3 Drs. Three surgeries still not right.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jollyhellfarter

3 Drs. Three surgeries still not right.

Postby Jollyhellfarter » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Wtf. Relatively simple operation and they cant get this right what if someone had to have heart surgery.
1st surgery. Used implant I did not choose and was very specific about. Wanted lgx, Dr. Used CX said it was cause scarring, no sign of scarring by this Dr. Seen or new Dr. But somehow wanted to use one I didnt authorize. And put implant that was 4 cm to large inside me causing massive paid and deformity.
2nd surgery. Dr. Used cx implant again but left one side significantly shorter.
3rd surgery. New Dr. Used titan, but the pump auto inflates several times per day. And the corporotomy was placed half way up my penis not allowing even close to full penetration. Numbness and pain.
I would not recommend this surgery to anyone. I am now inside Dr. Office and awaiting nurse practitioner to tell me WHAT I already know. I will need a 4th surgery. Like wtf. Thinking about another Dr. Who should I go to. I am in st.Louis area
44 yr. Old. White male. Average size. Healthy, Dr. Goldenberg, implanted nov. 13th 2018. Worst decision ever. Was adamant lgx, but dr. Decided cx when under. 1 cylinder 14 mm short. Buckling since day of surgery, whether flaccid or erect.

Snoozdoc

Re: 3 Drs. Three surgeries still not right.

Postby Snoozdoc » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi.

Yes, it seems to be a crapshoot unless you go to one of the top four, which I often wish I had. Not that they are infallible, or guarantee perfection, but at least they won’t leave you wondering if it could’ve been done better.

Re auto-inflation, this is quite frustrating. Not sure what is going on there. The deflate valve appears to be able to flow in two directions. So if the reservoir (not the pump) is under any pressure from gravity or abdominal muscles, saline is going to flow back into the cylinders until and equilibrium is reached. I hate it. When I want it flaccid, I want it flaccid so I can wear normal clothes without pain of a semi hard shaft. I tried that pump squeeze but it didnt work. Never felt “pop” everyone speaks fondly of.

Anyway, hope your luck turns around. It’s definitely not all good. I have to just settle for “better than it was”.
Developed Type 1 at age 43. ED started about 4 years later (~2013). Pills quit working. Peyronie’s joined the circus. Finally coloplast 18+0 9/12/2019.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:08 pm

My sympathies! I had three implants in the course of four years. Pain and frustration! But, fortunately for me, I was able to fuck. I am not sorry to have been implanted. I am VERY VERY sorry for my choice of my first implant doctor.

The "auto fill" kinda comes and goes for me and it's not really an issue.

Hopefully you will get "all fixed up" and be able to have some fun. Good luck, man!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:41 pm

I had my first implant done in cleveland. The doctor I was refered to was supposed to be one of the best. He had been doing surgeries for 50yrs. We talked it over and I wanted the ams lgx. After the surgery I found out it was a ams700 cxr. which was too damned short. I saw him 2times after that and he knew I was pissed. I asked him to fix it and he refused. a month latter the tips were out of place and were not where they were supposed to be.
I seen another doctor for a 2nd opinion. He asked me why I didn,t go to him first. Then he told me I needed a revision and he scheduled me for it in July. My first surgery was in March of 2019. He said he could get maybe a couple of centimeters more. I was at 2 and a half inches inflated. After getting burnt the first time, I worried about what he told me and I called another doctor in Baltimore. He was changing practices and I had to wait until July to get an appointment.
The appointment was in Aug. Aug. 19th with Dr Kramer. On the 20th he removed the ams and put in a titan. Dr Kramer was worth the wait. I have no regrets. I am happy with what he did.
It is frustrating to go to a doctor and not get the results you want. It is sometimes hard to find the correct info on doctors because their mistakes sometimes are not listed. Dr Kramer was highly recommended on this sight and other research that I have used.
I am not pushing you to see another doctor. I am saying for me it was worth the trip and costs to go to someone who is among the tops. I am sorry to see you have had all of this trouble. There is more to researching doctors that some of us need to learn.
With that being said, I wish you the best of luck. I have gotten lucky so far with my decision and wanted to relay that there are good doctors out there. Finding them may be the hardest part. The best of luck to you
67yrs old. ed for 8yrs. Implanted 5-29-2019

