Young male 27 from the uk , experiences with Dr Ralph ?!?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Barnowl

Young male 27 from the uk , experiences with Dr Ralph ?!?

Postby Barnowl » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:58 pm

I’ve decided to go down the implant route regardless , my first choice is Eid but the travel corners me if there is complications afterwards , I have Dr Ralph from London not so far away but I can’t find to much about him. Dose anyone have any experience of him ? Good or bad ?

All answers are much appreciated

UK_Steve

Re: Young male 27 from the uk , experiences with Dr Ralph ?!?

Postby UK_Steve » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:55 pm

I was implanted by Professor Ralph about 8 months ago and I would fully recommend him. He is a high volume implanter ie last year he carried out over 250 implants.

Here's a link to my diary. If you have any questions feel free to get back to me.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12098

ATB
Steve
65 years old
Diagnosed with PC in August 2017 - Biopsy Gleason 4+5=9
Radical Prostatectomy 14/12/17 no nerves spared - PSA now undetectable. ED since op. Tried MUSE and injections without success.
Titan 22cm + 1cm - 25/03/19 by Mr Ralph in London UK

Barnowl

Postby Barnowl » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks Steve , have you heard from anyone else what kind of experiences they’ve had ?
From initial contact , how long after that till you had the implant ?
Do you know what his infection rate is ?
It’s all so stressful haha I just want it done !

UK_Steve

Postby UK_Steve » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:42 pm

I don't know of anyone who has had their implant carried out by Dr Ralph although there are a few on here considering it.

As best as I can remember I had to wait about 3 weeks to get the initial consultation. My operation was about 5 weeks after the consultation with him.

I don't know what his infection rate is.

Are you considering going private or NHS?

On page 5 of my diary I have listed all my questions & Dr Ralph's answers which may be of interest to you.

Make sure you've exhausted all other options before going ahead with an implant. I can however assure you that if you decide this is the only option, then you're not going to be disappointed!
65 years old
Diagnosed with PC in August 2017 - Biopsy Gleason 4+5=9
Radical Prostatectomy 14/12/17 no nerves spared - PSA now undetectable. ED since op. Tried MUSE and injections without success.
Titan 22cm + 1cm - 25/03/19 by Mr Ralph in London UK

Bluewhippet

Postby Bluewhippet » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:35 am

Although his implant took place several years ago, Rugby Dave gave a very detailed account of his LGX implant carried out by Mr Ralph. See http://rugbydave.blogspot.com/
80 year old Type2 diabetic, long term ED, pills then injections PGE1. After 4 years they became less effective. Implanted 20/3/2018 by NHS. AMS 700 CX 15+4 cm with MS pump. Never had any significant pain. Still working perfectly and used regularly.

Josephette

Postby Josephette » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:04 am

Hi Barnowl,

I private messaged you a few days back and not heard anything back. No offence taken. I'm just letting you know, i know first hand how frustrating the NHS is for young guys with ED. Nearly all health professionals will turn you away or say your ED is psychological based as I've experienced this. I'm your age and have had ED for 3 years and now coming into its 4th. You will have to go through the medical route first and complete all 1st and 2nd line treatments before an implant is even considered in the UK.

You will have to book an appointment with your GP and be persistent that there is something wrong with your erections and your penis isn't working and then demand (in a polite way, forcefully request) a referral to a urologist and do not leave the GP's office unless your request is granted. It's your RIGHT to be referred upon request and GP'S CANNOT refuse this. i had this same issue as my GP wasn't taking me seriously and i had to book a few appointments with him before something was done.

I am under the NHS (Manchester)and private care under Dr Ralph (London- who you are considering going to). I know for a fact Dr Ralph will outright refuse to perform an implant procedure as you haven't tried 1st line and 2nd line treatments and there is no apparent cause for your ED therefore, it'll be pointless booking an implant procedure consultation with him. As a side note, Dr Ralph isn't a money grabbing doctor and always looks at the best interest of his patients in the private sector. I've experienced this first hand.

You also need to be realistic as well. A penile implant is second rated penis and nothing compares to an original blood filled erection. You haven't utilised 1st/2nd line treatments therefore there is sill the possibility to save your penis. It seems you are being impatient and wanting a penile implant. People do go on about how amazing the implant is but ive spoken in depth about this with my andrologist and other people who have had implants and they say otherwise. My andrologist backs this up with academic evidence and people he and others have implanted. You might want to take a look at the journal of 'merrix' in regards to his implant journey. It's very honest and thorough into the paractical and mental aspect of an implant journey.

Also, you mention you want to go to Dr Ralph privately for an implant or even travel to USA to see Dr Eid for surgery. The way you write this gives off the impression you have disposal of atleast £10,000- £15,000 at your fingertips. If this is the case, my advice for you would be to bypass the NHS and go privately for 1st line and 2nd line treatments for ED because the timescale in between appointments for ED under the NHS for 1st line and 2nd line treatments are long and it will take minimum 3 years for all 1st line and 2nd line treatments to be completed (possibly longer like in my case).

I'm almost coming to the end of the 2nd line treatments (completed 1st line) under the NHS and it's taken over 3 years and now coming to its 4th year. If i went privately, the 1st line and 2nd line treatments would've taken 1 year or even less but my financial situation didn't allow me.

