Revision: LGX to CX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
medhatg

Re: Revision: LGX to CX

Postby medhatg » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Charlie2019 wrote:He had the LGX which expands the length. My LGX has expanded me about an inch and a half and girth over 1 inch.

I'm not contesting that the LGX expands the length, it is just "not heavy duty".

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:53 pm

medhatg wrote:
Charlie2019 wrote:He had the LGX which expands the length. My LGX has expanded me about an inch and a half and girth over 1 inch.

I'm not contesting that the LGX expands the length, it is just "not heavy duty".

I think that any implant installed thru the pubic approach gets more abuse in cowgirl position. The tubing is wrapped up, over then down to the pump. A woman that grinds on the tubing during cowgirl is really testing the limits of the implants durability. At least in my opinion.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:20 am

Its only been a month so not sure it'll stay this way but my LGX is plenty stiff when pumped up and pretty unbendable, not sure there is much to gain by switching to a CX unless you have some PD.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:42 pm

young_and_impotent wrote:Looks like you were upsized by 2 cm. Curious to know the reasoning too.

I think if you read the AMS surgery instructions. That you'll find out that he MIGHT of actually been shorted by 2cm. Depends on the RTE's used.
The way that I read the instructions. AMS says on the CX to measure the penis & select the implant length.
In the LGX section it says to measure the penis & then subtract 4cm to get the implant size. I've read it several times. No confusing what they wrote.
Now in the real world. Do the better surgeons actually subtract the 4cm? Who knows? This discrepancy may explain some men's length complaints with the LGX. I hesitated to bring this up because it seems pretty startling to me.
Now that I've read the actually instructions. I plan on grilling the heck out of my surgeon at my next (a few months away) visit. I want him to describe his process exactly. In my mind I'll compare it to what I've read. Any variation will need a detailed reason. FWIW, I like the guy. I suspect he is talented. His early career was in Academia. Thus his name is on lots of studies, many are mentioned on FT. There is at the very least one member that reports very good results with him.
I promise you guys. That I'll report back what I find out. But it will be a few months away.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Charlie2019

Postby Charlie2019 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:02 am

OregonStrong wrote:Its only been a month so not sure it'll stay this way but my LGX is plenty stiff when pumped up and pretty unbendable, not sure there is much to gain by switching to a CX unless you have some PD.

The CX only expands girth... The LGX expands length and girth... I will take a longer dick and fatter dick over just fatter any day of the week. :) So far, my dick has almost doubled in size... proof is attached.
Attachments
Before & After.jpg
Before & After.jpg (46.84 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
53 years old. 3 botched circumcisions starting at 3 years old. 2 botched reconstructive attempts, finally got the AMS LGX on Dec 14, 2017 in London Ontario by Dr. Gerry Brock. Great Dr. Love my implant

young_and_impotent

Postby young_and_impotent » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:38 am

@gt1956

Yes the manual says subtract 4 cm or in some cases 2 cm but surgeons don't really do that.

@charlie2019

I think I recognise you from your penis, welcome back :lol:
28 year old with severe lifelong ED.
Implanted in New Delhi on 26/12/19 with AMS CX (15x12) + 4cm RTE
Post op length 4.5 inches from ~ (5.5 to 6) inches. Disappointed!
Wish to have a revision to LGX some day.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:27 pm

young_and_impotent wrote:@gt1956

Yes the manual says subtract 4 cm or in some cases 2 cm but surgeons don't really do that.

I don't recall the 2cm instructions. I was shocked at the 4cm. To Americans, that means about 1.6" inches. That is a meaningful amount.
Young_and_impotent, I'm curious. How did you learn that surgeons don't follow the AMS instructions? Knowing that might change how I will approach my doctor about his method. I like to be prepared. I'm glad that you posted about it.

young_and_impotent

Postby young_and_impotent » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:38 pm

Its good to be prepared and ask your surgeon.

I know this because I have seen countless Dr Kramer videos where he doesn't do that. You can see him measuring proximally and distally and then adding the two to get the implant length. On the contrary he might round up. Even though I was implanted by the CX my surgeon also doesn't subtract by 4. There is no point of getting an LGX is you are going to subtract by 4.
28 year old with severe lifelong ED.
Implanted in New Delhi on 26/12/19 with AMS CX (15x12) + 4cm RTE
Post op length 4.5 inches from ~ (5.5 to 6) inches. Disappointed!
Wish to have a revision to LGX some day.

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:56 am

I mean the whole -4 thing kind of explains my situation pretty well… if I measured myself before surgery, that comes out to A 6.75 measurement from the pubic bone, that’s 6.3 inches distal implant In a device that measures 24 cm total with the rear tips. That would be close enough to 6.75 for me, personally… When you include my head engorgement and things, it makes perfect sense… am I understanding this correctly? someone can tell me if I’m being an idiot LOL… that’s kind of the clearest description in my mind of how a 20 cm implant could eventually equal 6.75… especially considering that it’s in the instructions… Of course, that’s if I am indeed understanding you guys correctly LOL… it would also very clearly explain the 2 cm increase the OP you got…
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:58 am

That is, of course, if I were actually cycling a functional implant to regain that length instead of blowing up an animal balloon inside a Ziploc bag like I’ve been doing for nearly 9 months…
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

Return to “Implants”