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 am

Jollyhellfarter wrote:Wtf. Relatively simple operation and they cant get this right what if someone had to have heart surgery.
1st surgery. Used implant I did not choose and was very specific about. Wanted lgx, Dr. Used CX said it was cause scarring, no sign of scarring by this Dr. Seen or new Dr. But somehow wanted to use one I didnt authorize. And put implant that was 4 cm to large inside me causing massive paid and deformity.
2nd surgery. Dr. Used cx implant again but left one side significantly shorter.
3rd surgery. New Dr. Used titan, but the pump auto inflates several times per day. And the corporotomy was placed half way up my penis not allowing even close to full penetration. Numbness and pain.
I would not recommend this surgery to anyone. I am now inside Dr. Office and awaiting nurse practitioner to tell me WHAT I already know. I will need a 4th surgery. Like wtf. Thinking about another Dr. Who should I go to. I am in st.Louis area

Do yourself a favor and schedule an appointment w/ Dr. Kramer. I live in the St. Louis area...Southwest has a non-stop to Baltimore at good prices...hotels are reasonable. Worth the trip to get it done right...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:12 am

Have to put my 2 cents on Dr. Kramer, he was my 3rd opinion, and I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel.
I saw him today, 11/11/2019, and have to say, he was briefed on my history from the Dr. before I saw him. He did not really need me to say anything else once he saw and felt my scrotum. He said the buzz word that I did not even think of...'stinging', which I described as 'pinching' only because it happens when I move in a sitting position. I started to tense up when he grabbed my balls, and he sensed that because he saw my hand get ready to grab his hand to stop from handling me. He knew I was ready to stop him if things really got painful.
After all the hissing and telling me to relax, when he was done, he started to explain that in his opinion, I did not have an infection and he could salvage the procedure...yipee!!! This was all I heard before I stopped him mid-sentence to say that I had to scratch balls. He said 'go ahead', and then we continued with his assessment while I walked around adjusting myself, lol.
His reputation preceded him, and I told him so. Franktalk did him good, and if I knew then what I know now...
Fortunately for me, this is only going to be the 2nd surgery. The 1st one, Dr. fucked up. Kramer said pump was too high, rods not long enough (used the analogy of the concord plane with just the nose pointing down (head too soft)). 2nd Dr. just said infection and wanted to take it all out and put in a semi rigid, but I did not want a semi (permanent) woody because you would have to get creative on concealment, but not in locker room.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

zandro

Postby zandro » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:39 pm

Jollyhellfarter wrote:New Dr. Used titan, but the pump auto inflates several times per day.

I had the auto inflation issue also, if it's the Titan touch pump, just takes wearing in/getting used to, harder press tends to do it
Last edited by zandro on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted @ 36 on Oct 8th, '19 - Titan Touch 24cm (XL)
Revision Sept '20 - AMS CX 24cm

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:25 am

Zandro,

Glad you posted your experience, esp for us guys looking to make decisions.
Dr. Kramer actually gave me 3 choices....didn't even know I had a choice of Titan or AMS (3rd choice was to take out and put in malleable). I came to my decision of AMS because of what I read on this site.
Jolly, my 1st Dr. gave me a video of the operation, not mine, but what the operation consists of. This is by no means a simple operation. You have to invest in yourself. Once you are down this road, there is no turning back.
If you can, make an appt. and come to Md. and see Dr. Kramer. There are others mentioned around the site, so read up and arm yourself. 3 surgeries is definitely lawyer territory, but let the dust settle 1st and take care of yourself.
Put in your Dr.'s name in the search bar and get some feedback.
Good luck!
Ag, 58, Maryland
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Jolly,

Any decision? Did you find another high volume Dr, or another referral?
Speaking only for myself, give Dr. Kramer the bullet points, he can make a decision right then and there, lol
He will tell you he will probably salvage the work and schedule you for surgery.
If you have any other questions, concerns, you can reach out to him on the patient portal.
Ag, 58, Maryland

Return to “Implants”