimen until I get to about once a week.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:45 pm

IMHO, 'Aggressive' would be going above and beyond what has been told to you by your Dr., but also can be subjective, but mostly the above and beyond thing.
Speaking for myself, I was told to do cycling 2X per day, 10 min. in each session. I mostly do 1X, but go over 20 min. Most of the time, I pump all the way until I can't pump any more, but like LS said, after a while, it can get uncomfortable, even after sex.
Yesterday, I did one session of 23min, right before and including a shower.
Right now, sitting here fully inflated. Will wash clothes, eat, then shower...should be about 45 min. (plus) total after I finish what I want to do. Do I have to do therapy 2X, not if I get up at 5 in the AM.

Update: Over 20 min. already, just putting around the house doing my thing.
Update 2: Yeah, 45 min later, I was starting to feel uncomfortable.
Last edited by Agfa13 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:00 pm

Bruce, I have a bit different way that I understand it. First you should follow your doctors instructions as to cycling. Once you are fully healed and cut loose from restrictions from your doctor you can try cycling for stretching. I would inflate to 100%. Where I could not get any more pumps. Or until I could feel a bit of stretching. Then wait for 5 minutes or so. If you felt no stretching or the stretching went away try to pump some more. If at any time you have pain deflate and stop. The idea is to stretch your tissue and your cylinders. You can cause damage so it is really important to stop if you have pain. What you are looking for is to feel a bit of stretching. I did this for about an hour but others have done this for 30 minutes twice a day. If you can't do it for that long without feeling pain don't push it. Just pump up to where you feel stretching and leave it that way for up to an hour. Or for 2 up to 30 minute sessions. If you don't feel stretching you can still do this as the cylinders may need to stretch in the beginning. The idea is as you wait that 5 minutes or so the cylinders and your tissue stretches a bit and you can add partial pumps to continue the stretching. But again stop if you get the slightest pain. Stretching is what you want but pain is not.

Now this is a very slow process. As posted above this can take up to a year and beyond. So do not expect to have measurable results in days or even a week. A monthly or every other month measurement might be best to show any results. Girth is where you CX expands and is where you have the opportunity for gains.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”