Lastly, as I am your age (from the UK) and understand the system, understand what you are going through and difficulties of the process, I'm more than willing to speak over the phone about this and help you out. If you would like to take this offer on board them PM me and we'll take it from there.

All the best

Josephette
UK, ENGLAND. Implanted by Dr David Ralph on September 2020 with a AMS 700 LGX. 28 years old.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi chaps,

I'm a 32 year old male waiting for an implant on the NHS.
My ED is severe, I can't get a decent erection without a pump, and even with the rings that does not last long. No nocturnals ...anyway, I digress.

I didn't know they used injections on the NHS. I wouldn't be keen on them myself anyway, but regardless, I thought it was an American only thing.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Barnowl

Postby Barnowl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:18 pm

UK_Steve wrote:I don't know of anyone who has had their implant carried out by Dr Ralph although there are a few on here considering it.

As best as I can remember I had to wait about 3 weeks to get the initial consultation. My operation was about 5 weeks after the consultation with him.

I don't know what his infection rate is.

Are you considering going private or NHS?

On page 5 of my diary I have listed all my questions & Dr Ralph's answers which may be of interest to you.

Make sure you've exhausted all other options before going ahead with an implant. I can however assure you that if you decide this is the only option, then you're not going to be disappointed!

thanks for the reply , im going to go with dr.eid , infection is my only concern to be honest and the fact everything takes so long , soooo mentally draining

Barnowl

Postby Barnowl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:20 pm

Josephette wrote:Hi Barnowl,

I private messaged you a few days back and not heard anything back. No offence taken. I'm just letting you know, i know first hand how frustrating the NHS is for young guys with ED. Nearly all health professionals will turn you away or say your ED is psychological based as I've experienced this. I'm your age and have had ED for 3 years and now coming into its 4th. You will have to go through the medical route first and complete all 1st and 2nd line treatments before an implant is even considered in the UK.

You will have to book an appointment with your GP and be persistent that there is something wrong with your erections and your penis isn't working and then demand (in a polite way, forcefully request) a referral to a urologist and do not leave the GP's office unless your request is granted. It's your RIGHT to be referred upon request and GP'S CANNOT refuse this. i had this same issue as my GP wasn't taking me seriously and i had to book a few appointments with him before something was done.

I am under the NHS (Manchester)and private care under Dr Ralph (London- who you are considering going to). I know for a fact Dr Ralph will outright refuse to perform an implant procedure as you haven't tried 1st line and 2nd line treatments and there is no apparent cause for your ED therefore, it'll be pointless booking an implant procedure consultation with him. As a side note, Dr Ralph isn't a money grabbing doctor and always looks at the best interest of his patients in the private sector. I've experienced this first hand.

You also need to be realistic as well. A penile implant is second rated penis and nothing compares to an original blood filled erection. You haven't utilised 1st/2nd line treatments therefore there is sill the possibility to save your penis. It seems you are being impatient and wanting a penile implant. People do go on about how amazing the implant is but ive spoken in depth about this with my andrologist and other people who have had implants and they say otherwise. My andrologist backs this up with academic evidence and people he and others have implanted. You might want to take a look at the journal of 'merrix' in regards to his implant journey. It's very honest and thorough into the paractical and mental aspect of an implant journey.

Also, you mention you want to go to Dr Ralph privately for an implant or even travel to USA to see Dr Eid for surgery. The way you write this gives off the impression you have disposal of atleast £10,000- £15,000 at your fingertips. If this is the case, my advice for you would be to bypass the NHS and go privately for 1st line and 2nd line treatments for ED because the timescale in between appointments for ED under the NHS for 1st line and 2nd line treatments are long and it will take minimum 3 years for all 1st line and 2nd line treatments to be completed (possibly longer like in my case).

I'm almost coming to the end of the 2nd line treatments (completed 1st line) under the NHS and it's taken over 3 years and now coming to its 4th year. If i went privately, the 1st line and 2nd line treatments would've taken 1 year or even less but my financial situation didn't allow me.

Lastly, as I am your age (from the UK) and understand the system, understand what you are going through and difficulties of the process, I'm more than willing to speak over the phone about this and help you out. If you would like to take this offer on board them PM me and we'll take it from there.

All the best

Josephette

thanks for the reply , private messages don't show up on iphones , ive pm'd you

Barnowl

Postby Barnowl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:25 pm

LeRoastBeef wrote:Hi chaps,

I'm a 32 year old male waiting for an implant on the NHS.
My ED is severe, I can't get a decent erection without a pump, and even with the rings that does not last long. No nocturnals ...anyway, I digress.

I didn't know they used injections on the NHS. I wouldn't be keen on them myself anyway, but regardless, I thought it was an American only thing.

hey mate im in the same situation , been like this since I was 18 , just managed to keep myself busy with sport and friends but its reached a point now and im done , if im struggling to hold an erection whilst masturbating what have I got to loose by getting an implant ??local gp's aren't interested , all I get is your young and healthy so it must be in your head , ive met some truly wonderful girls and everytime ive had to push them away , im going to go private and that will likely be with dr.Eid ! infection is my one and only concern

Return to “Implants”