how long can i keep it inflated for the first time

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
proctor

how long can i keep it inflated for the first time

Postby proctor » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:00 am

is there any consesus on how long you can keep your tool inflated after surgery? is there any danger in delaying the deflation?
Any min-max time frame?
Rigicon Infla 10 AX , 18 Cm, 2 RTE, 110 ml. Dr Andrew Kramer

newbie443

Re: how long can i keep it inflated for the first time

Postby newbie443 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:48 pm

This varies from doctor to doctor. My local guys were 8 weeks when I checked 2.5 years. But one was 6 weeks when I checked not long ago. My surgeon was 3 weeks and I have read a well known NY doctor is 3 days. So that is the time after surgery that you are left inflated. After deflation most all start cycling. That would be inflating and deflating. The time left inflated during cycling is short and again will vary a bit. And the time left inflated will increase over time. You should get cycling instructions from your doctor. Then at some point you will be cleared for sex. This will depend on how the incision is healing and if you are having pain with cycling. Again this is up to your doctor. Things even vary from patient to patient as some heal faster and others slowly. Some are straight forward implants and others are more involved with problems that need correction.

Do you have a local doctor for after care? Or did your surgeon give you contact info for after care?
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:37 pm

One thing about reading all the stories on here. There is really no standard protocol. I was left inflated for 3 weeks after my first titan implant. Saw doc for an issue. He deflated it then instead of at 4 weeks. He made sure I could inflate and deflate it on my own. Mainly I could find the deflate button. The titan button is a lot harder to find than ams when your sac is still full of blood and tissue after surgery. He then just said go forth and enjoy. Which I did.

I read a lot on here and just starting cycling twice a day. For about 30 minutes each time. Pump up as far as I can. Wait a bit. Add a few more pumps. Wait. Ad a few till nothing more. If you are aching you are stretching. At about 8 months all aching stopped with my cycling. Hot tub really helped cycling.

On my revision, at almost 6 months now, I got longer cylinders and am still getting the ache when I pump up. I still pump up at least once a day for at least 30 minutes. Plus sex use.

Sad that the medical profession does not come up with standard guidelines for post implant surgery. Some doctors say pump up after just 3 days implanted. I would not have found my deflate button by then. Others say wait 4 to 6 weeks and dot touch it till then. I mean really.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 pm

I believe that I've read Karpman deflates it on day to a certain %. I've enough stories to know that if its left inflated 80+% there is more pain.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:59 pm

I was deflated the morning after surgery.
I don't think it hurt anything.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

proctor

Postby proctor » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:59 pm

Thanks all..... appreciate the advice... I will stick to Dr Kramers advice and deflate within a day unless the pain factor foces me to stop. ....I am still trying to get a good grasp of the new lay of the land...sometimes the pump seems up , somethimes its in right position...I guess I will try to be more patient....

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:09 pm

proctor wrote:is there any consesus on how long you can keep your tool inflated after surgery? is there any danger in delaying the deflation?
Any min-max time frame?

Your body will tell you when it's too much, at least mine does. In Siberia they fully inflate for the first 3 weeks. (OUCH!!!!!)
So in the real world outside of your doctor the answer is no if you don't have special issues.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

proctor

Postby proctor » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:08 pm

DougAnd wrote:
proctor wrote:is there any consesus on how long you can keep your tool inflated after surgery? is there any danger in delaying the deflation?
Any min-max time frame?

Your body will tell you when it's too much, at least mine does. In Siberia they fully inflate for the first 3 weeks. (OUCH!!!!!)
So in the real world outside of your doctor the answer is no if you don't have special issues.

Thanks

Return to “Implants”