Reservoir volume...how much is too much or too less?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Vin301908

Reservoir volume...how much is too much or too less?

Postby Vin301908 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Hello there..Happy holidays everyone. I had my implant with Dr.Eid on 12/20 and recovering nicely at home.Started cycling. I was looking at discharge notes from the hospital and it says i have a 20 cm Coloplast Titan with a 1 cm RTE and a 75 cc reservoir. Question to friends on this forum - is 75 CC reservoir too small? I trust the doc and am sure i will be asking him when i go to get my sutures removed in a week. I am not inflating completely yet due to soreness but have started cycling as advised as if the 3rd day post op. I was 5.75 inches erect pre peyronies and ED and now am at close to 4.75 inches with about 70% inflation i think.
41 yr old, with ED for the last 20 years, discovered thru a visit with Dr. Eid 2 months ago due to both venous leaks and Peyronie's disease. Scheduled implant fast and had my implant with Dr.Eid on 12/20/19. So far so good. COLOPLAST titan 20 CM 75CC.

navy6587

Re: Reservoir volume...how much is too much or too less?

Postby navy6587 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:12 pm

Hey, Vin..., I used to think that a 75cc reservoir was too small for my 22 cm Coloplast Titan touch when I was implanted on 11/8/18 in Richmond, Virginia by my surgical moron. I had read many FT'ers stories who were implanted by some of the world's highest volume surgeons and became used to seeing 100/ 125cc reservoirs used by Eid (for example) when he 'installed' a Titan 20 cm. Imagine my chagrin when I read my surgical notes and found that I had a 75 cc reservoir. I emailed Dr. Eid twice for a refuting comment and he responded the same day saying that, in essence, the 22 cm Titan could operate very well with the smaller reservoir size. All depended upon the surgeon's product rep and his decision. I was pissed but dropped the issue (and fired the surgeon after the fact). Now, over a year post-op, I am satisfied with the whole thing EXCEPT that I never needed the additional girth that Coloplast touts with their products. Pre-op, I measured 6.75" erect with almost 5.75" in girth. That size was just fine with both me and the mrs. I just needed something to KEEP me erect once sexually excited. In my opinion, I would have been much better off with the AMS equivalent since I KNEW my penis' anatomy when hard. My surgeon NEVER checked me except to pull my flaccid penis by my glans and then (I guess), used the procedure to get the distal and proximal measurements that added up to 22cms. Now I'm oval instead of the round shape I was pre-op! He also used one 2 cm RTE on each side as anchors in my crus. Anyway, that's my story...take it for what it's worth but KNOW your own anatomy and, if you don't get a good answer/ any answer from your surgeon of choice, FIRE him/ her BEFORE the procedure.
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

St1pan2019

Postby St1pan2019 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:20 pm

Why is that guys with similar size Titans sometimes vary with the size of the reservoir volume? Is it that the guys with the smaller volume reservoir have the thinner model Titan?
40 yrs old, ED from Scleroderma since 2010, married since 2004, was using VED/rings for sex as injections/pills didn't work, Also on Testosterone injection therapy
Implanted 1/9/2020
Dr. Eid, Titan Touch 20+1cm rte
Reside in Ontario, Canada

Vin301908

Postby Vin301908 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:27 pm

navy6587 wrote:Hey, Vin..., I used to think that a 75cc reservoir was too small for my 22 cm Coloplast Titan touch when I was implanted on 11/8/18 in Richmond, Virginia by my surgical moron. I had read many FT'ers stories who were implanted by some of the world's highest volume surgeons and became used to seeing 100/ 125cc reservoirs used by Eid (for example) when he 'installed' a Titan 20 cm. Imagine my chagrin when I read my surgical notes and found that I had a 75 cc reservoir. I emailed Dr. Eid twice for a refuting comment and he responded the same day saying that, in essence, the 22 cm Titan could operate very well with the smaller reservoir size. All depended upon the surgeon's product rep and his decision. I was pissed but dropped the issue (and fired the surgeon after the fact). Now, over a year post-op, I am satisfied with the whole thing EXCEPT that I never needed the additional girth that Coloplast touts with their products. Pre-op, I measured 6.75" erect with almost 5.75" in girth. That size was just fine with both me and the mrs. I just needed something to KEEP me erect once sexually excited. In my opinion, I would have been much better off with the AMS equivalent since I KNEW my penis' anatomy when hard. My surgeon NEVER checked me except to pull my flaccid penis by my glans and then (I guess), used the procedure to get the distal and proximal measurements that added up to 22cms. Now I'm oval instead of the round shape I was pre-op! He also used one 2 cm RTE on each side as anchors in my crus. Anyway, that's my story...take it for what it's worth but KNOW your own anatomy and, if you don't get a good answer/ any answer from your surgeon of choice, FIRE him/ her BEFORE the procedure.

