Implant kaput

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dg_moore

Implant kaput

Postby dg_moore » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:57 pm

My Titan (2008) seems to have given up the ghost. The last time I inflated it, maybe 6 or 8 months ago, it worked fine. This afternoon I tried to inflate and found that the bulb collapses and takes a long time to recover. After probably 10 deep squeezes, which with the slow bulb recovery took a good half hour to achieve, I could not detect any inflation at all. I'm pretty sure it's done for good. Back when I got it I was desparate for an ED solution, but after my stroke it no longer made any difference. Getting the surgery was maybe not my best decision ever, but I guess my crystal ball was cloudy at the time. I do regret that I never had a chance to try it out, but c'est la vie.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

tomas1

Re: Implant kaput

Postby tomas1 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 pm

That's a shame on both counts.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:05 pm

hey Dg_Moore: I know you don't use it but i still understand that you may be disappointed that it doesn't work no more. But couldn't it be just the pump sticky and due to the lack of use? Otherwise, why would it fail? You are not doing any rigorous sports, i'm sure you take it easy moving around... i'd assume it's the lack of usage that's causing issues and not failing itself.

Are you going to try it again?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:27 pm

It does sound like a blocked channel (kinked tube, sticky valve etc) which could be remedied without surgery.

Staying hopeful you can once again get erect, if not for use, at least for image.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:35 pm

I actually very rarely even think about the implant - it really doesn't matter to me if it works or not. As long as it isn't causing me any kind of problem I will just continue to ignore it.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:21 pm

dg_moore wrote:I actually very rarely even think about the implant - it really doesn't matter to me if it works or not. As long as it isn't causing me any kind of problem I will just continue to ignore it.

You obviously care enough to be here writing about it. But i can imagine the personal conflict about it. I second lost sheep here...

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Hey dg_moore,

I made recent posted where I was concerned that my implant may be slowly deteriorating due to non-use. Did you ever feel that if you didnt pump for long stretches of time (1+ months) that the implants inflated shape would be different or if any kinks would form?

Thanks man.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:26 pm

Cnidium wrote:Hey dg_moore,

I made recent posted where I was concerned that my implant may be slowly deteriorating due to non-use. Did you ever feel that if you didnt pump for long stretches of time (1+ months) that the implants inflated shape would be different or if any kinks would form?

Thanks man.

I never felt that the size or shape of my implant had changed in any respect, even though I very rarely inflated it - maybe two or three tmes a year since 2008. There was never any change in how it felt, either inflated or not. Dr. Kramer advised me early on to inflate it every now and then to "keep things stretched and healthy," which is what I did.

As I said, everything was fine for 12 years, when it finally seemed to give up the ghost. Others have suggested that it might be a pump or tubing issue that could be fixed without surgery, and indeed it might, but I'm not worried about it and don't plan to follow up. As long as it's not causing any problems I'm fine with it as it is.

Return to “Implants”