Bike Seat

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
andrew1959nj

Bike Seat

Postby andrew1959nj » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:00 pm

I'm five months post-implant and would like to ride my bicycle again. Due to MS I can ride my road bike safely anymore so I just bought a Cannondale Hybrid. It is pretty comfortable compared to my Lemond and I purchased a bigger gel saddle with it. I love the bike and spent an hour today adjusting the seat for max comfort. My bionic cock still doesn't like it. It's not painful, and I have ridden it less than 2 miles at a clip since yesterday.

Question for my bionic brothers who ride bikes, is it a matter of just getting used to it or do you have a specific seat/saddle that you find comfortable?
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

WhiteCane

Re: Bike Seat

Postby WhiteCane » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:27 pm

hey friend, good news! I worked in a custom bicycle shop fitting and coaching cyclists for seven years… I still go there as a hobby sometimes just sort of hang out with the guys….. The highbred was a brilliant idea and I’m really glad you stepped back from the road bike “as difficult as it definitely is“ for a little bit… usually, any issues with the saddle, any at all, Our reach related… Meaning, the angle of your arms and torso between your normal position in the handlebars or the angle of your legs between your pedal and your saddle…. Well, make sure those angles are correct… You probably want to be almost but not 100% straight legged with the pedal extended all of the way down… As in, just a little bit of a bend in your leg… Up top, with your situation, I would recommend starting at about a 90° angle at the point where your shoulders are… So, you wanted to be kind of like in a frame home… From there, focus on the pressure being put on your crotch… Adjust the stem on your handlebars back a little bit and experiment with that for a while until you Reach a point where you are comfortable and it doesn’t feel like your crotch is getting numb… So, keep adjusting the stem upward a little bit… If your bike does not have an adjustable stem, adjust your seat forward minimally and do the same thing… Remember to adjust all measurements “legs and arms“ when you’re adjusting any measurements. I hope that definition is clear but I’ll keep checking in on this in case it isn’t… Another thing “sounds geeky to most guys“ if you do not have bike shorts, get them! There is protection for the crotch and situations like this… We certainly don’t wear them to look pretty… if you can afford some with a good gel liner, go for those but cloth should suffice if you are on a budget… Oh, if you feel like the pump is rubbing against your scrotum, try some chamois butter! Stuff works miracles… I don’t know how it will work with the pump but it’ll allow you to glide a little bit easier… Best of luck and keep the rubber side down!
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

Whodat

Postby Whodat » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:53 pm

Check out the Hobson bicycle seats. I use the split seat which puts all the pressure on your ass and not on your balls or prostate. Quite comfortable and Dr agrees..
Age 80 good health. Radiation prostate 28 hits 4 years ago with 6 months of horrible ADT. Good recovery and ED worse.
Can't tolerate oral drugs but 5 years of Alprostadil 40mcg/ml 25 units is a miracle for 3 hours. GF is happy!!

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks for the information. My stem doesn't adjust so I have been working with various seat heights, position and angle. Its the horn that creates my discomfort. I just order a split seat with a horn that bends downward and a suspension seat post. The seat is a Selle SMP TRK Gel Saddle, and the new post is a Suntour SP12-NCX Mountain Road Bike Suspension Travel Seatpost. I will let you know how the boys like it.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:55 am

Whodat wrote:Check out the Hobson bicycle seats. I use the split seat which puts all the pressure on your ass and not on your balls or prostate. Quite comfortable and Dr agrees..

I looked at the Hobson product line, having very short horns should make them extremely comfortable but at the cost of control. I'm hoping that the Selle will be the best of both worlds. If not I'll try a Hobson and take it easier.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:57 am

I ride quite a bit. I think the comments above about making sure your bike is all properly adjusted is spot on. I went to my bike store and without directly telling the guy I have an implant, I said my junk gets uncomfortable while riding and he helped me do all of the things mentioned to correct my position.

The only change I made was to purchase a padded seat cover the slips over the existing seat.

I do have good quality bike shorts and they make a huge difference. In general I dress with my penis pointed down, but when I am on the bike it is more comfortable pointed up. I wear long t-shirts to cover my bulge because it is quite prominent in those Lycra shorts.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:52 am

I'm trying all of the above as I just purchased the hybrid bike this week and I have only ridden it a few miles to get it adjusted and it been raining all week. Just like sitting and sleeping on my side wasn't comfortable for the first 6 weeks, but now that is all fine, will time help? There was no way in hell I would even try to ride my road bike. Those days are past for me, but I worry about the long narrow horn being a pain in my junk and worse, doing damage to my new hardware!

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:30 am

My road bike is in my living room hooked up to a computer that has different built-in rides from around the world… Best I can do being blind… I fully intend on getting back in the saddle as soon as I feel good… I’m not going to be foolish about it but I most definitely cannot live without it… I don’t think it’s going to be comfortable for a very long time but we will see… If I need, I make the same conversion you did… seriously, this post is the kind of stuff I like to see! Let me know how all of your cycling goes “the kind with pedals“…
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:10 am

I have tried several implant friendly seats found the AEROELASTIC AE Saddle works best for me. I just got and it does take some getting used too but it has a unique nose that is needed for control but keeps everything but my sits bones
61WLJ8ZbaGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61WLJ8ZbaGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (51.16 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
in the free. It looks weird and my GF busted out laughing when she saw it. LOL

wilsonmill

Postby wilsonmill » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:24 am

I ride mostly greenways and rails to trails, and do as much as 60 milers.. took a few times but got my seat adjusted where it needed to be but does not matter I will eventually inflate myself riding. I agree with the best type of riding shorts with gel pads, etc... but the up down motion of the legs and the nut sack and the bulb I just eventually will inflate.. do not mind it though anymore, just adjust and keep riding and if I get a few looks so much the better.
Age 59, Married 15 years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital

Return to “Implants”