Glans size post op?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wunhunglo

Glans size post op?

Postby wunhunglo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi,
I’ve had two video consults with Dr. Eid and am almost emotionally ready to take the leap. I’ve heard varying results regarding glans engorgement.

Can anyone share their experiences? E.g., no change, slightly smaller, so small I regret the surgery.

Thank you
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

Vagabond127

Re: Glans size post op?

Postby Vagabond127 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:02 pm

I don't get fully engorged glans like I used to but I do get an erection as hard as a steel pipe. It's a small trade off for me.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

FixTDix

Postby FixTDix » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:03 pm

No change for me. I still wake up with what I think is a nocturnal erection, and it turns out it is my glans engorged
46 years old, 3 years diagnosed with peyronie’s, Xiaflex caused fracture (old uro), excision/grafting with Dr Faysal Yafi UCI 3/26/19, Implanted 8/11/20 Dr Yafi Coloplast Titan Zero degree 20cm + 1cm RTE

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:58 pm

All nerves removed during an RP. Glans is cold and white. I can get it plump and red with a lot of work. Depends on what caused your ED.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:14 am

Significantly smaller glans here. Annoying. But I went into this process being honest with myself that there would be changes and adjustments after IPP, not blissful perfection.

My glans used to be very fat and firm and engorged back in the days of pills and injections. No real definitive clarity on why I'm having this lessened experience with my glans now. My surgeon is a top tier guy with all this. Everything went ridiculously smoothly and easy overall. I had some venous leakage prior to implantation and some of the thinking is that the not-insignificant trauma of dissecting my dick open and doing all the things the IPP does somehow exacerbated whatever leakage I already had. Which is credible to me and, I suppose, not particularly surprising.

Net result though is a loss of total length and girth mostly attributable to the inability of my glans to engorge.

I'm undecided as to fooling around trying a vacuum device, constriction rings, etc. I had this surgery chiefly to eliminate all the theatrics and unknowns and prep and planning and bullshit like that. That's just me, though. We want to inflate and play, not go through some fucking science project prior/during.

On the whole? If I knew pre-op that this exact dick I have today is the dick I would have post-op...I'd still say absolutely, yes, and without hesitation, let's do this.

All depends on your personal point of view of course and your experiences, physicality, partner, and goals. Implant has been indescribably impactful and positive for us. We love it. It's single-minded and unstoppable, it feels good, it immediately does anything and everything we ask of it, and often.

And the crippling mental horseshit of ED?

Poof.

All gone.

So if I ever get some glans size back somehow, great. But I live my days assuming I won't. The trade-offs tip way, way in my/our favor on this.
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

irishguy

Postby irishguy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:47 am

Same glans post as pre implant
Age 34 Implanted with a 20cm Titan, Mar 19 2013, By Doctor David Ralph in London England,
8 years with implant and after a rocky start I’m very happy with the implant

HardRon

Postby HardRon » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:12 am

I never measured my glans but my wife says in her opinion the whole penis got larger including the glans. That's why she flinches on entry. I may add that my tips go way up into the glans , I would say 3/4 up if not a little more.
Also she says she can definitely feel the glans swell up when doing oral as well as the shaft. I noticed for the first several months after the implant, if I was in a situation where I would normally fail to perform my penis felt flatter and the glans softer. After my confidence came back my glans seem normal but can still swell more with oral.
It will take time for your ED brain to fade away, this can affect glans engorgement.
I would advise get the implant with a great surgeon, so you don't end up with floppy glans, now that is something to worry about.
Good luck.
Implanted on February 7. 2018 by Dr. Andrew Kramer. 22cm plus 3cm RTE. Titan with genesis pump.
58 Years old , married 19 years. Max inflation 7.75in length x 6.5in girth.
Wife very supportive and pleased she has her man back ❤.

Bulgeboy

Postby Bulgeboy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:25 pm

My glans size has remained the same as before the operation, too.

HardRon wrote something I could not agree more "It will take time for your ED brain to fade away, this can affect glans engorgement."

Our brains play tricks.
41-y fit gay male, on TRT since 2012. Last years, severe vasculogenic ED. Problem solved with an AMS LGX 21 cm plus 0.5 cm RTE, implanted by Dr Giulio Garaffa in London, UK on Oct 14, 2020. Over 100% satisfaction. Glad to share my journey experience.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:39 pm

wunhunglo wrote:Hi,
I’ve had two video consults with Dr. Eid and am almost emotionally ready to take the leap. I’ve heard varying results regarding glans engorgement.

Can anyone share their experiences? E.g., no change, slightly smaller, so small I regret the surgery.
Thank you

I believe that if you research those men that have glans engorgement issues. You'll find that many of them have had prostate cancer. Some of the cancer surgery technics can cause glans problems. The implantation of an implant does not involve any of the blood supply to the glans.
Please be careful jumpng to conclusions on some mems experiences. We all have the same (ED) problem. But we do not all share the same medical history.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

anonymous 5

Postby anonymous 5 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:04 pm

wunhunglo wrote:I’ve heard varying results regarding glans engorgement.

The following is part of my response to another recent post about 'glans' concern (although that title doesn't alert you to what the subject of the post is about.)

1. My glans were 'normal' prior to the implant. After implant (AMS 700 CX), they don't engorge at all! [My 'dr.' mis-positioned the tubes; the right tube extends about 0,5 in (~ 1,25 cm) further than the left tip. Consequently my glans looks somewhat deformed, turning down and to the left.)

I wish you the best.
65 yo. Terrible implant surgery by dr. Grigoriev from Las Vegas Urology on 30 Jun 20. (See my post in Implants titled "Newby here: My recent (30 Jun 20), bad penile implant experience".) DO NOT GO TO HIM!

Return to “Implants”