Removal of Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Agfa13

Re: Removal of Implant

Postby Agfa13 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:47 am

Fred,

The solution in your pump is Saline, so if pump or reservoir was bad, yes, it can stay it. Make Dr. aware, after you see him, of just wanting to leave 'as is', until your circumstances, become better. IMHO, since you have other, underlying issues, you may just want to go with the 1-piece. Its a permanent erection, no pumping, just lift up for sex, put down when done:).
But I have to admit, I am a little confused here. You want to leave it in, yet, pain brought you to your knees?

NJ Fred

Postby NJ Fred » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:07 pm

Agfa,

I appreciate your comments. My "wanting to remove..." was spoken in frustration. I've been dealing with ED for five + years (as I'm certain others who post here have; if not longer). I ran the gauntlet of ED meds with no consistent success. Psychologically, it weighed heavily on my mind.

The implant was the court of last resort. Perhaps I did not do a thorough job of research in my lust to have my main vein "resurrected." This site has been an encyclopedia as Britannica never wrote it. As of this minute, the pain has somewhat eased. Nonetheless, I cannot seem to inflate the damned thing.

What-with the travel restrictions, the earliest I can see my Florida surgeon is mid-April. I made an appointment with Dr. Kramer (as I can drive there, not fly). However, he cannot see me till May. I am loathe to look for a local MD since none in this area seem to be well-versed in implants. Of course, should the pain be severe, I will.

The 1-piece intrigues me. I am in the process of reading about it. I am comforted when I read that some of our Bionic Brothers are on their second or third revision.

Once agai, I say thank you. I know I'll make it through just as our nation will conquer COVID-19. I am blessed with a wife who is 1000% supportive.

Be well, Agfa.

Fred
72 y/o, married 36 yrs to a lady with the patience of a Saint. Diabetic, high blood pressure - I'm a wreck! AMS 700 via Dr. Edward Becker, Palm Beach Urology, Wellington ,FL on 1/29/20.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:01 am

njfred: Being that you are a diabetic it will take you around six weeks to completely heal up. Once your stitches have been removed there is still some healing so do not rush into the pumping. I am also a borderline diabetic and on my first revision it took every bit of six weeks to heal up, but it was my own fault. I got in a rush and pumped it at four weeks and the incision come open on about a quarter of an inch. I was told by the doctor they would not restitch it that it would heal up within time. I had to apply peroxide and keep it clean. It had me worried but it eventually healed up, but it took the full six weeks. Now my glucose reading is down to around 110 and the second revision because of the MS pump failure I healed up in three weeks. So yes, it takes longer to heal if your sugar level is high. Got to watch that when a person is diabetic.
You will be just fine and you will love the implant.
Good luck!
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:42 am

Hey Fred,
You are a true warrior. I understand the emotional toll an IPP takes. Over a lifetime ED took away 1 5/8 inches. But it happened slowly so I didn't care as long as it still worked. Then I went impotent for 2 years drove me crazy so I got this done came home 20% pumped and less than 4 inches long. I was sure that at best fully pumped I was totally screwed. :shock:
Long story short it took me 9 months for my LGX to fully recover my length. Once there I quickly stopped the daily stretching routine and promptly lost 1/2 of an inch. That is still my current length 10 months later but I don't care. It works. Does that in spades and kudos. :D
If you've only lost 1/4 inch you've done better than most. I know that any sudden loss is devastating. But I finally learned that stressing over it was far worse than simply enjoying what I have. I'm no longer impotent!!!!!
Had I been born 1/2 inch shorter there would have been no issue. For me relaxing and enjoying was much more satisfying than endless daily stretching to retain that 1/2 inch. Who needs it! Not me.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Patience. Patience and more patience. If there is no infection I am not sure why you would even worry about the pain or removing the implant. The pain goes away.

Keep a close watch on your sugar. Watch your diet religiously, keep track of your temp and the color of your scrotum along with its temp. If everything looks and feels normal give it time.

