Swollen sack after pump replacement surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stewy78

Swollen sack after pump replacement surgery

Postby Stewy78 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:31 am

Hi, I had a surgery to replace my non working Ms pump today. My doctor used infrapubic approach like the first surgery.my ball sack extremely swollen!! Is it normal?? I attach a picture, the little thing you see is not the pump, but my right testicle
Attachments
IMG_20200619_130011229.jpg
IMG_20200619_130011229.jpg (214.97 KiB) Viewed 2053 times
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

Stewy78

Re: Swollen sack after pump replacement surgery

Postby Stewy78 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:51 am

Situation is getting worse. I'm still in hospital and I still have a drain for blood. My testicles are huge and black.
Surgeon is disappeared and he's not replying to my calls and messages. I have a different doctors that visit me every day everyone says a different thing.
I attach a pic.
Attachments
15928409699932027151549618919068.jpg
15928409699932027151549618919068.jpg (152.54 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:10 pm

That doesn't look bad to me, mine looked exactly like that, if not about twice as bruised/swollen. You probably have a small hematoma in there, and it just works its way to the skin eventually. You can still see the wrinkles in the skin, so it's not like it's under pressure/distention. My whole sack was very dark in color, but is lightening up now. The skin doesn't look inflammed/infected. I would ice, stay on your back and just give it time.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:05 am

OregonStrong wrote:That doesn't look bad to me, mine looked exactly like that, if not about twice as bruised/swollen. You probably have a small hematoma in there, and it just works its way to the skin eventually. You can still see the wrinkles in the skin, so it's not like it's under pressure/distention. My whole sack was very dark in color, but is lightening up now. The skin doesn't look inflammed/infected. I would ice, stay on your back and just give it time.

Thank for you feedback Oregon.
I'm scared because with my previous surgery I didn't have any swelling or hematoma at all in the first week. I had minor swelling later but nothing compared to this. I thought that just replacing the pump would be easier, but it's not!
Tonight I had very bad pain and standing/walking looks impossible. It appears it was a surgery complication. My surgeon told me that pump replacement has to be done through scrotum approach, but he ended up doing it using infrapubic ( without any explanation). When he removed the old pump he crushed blood vessel. In fact I was initially discharged without drain and catheter, but when he noticed the huge testicle he decided to put in blood drain and catheter.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:39 am

Steve87 wrote:
OregonStrong wrote:That doesn't look bad to me, mine looked exactly like that, if not about twice as bruised/swollen. You probably have a small hematoma in there, and it just works its way to the skin eventually. You can still see the wrinkles in the skin, so it's not like it's under pressure/distention. My whole sack was very dark in color, but is lightening up now. The skin doesn't look inflammed/infected. I would ice, stay on your back and just give it time.

Thank for you feedback Oregon.
I'm scared because with my previous surgery I didn't have any swelling or hematoma at all in the first week. I had minor swelling later but nothing compared to this. I thought that just replacing the pump would be easier, but it's not!
Tonight I had very bad pain and standing/walking looks impossible. It appears it was a surgery complication. My surgeon told me that pump replacement has to be done through scrotum approach, but he ended up doing it using infrapubic ( without any explanation). When he removed the old pump he crushed blood vessel. In fact I was initially discharged without drain and catheter, but when he noticed the huge testicle he decided to put in blood drain and catheter.

My revision was done through Infra-pubic as well. Please note that the surgeon would need to create a "pocket" within your scrotum to place the pump, and this is how you get the swelling in the scrortum. It does not look too bad for me. Are you putting ice on it?

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:02 am

I used ice on the first two days, then doctors told me to stop using it and replace it with hirudoid gel. Today blood drain should be removed and I will have to see the surgeon and go back to my city. I don't really know how will I do since standing and walking is almost impossible. Fortunately my father is here to assist me.
I attach a pic of my sack today.
Attachments
IMG_20200623_050548401.jpg
IMG_20200623_050548401.jpg (100.93 KiB) Viewed 1884 times

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:42 am

I saw surgeon and said to no worry to much and give it time, swelling should go away in about 30 days.
I'm at home now , still black and huge scrotum but pain is a little better.
I'll stay in bed and I'll try to be positive.

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:16 am

I'm pretty scared right now. Still unable to walk, and swelling is worsening. The swelling is also becoming more thick and less soft. Totally unable to feel the pump.
Surgeon said to wait but I'm really scared since instead of improving is worsening.

What do you think I should do?
Attachments
IMG_20200626_142954313.jpg
IMG_20200626_142954313.jpg (86.61 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
IMG_20200626_145958658.jpg
IMG_20200626_145958658.jpg (101.03 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:40 am

Steve87 wrote:I'm pretty scared right now. Still unable to walk, and swelling is worsening. The swelling is also becoming more thick and less soft. Totally unable to feel the pump.
Surgeon said to wait but I'm really scared since instead of improving is worsening.

Swelling will go down, but you should be wary of infection. Signs of infection:
- mild fever or not.
- hot skin.
- Lumps in groin at the crevice at the top of your thighs (lymph nodes).
- Lumps in the arm pits (lymph nodes).
- Cream color coming out of incision.
If you have ANY of the above, you need to get to emergency and be on Antibiotic right away

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:06 pm

medhatg wrote:
Steve87 wrote:I'm pretty scared right now. Still unable to walk, and swelling is worsening. The swelling is also becoming more thick and less soft. Totally unable to feel the pump.

Swelling will go down, but you should be wary of infection. Signs of infection:
- mild fever or not.
- hot skin.
- Lumps in groin at the crevice at the top of your thighs (lymph nodes).
- Lumps in the arm pits (lymph nodes).
- Cream color coming out of incision.
If you have ANY of the above, you need to get to emergency and be on Antibiotic right away

The only sign I got was a light fever yesterday (37.2°) but toady is gone.
I hope it's not an infection, surgeon said not worry about it. But since swelling is not going down and it's becoming thick I'm pretty scared.
I asked my surgeon if it's possible to drain the blood that causes the swelling but he said it's not possible because it's a risk of infection.

I know that everybody heals differently and I probably heal pretty slow, in my previous surgery I got pain in the scrotum for long time, but nothing compared to this.

I'm asking how much time does it take to recover, or at least to have little less pain and swelling and be able to walk. Right now I'm in bad all the time, it's even a big effort for me to go to the bathroom since the pain.

Return to “Implants”