Removal of Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NJ Fred

Removal of Implant

Postby NJ Fred » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:47 pm

Can a penile implant be removed? If so, is the bit of length that was lost recovered?
72 y/o, married 36 yrs to a lady with the patience of a Saint. Diabetic, high blood pressure - I'm a wreck! AMS 700 via Dr. Edward Becker, Palm Beach Urology, Wellington ,FL on 1/29/20.

dg_moore

Re: Removal of Implant

Postby dg_moore » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:18 pm

An implant can certainly be removed, but once that happens there is virtually no chance of erection any more, or any likelihood of restored or increased length.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Yeah, what he ^^^ said!
Implants are a one-way street/journey. Once you got it, there is nothing to reverse it short of having a sex change that is a whole different ballgame :lol: !
Please give us some background.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

NJ Fred

Postby NJ Fred » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:31 am

Thank you immensely!

IT STAYS IN!!!
72 y/o, married 36 yrs to a lady with the patience of a Saint. Diabetic, high blood pressure - I'm a wreck! AMS 700 via Dr. Edward Becker, Palm Beach Urology, Wellington ,FL on 1/29/20.

Crtrader

Postby Crtrader » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:38 am

Why did you want it out?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:13 pm

NJ Fred wrote:Thank you immensely!

IT STAYS IN!!!

I read your other posts. It appears you were on a road to full function (albeit slower than hoped because of your diabetes). How is it that the thought of removal even came up at all?

Also, details of your pre- and post- op conditions and size and type of implant might be helpful for us to understand your questions.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:40 pm

NJ Fred,

Please reply, aside from what LS said, because this forum was created so we all help one another in some form or another. I have been through this forum at length, and cannot find anyone who was/went in my shoes.
I am able to give limited feedback in the sense of what I went through, had, and picked up.
Why are you deciding that it stays in?
Is implant staying in based on what we said?
Is this temporary?

NJ Fred

Postby NJ Fred » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Let me reply to several of the points raised in reply to my original message.

I know I have an AMS 700. I am not sure of the size. As relates strictly to size, I seem to have lost a
just over 1/4 of an inch in penis length.

I had the implant done because it was my court of last resort. ED meds did me no good. My diabetes went berserk - probably because I sat on my caboose drinking and wolfing down things I should not have ingested. I visited my endocrinologist two weeks ago. After reading me the riot act (I thank him), he adjusted my meds. I am now more attentive to my blood sugar. I've gone from a morning reading of 267 down to 99 - and for me, that's an achievement.

I thought about having it removed because the ongoing discomfort and pain was bringing me to my knees emotionally. Since penning my last post I've spoken with my surgeon. It is his professional opinion that my healing is happening at a snail's pace due to my elevated blood sugar; my sugar was 154 the day of surgery on January 29th.

As my handle implies, I reside in New Jersey. I had an appointment in his Wellington, Florida office this coming Monday (roundtrip air from Atlantic City to West Palm Beach = $34.80 on Spirit). However, that was scuttled given the new travel restrictions; which I fully support.

I am bridling my emotions. Partly due to the tolerance of my wife (who threatened to crown me with a rolling pin) and partly due to the counsel of my surgeon. I am not trying to inflate the contraption as I do not want to aggravate the pain down below.

I reprise my gratitude to all who have chimed in and shared their own experience and offered encouragement. I am not a "pussy." Like others here, I am a Vietnam Veteran and did, in fact, work in the 9/11 rescue/recovery operations. Just had to stop feeling sorry for myself. I went into this with my eyea and my mind wide open.

To be continued - with a smile, I hope...

Fred

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:53 pm

Oh, then you are one of the lucky 3% to have difficulties...welcum to my world (being sarcastic).
You have not been deflated yet? Or have you been given the green light to cycle?
If its deflation, I really feel bad for you. After my 1st implant, I was going crazy after the 2nd week because being inflated was just too much. I actually sighed in the Dr. office when he deflated me, lol.
As for the cycling, I am getting ready to do that, although just enough to start myself going. Not a full inflation until I see him. I think I have a kink, mentioned it in my person thread, but will pump soon. Thankfully, no pain. Because of my infection, this 3rd surgery, he did not inflate me post-op.

NJ Fred

Postby NJ Fred » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:55 pm

I am, in fact, "deflated." MD acknowledged the slim possibility the device is defective. And that cannot be determined till I see him once I am able to travel to his office - - hopefully in a week or so.

In the interim, I am going to make an appointment to see a local urology group fluent in implants.

Thanks.

Fred

Return to “Implants”