Thanks Navy 6587. And you are right, every body and their anatomy is different. I will ask the question with Dr.Eid when i go for my sutures to be removed in 9 days, but a little dissapointed with post op size though i know it is early and i need to show patience and keep cycling. Glad things are well now.
41 yr old, with ED for the last 20 years, discovered thru a visit with Dr. Eid 2 months ago due to both venous leaks and Peyronie's disease. Scheduled implant fast and had my implant with Dr.Eid on 12/20/19. So far so good. COLOPLAST titan 20 CM 75CC.

Vin301908

Postby Vin301908 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:43 pm

St1pan2019 wrote:Why is that guys with similar size Titans sometimes vary with the size of the reservoir volume? Is it that the guys with the smaller volume reservoir have the thinner model Titan?

Really good question and i am wondering why that is as well. But, i did not get a narrow titan. I got the tegular one. So, even more perplexing. Also, with titan, i do have a more of an oval lok
Ol and i am hoping i dont regret the choice. Othereise, for Day 6 things are as gooas it can be i think.Getting by with advil twice a day and started cycling Day 3 post op.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:37 pm

You guys do realize that it is easy to only put 75cc's of saline into a 100cc reservoir. There has to be other deciding factors in the surgeons choice of reservoir size.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:22 pm

I have a more oval shape post-op with my AMS LGX than I had before surgery.

It is what it is and it works better than before. I am happy with my outcome.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:24 pm

It Is interesting. I got an 18 cm titan, plus 1 rte but 125cc reservoir. I will say when I am fully pumped my bulb never gets soft. It is always full of fluid.

At 9 months after implant I just hit 6.5 inches. I am still .5 inches from pre ed length, but peyronies hit me hard with the curve, the dent, and plaque. I do not think I will get anymore length from this one.

If not, we are still happy with where we are now. If I ever get that 20 cm in the future I might get my old length back. Girth is already back.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:52 am

I am in the same boat. 20 cm titan, 1cm RTE, 75 cc fluid in reservoir.

My Dr told me that a good pump puts 1 cc into the cylinders. So, if you use all 75 cc, you will need 75 good pumps to inflate them. I don't know you, but I am not able to pump more than 30 good pumps into my prothesis. And I have not read anybody able to give 75 here. I am 3 months and a half after surgery.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

PeaceofPain07

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:18 pm

Vin301908 wrote:Hello there..Happy holidays everyone. I had my implant with Dr.Eid on 12/20 and recovering nicely at home.Started cycling. I was looking at discharge notes from the hospital and it says i have a 20 cm Coloplast Titan with a 1 cm RTE and a 75 cc reservoir. Question to friends on this forum - is 75 CC reservoir too small? I trust the doc and am sure i will be asking him when i go to get my sutures removed in a week. I am not inflating completely yet due to soreness but have started cycling as advised as if the 3rd day post op. I was 5.75 inches erect pre peyronies and ED and now am at close to 4.75 inches with about 70% inflation i think.

Hi Vin,
Coincidence how we have almost the same story and doctor. Ever find out why a 75CC reservoir was used, and the pros/cons to using a smaller reservoir? Get your length back after moderate cycling? Take care.
Born 1986. Implanted 3/21, Eid. Titan 20cm + 1RTE. 5'11 178lbs.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

Return to “Implants”