Implanted on Wednesday...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RayChez

Re: Implanted on Wednesday...

Postby RayChez » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:01 pm

I believe my penis was not inflated as much as some of you guys. Only on my first implant they left it so inflated that it was so painful and I told the doctor at the hospital to take some of the pressure off, which he did and I felt a lot better. Second and third revision, never had a catheter on the revisions and I was an out patient both times. Much easier then the very first surgery. I also made sure to tell the surgeon that I wanted the pump at the base of my scrotum. On my first revision they left it too high and it just did not feel or look right when fully inflated. This third revision the doctor done the perfect job with the pump way down to where it is easy to find and pump, no obstruction with the base of the shaft. Sometimes you have to speak out and tell them exactly what you want.

I would not rush to cycle, there will be plenty of time for that. Once you start it is hard to keep your hands off that monster. LOL. Heal up and you will not have any problems. Sometimes some of us rush and pay the price. On my first revision I rushed to see how big the LGX would extend and I ended pulling some stitches off which scared the hell out of me. I ended up going to the ER which was kind of embarrassing, but I was worried of infection. It healed up alright, but that was my fault for rushing into things.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

sonnyjim

Postby sonnyjim » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:59 pm

They deflated my implant fully after 24 hours and today is day 5. I'm not in a rush to cycle it I just don't want to lose any length or anything like that. Not even sure if I should worry about that yet as I don't even know what my inflated length is anyway.

I might of lost length already, I wouldn't know. :?

Another thing I was a bit confused about is that some of the paperwork I have says 21 cm ams 700 + 2 x 1cm RTE. Anyone know why it says 2 x 1cm?

544kenmatt

Postby 544kenmatt » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:00 am

you have two cylinders installed and 2 rear tip extenders, 1 cm each. I believe the RTEs are at the base of your penis, or the part that is inside your body.
AMS 700 LGX 10/31/2019. age 63

sonnyjim

Postby sonnyjim » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:12 am

544kenmatt wrote:you have two cylinders installed and 2 rear tip extenders, 1 cm each. I believe the RTEs are at the base of your penis, or the part that is inside your body.

Oh OK, thank you. I just wondered because I saw it on the AMS card thing they gave me. :|

I am hoping everything heals well and goes OK because I didn't expect the recovery to be this bad. Not only the pain but getting used to being able to feel all the different things inside my body. The way the pump was installed was a little bit sloppy I'd say, I kind of have more tubing between the pump and the cylinders than I need so it takes up too much space in my scrotum. The tubes are too long, curve outwards and are constantly pressing on the top of my leg :lol: wtf.

Does it become less noticeable over time? Also because I haven't yet pumped it up, I don't know if I have soft glans or not yet. I stayed in over night and when they came to take the bandages off I was half asleep so I didn't really notice. Would they mention that to me?

I drive for a living and I'm a bit concerned with returning to work. I have two weeks off, hopefully this will be less noticeable by then so I can manage driving all day. The pain is getting better but it is still painful to sit straight in a chair.

I know it is impossible to know what my final size will be with this thing but I just wondered. Does flaccid size increase as well as erect size once you start to cycle it? And what is the different between flaccid and erect usually, how much do you grow once you are pumped vs flaccid?

Thanks guys.

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:01 am

sonnyjim wrote:I can't lie, I'm a little worried that everyone else was left inflated and I wasn't.

I'm wondering if this will have any negative effects like causing bends or anything like that? I am expecting to start cycling it next week.

Was anyone else left deflated after the second day or just me?

Don't worry. Really. My surgeon (Levine, Chicago) has a protocol which called for fully deflated post-op and cycling to begin (pending edema/swelling) 2x/day around week 4. There are a lot of variants to what different surgeons prefer. Can only speak to mine (I am 10 months out now) but trust me, you're going to be fine so long as you cycle when they tell you to and just get familiar with your new dick. And, push through the coming discomfort and uncertainty. You're about to enter a world of very big fun.
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

sonnyjim

Postby sonnyjim » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:49 pm

stephen54 wrote:
sonnyjim wrote:I can't lie, I'm a little worried that everyone else was left inflated and I wasn't.

