Ams or Coloplast

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rocco84

Ams or Coloplast

Postby rocco84 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:00 pm

I will undergo this implant surgery, which model (ams or coloplast) last longer?

If its possible just write... which brand you got implanted and how long you already have it in you!?

Also which brand you had before which was malfunctioning and revisioned?

My maingoal is to undergo as less surgeries as possible.

Please support me ;)

Ronn1708

Re: Ams or Coloplast

Postby Ronn1708 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:57 pm

I think your main goal matches a lot of the guys here. I wanted a hard cock the most!! I have had 3 revisions and about to do a 4th. I've had and will keep my Titan. I have had some bad luck which most don't but just to be honest....I would go through the surgery every year if I had too.....It ain't fun and my nerves always get screwy before the surgery but I know it's worth it. I go again this Thursday. Good Luck on your decision.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:31 am

http://penisdoctor.com/comparison-of-co ... h-ams-700/

https://www.urologicalcare.com/contents ... e-implants

These 2 I found with a web search. The first only used 138 cases. The second was by a doctor that does more cases than that in a year. I would like to see a study with a greater number cases and not just a single doctor. But right now it seems more important that men look for the best implant for them rather than brand. Many things enter into that choice but 2 that come to mind are the expansion of the LGX for men who have size loss from ED and men with larger size for the Coloplast. Again many factors go into this decision. And should be talked over with a good doctor(s). All the best going forward with this. Keep asking questions and looking for answers.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Quester

Postby Quester » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:54 am

For me it’s AMS the CX model. I’ve had it a year now no real issues other than my own worries as I have a fairly tight sack and AMS pump bulb is bigger I was worried if there would be room for the boys and it. I’m happy to say the boys and the new roommate are getting along fine.

More importantly my wife likes “cock 2.0” and we are doing our best to wear out the implant.

My advice is not to worry so much about the brand of implant but the skill of the surgeon.
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

Bailey

Postby Bailey » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:29 am

rocco84, I can tell you from all the research online, & talking to the reps. from both manufacturers, why I decided on the AMS 700 LGX. My surgeon in consultation suggested the Coloplast. I think if I was a shower rather than a grower, I might have gone with the Coloplast. I like the antibiotic coating better on the AMS. I like the fact the LGX does expand over time, & mine has after15 months. I also like the fact that in the flaccid stage it’s a lot more natural than the Coloplast. After 15 months I have had no issues with my implant, & only wish I had done it several years earlier. Good luck with your decision.
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

rocco84

Postby rocco84 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:15 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:I think your main goal matches a lot of the guys here. I wanted a hard cock the most!! I have had 3 revisions and about to do a 4th. I've had and will keep my Titan. I have had some bad luck which most don't but just to be honest....I would go through the surgery every year if I had too.....It ain't fun and my nerves always get screwy before the surgery but I know it's worth it. I go again this Thursday. Good Luck on your decision.

Hello Ron, thanks for your answer, just a litte question... which brand you had always (4th revision very soon)?
Do you always had the same brand? Maybe it s cause of a brand and with another implant you would still have your first implant?

Good luck for thursday!

rocco84

Postby rocco84 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:24 pm

newbie443 wrote:http://penisdoctor.com/comparison-of-coloplast-titan-with-ams-700/

https://www.urologicalcare.com/contents ... e-implants

These 2 I found with a web search. The first only used 138 cases. The second was by a doctor that does more cases than that in a year. I would like to see a study with a greater number cases and not just a single doctor. But right now it seems more important that men look for the best implant for them rather than brand. Many things enter into that choice but 2 that come to mind are the expansion of the LGX for men who have size loss from ED and men with larger size for the Coloplast. Again many factors go into this decision. And should be talked over with a good doctor(s). All the best going forward with this. Keep asking questions and looking for answers.

Hello newbie, thanks a lot for your input! Great articles to read!
I am in contact with two guys who have an ams implant... one has his implant 3.5year... an ams cx,
and the other one has his implant now 13.5years an ams lgx.
So from that it seems an ams will be the better option for lasting long! And how it was written in Eid s article... Ams has the better tubing but not good cylinders.

Coloplast has very good cylinders but a bad tubing. Unfortunately the ams implant is so thin.. that s a big fail otherwise I would go for sure with the ams. now im thinking about which one to take.

rocco84

Postby rocco84 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Quester wrote:For me it’s AMS the CX model. I’ve had it a year now no real issues other than my own worries as I have a fairly tight sack and AMS pump bulb is bigger I was worried if there would be room for the boys and it. I’m happy to say the boys and the new roommate are getting along fine.

More importantly my wife likes “cock 2.0” and we are doing our best to wear out the implant.

My advice is not to worry so much about the brand of implant but the skill of the surgeon.

Thanks a lot for your input! Yes for sure the surgeon must be great! I guess Ive found a very good one.
The only thing is... he s only doing infrapubic incisions... so I am thinking about that, if it s a real good way to install an implant.

There are many nerves in this region and I hope it will not destroy to much of my feelings from my penis

rocco84

Postby rocco84 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Bailey wrote:rocco84, I can tell you from all the research online, & talking to the reps. from both manufacturers, why I decided on the AMS 700 LGX. My surgeon in consultation suggested the Coloplast. I think if I was a shower rather than a grower, I might have gone with the Coloplast. I like the antibiotic coating better on the AMS. I like the fact the LGX does expand over time, & mine has after15 months. I also like the fact that in the flaccid stage it’s a lot more natural than the Coloplast. After 15 months I have had no issues with my implant, & only wish I had done it several years earlier. Good luck with your decision.

Hello bailey, thanks for your answer! Yes I also like the fact of an ams that the flaccid state is so natural.
I really want to have a demo implant --- ams and coloplast --- before the surgery in my hands to feel which one will be better in my penis... especially flaccid, cause 99.9 percent of the day we are flaccid ;)

Bailey

Postby Bailey » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:27 pm

rocco84, That’s a great point about looking & holding in your hands the 2 different manufacturers. I insisted on that with my surgeon prior to my consultation. In fact he said I will implant either one, & that it’s my decision. I also looked at the fact that I’m flaccid a lot more of the time than I’m erect. My AMS is as hard as my younger days when erect, but fairly soft when flaccid. I’m still somewhat larger in the flaccid stage, but I like the way it is now in the flaccid stage more than before my implant. It’s a lot easier to find when it’s time to urinate. AMS has a great girl named Jamie in customer service that can really walk you through any issues that might arise after your surgery. This Franktalk website also is great, and all the guys were very informative & supportive before & after my surgery. Best of luck in your decision. Bailey
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

Return to “Implants”