Pump Healing Process Help (pump/varicocele tangle?)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hopeful_future

Pump Healing Process Help (pump/varicocele tangle?)

Postby hopeful_future » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:45 pm

Got some strangeness going on, and I wanted to check in with folks to see if this is "normal". Basically, there's a...well, it feels like a cushion or some sort of tissue surrounding the neck of the pump (the area between the bulb and the release valve). I've also been feeling something similar to my old varicocele on the side with the pump, up above the testicle. I guess I'm a bit worried that a vein might have wrapped around the pump or something.

In your experience during healing, are you able to clearly feel the outline of the pump (bulb, neck, and valve), or did you find that it built up some tissue around it over time?

Edit: followed the tissue up from the pump, and it definitely feels like it's connected to the veins leading from the testicle...That's...interesting. Hoping someone has had some experience with this. My followup is in 2 days as well, so I will be asking the doctor about it.
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

Frederickdave

Re: Pump Healing Process Help (pump/varicocele tangle?)

Postby Frederickdave » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 pm

I have a varicocele on the same side as my pump bulb. Was very frustrating early to not be able to feel the bulb easily because of the swelling. Ice and hot baths. Within 30 days the swelling diminished and I was able to cycle. Was hard to be patience but it all resolved in time. I'm now almost 1 year out and I'm back to normal except I can get erections again. Was worth the wait.
67y/o, implanted 9/2019, AMS CX, 18cm, 1 rte. 6" plus erect, 5 1/2 flacid. Dr Tajkarimi, Reston, VA.

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 am

Frederickdave wrote:I have a varicocele on the same side as my pump bulb. Was very frustrating early to not be able to feel the bulb easily because of the swelling. Ice and hot baths. Within 30 days the swelling diminished and I was able to cycle. Was hard to be patience but it all resolved in time. I'm now almost 1 year out and I'm back to normal except I can get erections again. Was worth the wait.
67y/o, implanted 9/2019, AMS CX, 18cm, 1 rte. 6" plus erect, 5 1/2 flacid. Dr Tajkarimi, Reston, VA.

Thanks for the info...I've been cycling, it has just been uncomfortable. The general swelling is fine, but it is definitely uncomfortable, and the veins seem to be swollen. I may start icing again, it's a great suggestion.
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:56 pm

Updating this, since someone else will almost certainly run into this problem.

Had my followup today, and the doc checked things out. He says it seems like a hydrocele, basically a swelling around the testicle from trauma to the area. He noted that I had more tenderness than the first time they deflated me, and says I probably need to back off on cycling for a bit. For the next few weeks I'm supposed to only cycle once per day at most, and go back to taking hot baths to help with healing. He also suggested regularly taking ibuprofen, which helps reduce swelling. He didn't suggest ice unless it helps with soreness, since it can constrict blood vessels and slow healing.

His suggestion was to try to lift the testicle away from the pump while pumping and deflating, but that seems like it will be quite challenging. Will have to see how it goes! I am cleared to have sex and resume daily activity regardless in the meantime!

Return to “Implants”