Dr. Eid - Preop Labs and Clearance

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
username_taken29

Dr. Eid - Preop Labs and Clearance

Postby username_taken29 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi there,

I've received the pre-ob labs and clearance forms required for surgery with Dr. Eid.

Question - where do you take these forms to get tested?

Clearance form
- It looks like a comprehensive medical note which discusses the patient’s current medical issues particularly focused on cardiovascular health is requested by the anesthesia staff. Also, the patient's peri-operative requirements and written permission to proceed is requested. Do you take this directly to a cardiologist to complete?

Pre-Op Labs
- Looks like the patient needs: EKG, CBC, comprehensive metabolic panel, PT/PTT/INR, and urinalysis and culture
- Do you take this directly to a lab to complete and send back to Eid?

I am based in Canada. I'll also confirm with his office, but just wondering what people typically do.

Thanks!

Cajun Jeff

Re: Dr. Eid - Preop Labs and Clearance

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Not sure how you do that in Canada. Here in the US we bring it to our General Practitioner Dr. I know there is someone that had surgery with Dr Eid I think on Jan 9. He had his done the same time as MagicMike and they know each other. He can at least point you in that guys direction.. Send MagicMike a Private message.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

peyroniesjr

Postby peyroniesjr » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:02 pm

Good Evening,

I went to a cardiologist for the EKG & Cardio clearance. I think it may depend if you have high blood pressure &/or high blood pressure.

I got additional paperwork to go to a local lab for bloodwork.

I am scheduled to be bionic on 2/21, I will have a doppler on 2/18, on 2/19 some type of scope of the urethra/bladder checking for strictures?

& 2 days later the implant surgery. I have also scheduled postop on the following Monday for activation. I will either leave on Monday or Tuesday to go v=back home.

Junior
Implant Titan 2/21/2020 / 67 yrs / Married 44 yrs /ED / Peyronies 70 degrees - Xiaflex/ Low T / & RALP 4/1/2019 (Nerve Sparing)

St1pan2019

Postby St1pan2019 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:47 pm

username_taken29 wrote:Hi there,

I've received the pre-ob labs and clearance forms required for surgery with Dr. Eid.

Question - where do you take these forms to get tested?

Clearance form
- It looks like a comprehensive medical note which discusses the patient’s current medical issues particularly focused on cardiovascular health is requested by the anesthesia staff. Also, the patient's peri-operative requirements and written permission to proceed is requested. Do you take this directly to a cardiologist to complete?

Pre-Op Labs
- Looks like the patient needs: EKG, CBC, comprehensive metabolic panel, PT/PTT/INR, and urinalysis and culture
- Do you take this directly to a lab to complete and send back to Eid?

I am based in Canada. I'll also confirm with his office, but just wondering what people typically do.

Thanks!

Definitely get to a cardiologist for the Echo and his note for clearance on surgery. As for blood work and urinalysis just head to your nearest blood lab (Life Labs is where I went and I was able to print off my own results online after setting up and registering on the site). Just scan and fax everything to Eids office. You should be good to go!
40 yrs old, ED from Scleroderma since 2010, married since 2004, was using VED/rings for sex as injections/pills didn't work, Also on Testosterone injection therapy
Implanted 1/9/2020
Dr. Eid, Titan Touch 20+1cm rte
Reside in Ontario, Canada

TangoGolf

Postby TangoGolf » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:13 pm

I am a patient of Dr. Eid and had surgery 3 weeks ago, on January 21st. I am a resident of the US and my surgery was covered by health insurance. I made 4 trips to NYC for two preliminary appointments, one for surgery, and a follow-up for suture removal.

I went to my local family doctor for the EKG (cardio clearance), a physical exam, and to have blood drawn for the labs. I do not have any cardiac issues, therefore no cardiologist. I have been a patient at my doctor's clinic for about 25 or 30 years, so they have a pretty comprehensive history on me and felt comfortable providing EKG results and cardiac clearance.

Dr. Eid will perform a couple of exams in his office including a Doppler test (non-invasive pubic ultrasound, after a penile injection) looking at erectile blood flow, and a cystoscopy (invasive bladder & urethra videos).

For most of us US residents, there are a couple of weeks between each of the Dr. Eid visits to allow the USA based health insurance to get paperwork and permissions/denial back to Dr. Eid.

BTW, in my opinion, you have chosen very wisely to place your trust in Dr. Eid. I will be 3 weeks post surgery tomorrow and consider myself about 90% healed. I had almost no bruising, and was cycling the pump on post-op day 3. On post-op day 15, he gave me the green light to take my implant out for a test drive after I had the stitches removed last Thursday, February 6th. My wife and I are both very pleased with his work.
TangoGolf - aka Tom, upstate NY, USA
- implanted w/Titan by Dr. Eid Jan 2020, veinous leakage
- activated on day 3, still ecstatic with it
- very satisfied with Dr. Eid, both the man and his work

Return to “Implants”