DaveKell Moderator

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DaveKell

Re: DaveKell Moderator

Postby DaveKell » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:45 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Thinking back to Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:36 am. Aren't we all glad you did not go?

I am.

As a contributing member and now, a moderator, your wisdom, experience and perspective was and will be much appreciated.

Either you have an eidetic memory or you’re a persistent investigator! I had to dig back to I think around 30 pages back of my past comments to find that. One thing I said in that missive I still stand by, “I’m as average as the next guy here...”. No special wisdom or insight, just a common shared experience with everyone here. I’m glad I was persuaded to remain onboard FT. I continue to learn a lot from everyone and I consider the Bionic Brotherhood to nearly be a lifestyle at this point that I’m very committed to, as I’m convinced you are as well. Thanks for your acknowledgment sir.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:06 am

Gt1956 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:Thinking back to Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:36 am. Aren't we all glad you did not go?

I am.

As a contributing member and now, a moderator, your wisdom, experience and perspective was and will be much appreciated.

You know, sometimes there're things that you shouldn't put into writing. I had ran into this while doing a search for what I don't remember. I said to myself "hey isn't he a regular poster".
Anyways, I can see the similarities between lectures & being a moderator. What I don't see is how in the world you can fit it all into your day. Plus, I presume you have a job. Congrats if you can do all that. My caveat would be to pace yourself & not get burned out.
On a different track. I personally would like to see a strategy of getting this forum in front of more men
A local guy advertising on the radio for erectile treatments says there is 3 million cases of ED every year. I'm guessing that a significant number of them are not happy with the diagnosis. Other wise why would they be at the doctors office getting a diagnosis?
Dave, a fair warning. I just might message you on some ideas to accomplish that.
My own doctor, a nice guy. That had prescribed pills for me. Never really brought up an implant that I recall. These general practitioners are the front line. Not the urologists. The implant manufacturers appear to be not contacting them as much as they should. My Dr. knows that implants have a high satifaction rate. Seems to of heard of Dr. Karpman even though Karpman is nearly a 1,000 miles away. But doesn't know about a local Dr that does them.
This sure seems like an omission of coverage that sorely needs coverage IMHO.
Anyways, good luck.

To address a few of your points, I no longer have a job per se. i liquidated a sign company I owned most of my life at age 58 and retired. I apprenticed into the trade 40 years ago when the number one requirement was to have artistic vision and innate talent. In 1983 that went out the window with the advent of computerized sign making equipment. If you could type and afford the equipment you could make signs. The world has since unknowingly suffered from a lack of effective design in favor of cookie cutter production. I do however have a hobby business with my wife. I hand letter small interior decor signs we sell at weekend craft fairs.

The seminars I speak at are spaced far enough apart that it doesn’t resemble anything like regular employment. As for any risk of burning out... that usually is a result of mind numbing repetitive tasks that hold little fascination. Moderating a few FT forums is a world away from mind numbing. This is a very unique place. The culture here is very open and, well... frank. The help we all provide each other goes beyond the beyonds. We’re participating in the premier men’s forum on the internet. The inclusion factor here could be a model for society at large.

I’m interested in any advice anyone can provide me for things to present at seminars. If you want to talk personally shoot me a PM and I’ll give you my phone number. I actually take more phone calls from men referred to me by doctors and company reps than the number of seminars I do each year.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:36 am

Nice to hear more about your situation. I don't know the exact phrase but I was thinking of the preserving the rescuer.
I can accept that as a moderator you likely don't have much if any interaction with the advertisers. In your speaking roles you may only speak at one companies events. Hidden in my post is the basis for a suggestion.
If there truly is 3 million cases a year. This affliction is sorely under treated. As many have found out, the oral meds only work for a relatively short time. So you might decide that close to that 3 million slowly progress into a dead end. Just taking a wild stab at an implant per year number. It kind of looks like only around 1% of that 3 million gets implants. Sure, there are alot that are satisfied with VED's & shots. But there is still a huge underserved population.
That is my point, GP's need to be brought into the treatment chain. They need to be taught about referring patients to a competent urologist. Currently, I don't think they are.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”