Folds/Dog Ears in AMS LGX?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
indusvalley

Re: Folds/Dog Ears in AMS LGX?

Postby indusvalley » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:17 pm

Do all implants get softer over time and dog ears become less annoying or does AMS LGX tend to be softer compared to AMS CX? I was thinking of getting CX model due to it’s reliability but if LGX has less chances of dog ears because cylinders get softer better then I will go with LGX and hope it stays reliable for over 10 years.
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:47 pm

indusvalley wrote:Do all implants get softer over time and dog ears become less annoying or does AMS LGX tend to be softer compared to AMS CX? I was thinking of getting CX model due to it’s reliability but if LGX has less chances of dog ears because cylinders get softer better then I will go with LGX and hope it stays reliable for over 10 years.

I suspect the difference between the CX and LGX as far as the folds known as "dog ears" are minimal.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Hounds68

Postby Hounds68 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:51 pm

Never having heard that description before, I was not sure how to respond, and still am not sure, HOWEVER, yes, the penis does fold when flaccid and yes, there is a noticeable sort of crease, but nothing that I have found uncomfortable or unsightly. When you have a 5.4 inch flaccid dick, few complain! Of course, fold is a subjective word, and I prefer bend.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Hounds68 wrote:Never having heard that description before, I was not sure how to respond, and still am not sure, HOWEVER, yes, the penis does fold when flaccid and yes, there is a noticeable sort of crease, but nothing that I have found uncomfortable or unsightly. When you have a 5.4 inch flaccid dick, few complain! Of course, fold is a subjective word, and I prefer bend.

What brand of implant do you have?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Hounds68

Postby Hounds68 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:36 pm

I have the AMS LGX 25cm and I am really pleased. Difficult to say about getting softer over time since Iam only into my 5th month and NOTHING is soft.

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:29 am

The Titan does dog ear when deflated. A couple of pumps resolves this. This occurs when the deflated implant leans left or right. Being 6 month post op with a Titan, it’s not as annoying as it was months ago.

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:53 am

My first implant, an LGX, developed a leak in the left dog ear/fold. All the fluid leaked out when that happened. It was only about 4.5 years old at the time it blew out. My revision surgeon says it is the most common malfunction (like bending a soda straw or garden hose or pipe back and forth - sooner or later it will break). He replaced it with a CX, saying the CX is made of slightly thicker/stronger material than the LGX. Two years later on and the CX is still going strong (although it has a troublesome "sticky" valve).

indusvalley

Postby indusvalley » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:22 pm

wolfcreek wrote:My first implant, an LGX, developed a leak in the left dog ear/fold. All the fluid leaked out when that happened. It was only about 4.5 years old at the time it blew out. My revision surgeon says it is the most common malfunction (like bending a soda straw or garden hose or pipe back and forth - sooner or later it will break). He replaced it with a CX, saying the CX is made of slightly thicker/stronger material than the LGX. Two years later on and the CX is still going strong (although it has a troublesome "sticky" valve).

Thanks for sharing your story! I honestly feel like going for a CX model instead of LGX. The more stories I read, the more I feel convinced about this.
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:23 pm

I have had the Ultrex and now the LGX and I have NO accordian folds or dog ears. :shock:
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

544kenmatt

Postby 544kenmatt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:29 am

i occasionally get a small bulge near the base, but it can be massaged away in a few seconds.
AMS 700 LGX 10/31/2019. age 63

Return to “Implants”