What are the signs of an infected implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
torless50

What are the signs of an infected implant?

Postby torless50 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:28 am

If this is pain, how was your pain? Where does it hurt. It hurts in the scrotum, shaft of the penis?

If this is temperature that temperature is considered for an infection?

How can you tell if there is an infection? White blood cell count or is there any other test?
Peyronie
Thinking about implant

pal123

Re: What are the signs of an infected implant?

Postby pal123 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:24 pm

The major signs that you can see are pump stuck to the skin and/or thickness around pump and valve that is increasing. High white blood cell count would confirm the infection.
If you get an infection within the first 4 weeks after surgery it means it is aggressive and a salvage may not be possible.
Peyronie's disease
Implant surgery late June
Titan Touch 22/23.5

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Pal123,

You said exactly what is going on with me...my ballsac has stuck to the bulb/block, and the Dr. did not pick up on this...even after the 3rd week, when skin was really, really flat against bulb/block.
I really thought I did research on subject, but found nothing on what exactly is the infection to look out for...and here you nailed it! For this, I thank you (its a bit too late fore me, but hopefully someone else will come to FrankTalk and do a search on infection symptoms).
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Kiwiman

Postby Kiwiman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi guys my first post in here, what a great place, a huge well of information and support.
I have to admit after reading up on infection etc I have been a bit worried.

I have had a titan touch fitted and I am 20 days post op.
Everything seems to be healing up well but in the last couple of days after a small fall I am experiencing a hot burning sensation in and around the reservoir on the left had side, but this is happening spasmodically and only when I’m standing. When I’m laying down no real discomfort.
They fitted the reservoir internally from underneath reducing the amount of incisions also reducing the risk of infection.
My question is if you catch infection early enough can it be halted by getting to a hospital ASAP. I am considering heading in just to get checked out but it’s not really that bad, but if it’s infection it’s catastrophic..
My surgeon hasn’t returned my call so I’m feeing a bit in limbo.
What do you learned guys think.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:14 pm

This is what my infection looked like at 6 weeks
Attachments
C884114C-39F2-4D1D-9B45-3131A8D306A5.jpeg
C884114C-39F2-4D1D-9B45-3131A8D306A5.jpeg (61.79 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:12 am

Kiwiman wrote:Hi guys my first post in here, what a great place, a huge well of information and support.
I have to admit after reading up on infection etc I have been a bit worried.

I have had a titan touch fitted and I am 20 days post op.
Everything seems to be healing up well but in the last couple of days after a small fall I am experiencing a hot burning sensation in and around the reservoir on the left had side, but this is happening spasmodically and only when I’m standing. When I’m laying down no real discomfort.
They fitted the reservoir internally from underneath reducing the amount of incisions also reducing the risk of infection.
My question is if you catch infection early enough can it be halted by getting to a hospital ASAP. I am considering heading in just to get checked out but it’s not really that bad, but if it’s infection it’s catastrophic..
My surgeon hasn’t returned my call so I’m feeing a bit in limbo.
What do you learned guys think.

I don't think you have an infection. Your description doesn't point in that direction. When there is an infection, pain, hot burning sensation doesn't depend on the position, I mean, the pain is there in every position. If is depending on position, is more a sign of muscular or swelling than infection.

Main sign of infection are pain (whatever the position) and fever.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

Kiwiman

Postby Kiwiman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Wow, thanks guys for the feedback,
I’m feeling a bit better today, anti inflammatory and a rest.. and I have to agree, not infected. Seems more like an unsettling of pipes or something along those lines.
Again thank you for the feedback.
Cheers.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:41 pm

I would never play the "wait and see" game with the infection. I'd head straight to emergency and get antibiotic. This is not a joke. After my implant, I had signs of infection twice and I rushed to get my antibiotic and that did the trick.

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:14 pm

I am no doctor.
But I had my implant surgery with one of the best.

And what he told me, is that the most evident signs of infection is a pump stuck to the skin and fever. And pain, but pain is hard since some pain is normal even without infection.
I had worse than normal pain after surgery, which lasted longer than usual.
But he never thought it was an infection due to my skin around the pump being loose all the time, and no fever.
And he was right.

Good Luck.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:19 pm

What do you call it when the pump sticks to the skin, but you don't have a fever?
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Return to “Implants”