Give yourself time to heal and cycle when you can. Do not rush it. If you are really worried. Call around to find a local urologist. You will find one compassionate to see you if you are having issues.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:41 pm

NJ fred, Did I miss when were you implanted? How long ago?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

NJ Fred

Postby NJ Fred » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:22 pm

oldbeek wrote:NJ fred, Did I miss when were you implanted? How long ago?

January 29th of this year.
72 y/o, married 36 yrs to a lady with the patience of a Saint. Diabetic, high blood pressure - I'm a wreck! AMS 700 via Dr. Edward Becker, Palm Beach Urology, Wellington ,FL on 1/29/20.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:31 pm

NJ Fred, Sorry to hear it's so bad you want it taken out. I hate to say but removal might cause more pain than what it is now. You've commented on my post so you know you're not the only one. It does get better, honestly.
It has been a long tough road, but looks like I'm just about at the end stretch. Hot baths, Aspercream, children's sock to cover your penis, all good things to assist you through the rough part. I still take a hot bath every other day but have been using nothing else for about a week. Still can't wear jeans though, sweat pants have been my wardrobe since surgery.
Hang in there and take care of yourself!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:15 pm

Fred, you are only 8 weeks and you have complications with diabetes . Give it time. Some heal slower than others. No way could I squeeze my release button at 4 weeks. My doctor slammed that button and I levitated through the air. Slowly got to where I could do it in a hot tube twice a day. The whole area would sting like having a sun burn. Hang in there buddy.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

NJ Fred

Postby NJ Fred » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:47 am

I begin again with an expression of thanks to everyone. All of my Bionic Brothers are stand-up guys (that's a Bronx thingy!).

I am following the twice/daily hot bath (30 min) per the kind guidance of Dr. Eid via email. In accordance with Dr. Kramer's counsel (the guy actually called me), I have an appointment with an NJ Urologist whose practice is fluent in Implants (NJ Urology in Sewell, NJ) this Wednesday morning - - assuming they don't cancel due to the pandemic.

Something I want to make clear for the information of all who read this. My implant was done by Dr. Edward Becker, Palm Beach Urology, in Wellington, FL. I have no bitch about Dr. Becker or his practice - they are tops in my book.

The handicap I, and countless others, currently face is the difficulty getting to see our MD of choice. Ed Becker "did me" during my snowbird time in Boynton Beach, FL. I saw him for several follow-up visits before we returned to Jersey. Just before the travel restrictions hit, I actually flew down for a next-day appointment. I had yet another scheduled and then COVID-19 scuttled the trip. (Hell, I actually had a roundtrip from Atlantic City, NJ to West Palm Beach, FL & back for a total of $34.80!) Dr. Becker has been quick to call me if I have extraordinary pain, etc.

Today marks just about nine calendar weeks since Dr. Becker "carved." As aforementioned, I am a diabetic with morning blood sugar hitting anywhere between 101 to 194. Before you chastise me, I can be somewhat reckless and undisciplined when it comes to my diet. Pizza and Cherry Coke are my weaknesses. I am my own executioner. I have gotten better and now shoot insulin (Novolog) before meals and it seems to be working. It supplement the 22units of Tresiba I inject every morning.

I also take a 100mg Losarten to keep my blood pressure within normal limits. Add to that a 40mg Nexium and one 81mg aspirin. Thank God I enjoy good prescription drug coverage. Shit my age is 71 - I'm a freaking wreck!

You don't need a PhD or MD to see I'm the poster child for ED. Although sometimes effective years ago, the ED pills stopped working. And the thought of sticking a needle into the old sausage - I thought about it, laughed about it and forgot about it. Hence, the implant.

I am hanging in. If either Ed Becker or a consulting, competent urologist come to opine that the AMS 700 I have needs a "revision," I will cross that bridge when I get to the toll plaza.

Meanwhile, I appreciate you Brothers. And I'm with you for the duration!

Sidenote: I always knew our ladies faced tons of medical challenges via their vaginas. Facing this with my "main vein" I feel I have (somewhat) walked in their shoes - - but no tampons, that's where I abandon ship!

Be well, Brothers. America is gonna beat this 'effing virus and we will all live to get our money's worth from our reborn penises!!!

Return to “Implants”