Switch from 3 piece to 2 piece?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wallyworld

Switch from 3 piece to 2 piece?

Postby wallyworld » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 am

For medical reasons I may have to switch from a 3 piece to a 2 piece and I was wondering if anyone has had to do that and what their experience is like.

A little background:

Got implanted just about 2 years ago and just started to get to use the 3 piece, which I loved, when I had emergency bowel surgery that resulted in a temporary colostomy and the removal of my implant reservoir. Multiple surgeries later I finally got my guts reconnected but my abdomen is a wreck from the those 3 bowel surgeries, prior prostate removal, a preexisting umbilical hernia and preexisting diastasis recti plus a major infection from the original bowel surgery that resulted in a giant incisional abdominal hernia. See? A real mess.

The colorectal surgeon does not want my urologist to go anywhere near my abdomen which kinda makes the reservoir placement problematic. The urologist doesn't think it's that big of a deal but did say he could do a 2 piece to eliminate any risk of nicking the bowel. We're going to revisit the whole issue next February which is the soonest I can have surgery.

As an aside, I brought up the idea of just re-implanting the reservoir. While the doc had never done that he was intrigued and was going to look into it. Doesn't change any risk factors but maybe a little less invasive and faster recovery for me since I AM SICK TO DEATH OF SURGERIES AND INFECTIONS!!!!!!!!!

In the meantime I thought I would post here and see if anyone has gone from a 3 to a 2 piece and whether they were satisfied. I really, really liked the 3 piece but this is one of those situations where something that is pretty good is better than nothing. Also curious if anybody has just had pieces replaced like the reservoir or pump or whatever.

Mark
63, ED 30+ yrs. Trifecta: MS (30 yrs), RP, (10 yrs), Afib (5 yrs). Injecting 30 yrs: PGE1 - Mega-quad mix. Injections achieve no success now as I add new diseases to my resume :D . Implanted Oct 22, 2018 LGX 15 cm x 12 mm + 4 cm RTE, CONCEAL reservoir.

Agfa13

Re: Switch from 3 piece to 2 piece?

Postby Agfa13 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:49 am

2 piece? I assume you mean the malleable, which is just one piece, but two rods.
I went from a 3 piece, to 1 piece, then back to 3 piece.
The 1 piece malleable is real simple. 2 rods, bring up to fuck, put down to stow away. It is one size, no variation. If you are hung and a shower, your rods will be just that...and your size will not change.
There is nothing (no pump) to mess with, so you get your balls back in the sense of just having 2 objects in your ball sac :lol:

MY problem with the malleable was that the Dr. put in rods that were just long (short) enough to drive me nuts whenever I put on pants. It was constantly rubbing against the pants, and being uncut with a sensitive head was not a good combination. It was just long enough to do all that.
Another issue that bug that crap out of me were the spontaneous engorgements I got. When you get the malleable, that size in your pants is going to be there, which can be good. When you get the engorgement, you get the plumping of your dick, and while you are driving, it can make things really uncomfortable.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

wallyworld

Postby wallyworld » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:05 am

Thanks for the prompt response but I did mean 2 piece, not 1 piece. I double checked the terminology after I read your response to make sure I had it right. The 2 piece doesn't have a separate reservoir like the 3 piece but it is an inflatable device with a pump. That's the option I am looking at.

Mark
63, ED 30+ yrs. Trifecta: MS (30 yrs), RP, (10 yrs), Afib (5 yrs). Injecting 30 yrs: PGE1 - Mega-quad mix. Injections achieve no success now as I add new diseases to my resume :D . Implanted Oct 22, 2018 LGX 15 cm x 12 mm + 4 cm RTE, CONCEAL reservoir.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:19 am

OK, then I didn't get the 2 piece :lol:
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

544kenmatt

Postby 544kenmatt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Before my implant, I got the impression from my surgeon that the 2-piece was not the greatest option. He didn't feel that I would be satisfied with the rigidity of the 2-piece, as the reservoir will be much smaller and have a lot less fluid than the 3 piece. Something to definitely ask about. I would also inquire about having a crowded scrotum with the pump and reservoir.
AMS 700 LGX 10/31/2019. age 63

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:02 am

Last edited by FMLFML85 on Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:31 am

Agfa13 wrote:2 piece? I assume you mean the malleable, which is just one piece, but two rods.

Just in case anyone is unclear, (as Kenmatt said absolutely correctly) the two-piece is an inflatable implant. It has a pump and valve in the scrotum and inflatable tubes in the penis. The reservoir is in the rear end of the implant, in the crus. ANS Ambicor.

This necessarily means (also as Kenmatt said) the reservoir is limited in size, and consequently the inflatable tubes cannot be very large. This leads to the rear of the implant being a greater portion of the implant than a three-piece. It is still more convenient to live with than a malleable, though.

I did not see KenMatt's post before composing this one, so edited it to give him credit where credit is due.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=ams+2+pie ... 679a6cf33d

I am unaware of Coloplast having a two-piece IPP
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

wallyworld

Postby wallyworld » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:26 am

Thanks for the replies guys.

Mark

Return to “Implants”