Chicago/Indy area surgeons

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Randy461

Chicago/Indy area surgeons

Postby Randy461 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:55 am

Hoping to have implant in the next year. I am in the Indianapolis area. Has anyone had any experiences with world class surgeons in the Chicago/Indianapolis areas?
60 yrs old. Prostate cancer diagnosed 2017, prostatectomy Dec. 2017. Ed following surgery, pills, VED, shots with so so results. Implanted by Dr. Alex Tatem, Indianapolis on 4/28/2021 with Titan 18 cm with 1 RTE

oldbeek

Re: Chicago/Indy area surgeons

Postby oldbeek » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Look at the header. Physician finder. I saw Dr Bales in chicago that specializes in implants. Don't know anything about him
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:59 pm

As far as midwest implant surgeons go, the following names keep coming up:

Dr. Laurence Levine, Rush University, Chicago
Dr. David Paolone, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Dr. Tobias Kohler, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN

If you search this site I believe you will find at least some comments about each.

I have not selected an implant surgeon yet - so do your own homework and please let us know what you find out.
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

NeedleD

Postby NeedleD » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Skier123 wrote:As far as midwest implant surgeons go, the following names keep coming up:

If you search this site I believe you will find at least some comments about each.

I have not selected an implant surgeon yet - so do your own homework and please let us know what you find out.

I know Dr.Levine, he has done over 3000 implants, I am "hoping" to get one performed by him. (Prefers Peno-scrotal)
He's with Uropartners Chicago at Rush Hospital. (1st class hospital).
Use Super Quadmix due to severe Venous leak.Have a GREAT DAY!

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:56 pm

NeedleD wrote:
Skier123 wrote:As far as midwest implant surgeons go, the following names keep coming up:

I know Dr.Levine, he has done over 3000 implants, I am "hoping" to get one performed by him. (Prefers Peno-scrotal)

His video does not mention IPP as a specialty. Good to hear he is a high volume Dr. He has been at Rush for 18 years though.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

NeedleD

Postby NeedleD » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:53 am

oldbeek wrote:
NeedleD wrote:

His video does not mention IPP as a specialty. Good to hear he is a high volume Dr. He has been at Rush for 18 years though.

He's also pioneered many advancements in male urology especially the treatment of peyronie's disease.
Use Super Quadmix due to severe Venous leak.Have a GREAT DAY!

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:03 pm

oldbeek wrote:Look at the header. Physician finder. I saw Dr Bales in chicago that specializes in implants. Don't know anything about him

One guy's opinion here and nothing more - but I do not recommend Dr Bales in the context of energetically, seriously exploring an implant. He's a very nice guy and I'm sure a very good urologist but he will do everything in his power to keep you away from implantation. Even at the end of my 9 year run with injections, and the serious pain I was having and the fibrotic tissue and bruising and everything...he literally rolled his eyes at talk of implantation, said "you don't want to go down that road". He may DO the occasional implant, for sure, but his core area of interests in urology are NOT implants. Ask the right questions, press hard for specificity, and gauge the conversation and reactions.

I went with Laurence Levine earlier this week and I'm only on day 5 post-op, for sure, but he's a high volume perfectionist in my opinion. I feel good and I trust that guy implicitly.

Again, just one guy's humble opinion...
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:39 pm

I went with a doc in cincinnatti due to logistics. Totally happy. I think last year he was doing 1 to 2 a week. He right sized me. Stretched at 6. Got that back pretty quick. Now at 6.5 and working on passing that. Might not get back to pre ed 7 but I had bad peyronies and almost no erections for 3 years.

I hope with a revision in many years I get another cm added to get me back to pre ed size.

Happy, straight and hard and no curve at all. Oh my doc also said he did not use rtes unless necessary due to between lengths or tube placement.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”