I'm wondering if this will have any negative effects like causing bends or anything like that? I am expecting to start cycling it next week.

Don't worry. Really. My surgeon (Levine, Chicago) has a protocol which called for fully deflated post-op and cycling to begin (pending edema/swelling) 2x/day around week 4. There are a lot of variants to what different surgeons prefer. Can only speak to mine (I am 10 months out now) but trust me, you're going to be fine so long as you cycle when they tell you to and just get familiar with your new dick. And, push through the coming discomfort and uncertainty. You're about to enter a world of very big fun.

That's reassuring, thank you. My surgeon must have a similar plan for me as well then because I haven't heard anything yet.

The skin on my scrotum is really sore today, did you guys experience that? Probably with all the new 'equipment' in there but my scrotum now rubs more often than it did before :(

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:43 pm

sonnyjim wrote:
stephen54 wrote:

That's reassuring, thank you. My surgeon must have a similar plan for me as well then because I haven't heard anything yet.

The skin on my scrotum is really sore today, did you guys experience that? Probably with all the new 'equipment' in there but my scrotum now rubs more often than it did before :(

It was literally months before I could comfortably get in and out of my car (which is not THAT low to the ground). It was not soreness or swelling that was the problem (not after a few weeks). It was just the extra contents of my scrotum. I had to learn different movements. Subtle, but significant.

And, about degree of inflation: You can have your implant inflated or you can have your reservoir inflated, but not both. A reservoir that is encapsulated by post-op scar tissue makes deflating your implant to a flaccid state more difficult. And there is not easy way to force that scar tissue to relax. An implant can be forcibly inflated to relax the scar tissues around the implant by use of the pump (and VED if you and your doctor feel that would be helpful).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

sonnyjim

Postby sonnyjim » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:07 am

Thanks for all the replies guys. I never seem to run out of questions :roll:

1) How long was it before you could comfortably drive? I have to go back to work in two weeks and I'm a driver so I will be driving for 10 hours a day.

2) How careful do I need to be with this thing? I'm afraid of breaking something inside. :? Wouldn't want to go through this again any time soon. How careful do I need to be in general?

3) I'm in the UK and I had this done on the NHS. Anyone else in the UK had a revision done in the NHS? Do you just remain as a patient if you've had penile implant surgery on the NHS? I can't imagine having to be referred all over again in the event that something breaks and I need a revision?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:15 am

sonnyjim wrote:1) How long was it before you could comfortably drive? I have to go back to work in two weeks and I'm a driver so I will be driving for 10 hours a day.

Driving was not a problem. Just, when I would roll out of my driver's seat, the pump would make itself evident. Not painful, just tender.
sonnyjim wrote:2) How careful do I need to be with this thing? I'm afraid of breaking something inside. :? Wouldn't want to go through this again any time soon. How careful do I need to be in general?

The device itself is quite robust. Nothing you will ever do voluntarily will ever break the device.
sonnyjim wrote:3) I'm in the UK and I had this done on the NHS. Anyone else in the UK had a revision done in the NHS? Do you just remain as a patient if you've had penile implant surgery on the NHS? I can't imagine having to be referred all over again in the event that something breaks and I need a revision?

I have no help to give for this question.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

sonnyjim

Postby sonnyjim » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 pm

Thanks Lost Sheep ;)

Today is day 7 and the pain is still pretty bad at times. My daily routine goes like this: wake up, feel optimistic for an hour, get tired from the pain, lie down, question why I did this, go to sleep. At this point in time I am hoping I will ever be able to just walk normally again. I think I underestimated how hard the surgery was going to be. I was thinking I would be back at work in two weeks and now I don't think that's likely.

Being that I am only 30 years old, how many revisions am I likely to need? I'm guessing there is a maximum number of revisions you can have too? The most I've seen on here is 3. Does that mean that at some point in my life I will literally have no dick? Sad thought.

The days are passing me by and I'm just sitting around waiting to feel better :cry:

Return to “Implants”