Newly implanted; barely mobile

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oldbeek

Re: Newly implanted; barely mobile

Postby oldbeek » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:54 pm

Yes.. Ice 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off is the proper way to use ice. As for tenderness. ANY touching sent me through the roof. I even wrapped it in TP then put it in a round wrapping paper roll. Walking: I live in the country so I would walk with my dick sticking straight out. My dr kept me pumped 80-90% first 4 weeks. Pain was terrible.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Hopeful888

Postby Hopeful888 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:37 pm

I went to see a doctor(not my surgeon, he’s in a seminar) yesterday, he told me I have what they called a referred pain in my scrotum, referred is not a direct location pain,it something that cause nerve pain in another location, in my case under scrotum itself.

I cannot stand for prolong period without having excruciating pain building, it seems like gravity of being upright is causing the pain.

I cannot find any topic here regarding my same condition, even with suspensory helps but not eliminate nor it keep me upright for a longer period. Anybody experienced this?

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:42 am

Yes, I do experienced something like that. Let time pass.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

Hopeful888

Postby Hopeful888 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:37 pm

Thank you for the info, nice to know it’s part of healing, I’m very bruised all over.

Hopeful888

Postby Hopeful888 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:46 pm

Went to see surgeon yesterday, scrotum still swollen and around the top of penis area, surgeon tried to deflate but cannot reach valve, was left inflated and told to return in 10 days for possible activate, although much better than last week, I am swollen and bruised still. Doctor told me that sometimes the wound even after 3 weeks discharge black old blood(might not even happen) told me not to panic when this happen. Are all these symptoms normal, today is my 22nd day since implant. I’m getting worried?

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:21 pm

Hopefull, don't worry. I am now 8 weeks out surgery and my scrotum is still swollen. I could be deflated just 5 days after surgery (valve was accesible) but I cried in pain, and couldn't be activated till week 6.

What I have learnt in the process and in the forum, is that those previsions of 'x weeks to activate', 'x weeks to have sex', 'x weeks to whatever' are just statistics. Each person is a world, with his own singularities, antecedents, health state, medication, physical state, inmune system, and even insignificant things (me, for example, have the inmunoglobuline 'A' in very low levels since I born, what makes healing very slow), and heals in a different manner, with a different rythm and in a different times.

Everybody says that the most important is that each day you are better than the day before. Not even that. In this 8 weeks, I have had days incredibly worse than not just the day before, but the week before. The really important is that you feel the progress, not from one day to the other, but as a tendency. If you feel today better than 3 days ago, you are in the right way.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:24 pm

All of my local doctors wait 8 weeks before activation. And this is not uncommon. While this time can be as short as 3 days and the doc I chose is 3 weeks, I would not worry. We all are different and heal differently. And some surgeries have less trauma than others. As long as things continue to improve and you have no indications of infection it sounds to me as you are just taking longer to heal. Just listen to your doctor and follow instructions. Just think if you activate in 10 days you will still be ahead of others that have waited 8 weeks. And even if you don't activate in 10 days you still have some time out to that 8 weeks.

Did your surgeon give you instructions for the swelling and bruising at your last visit? How about your incision?

Take care and keep asking questions.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Hopeful888

Postby Hopeful888 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:39 pm

I was told to apply heat, thank you both for the encouragement!

cobylinks

Postby cobylinks » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi
Had my surgery on Oct.4
Totally unprepared for the pain.
Received Titan Cocoplast Genesis with 24cm cylinders and 1cm rte.
Ice on and off definitely helped for the first week.
I was sent home with a 75% inflation for four days, Then returned to the dr.s office for removal of wrappings and deflation.
OMG, talk about hurt when they deflated it. Thought I was going to die thru my sack area.
It's been five week and it is still very, very sore, anything rubbing against the scrotal area causes discomfort. Trying to find a comfortable position for the flaccid state is a trial and error event.
I have ordered some shorts from Separatec that supposedly will help a lot, keeps the penis and scrotum from rubbing against each other, hope so, we'll see.
Anyway good luck with your recovery.
Received implants 10/4/19 Coloplast 24cm + 1cm RTE
Dr. Brady, Orlando, Fl

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:14 pm

I used one of my pain pills for my first deflation.
I wonder why you still have so much scrotal discomfort?
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”