Help! Implant scheduled

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Scottfree19

Help! Implant scheduled

Postby Scottfree19 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:07 pm

Hello, I have been scheduled for a 3-piece implant end of October by Dr Lawrence Hakim Cleveland Clinic Weston Florida has anyone ever had an implant done by this doctor? I was diagnosed with PD 3 years ago. I have had 4 rounds 6 treatment each at 2 week intervals, 45 days apart. Went from 75 degrees to 45 degrees doctor just recommended implant. Which kind and model are best? any information would be most helpful thank you

Scottfree19

Re: Help! Implant scheduled

Postby Scottfree19 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Sorry forgot to add treatment was Intron A

Toronto67

Postby Toronto67 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:15 am

Scottfree19 wrote:Hello, I have been scheduled for a 3-piece implant end of October by Dr Lawrence Hakim Cleveland Clinic Weston Florida has anyone ever had an implant done by this doctor? I was diagnosed with PD 3 years ago. I have had 4 rounds 6 treatment each at 2 week intervals, 45 days apart. Went from 75 degrees to 45 degrees doctor just recommended implant. Which kind and model are best? any information would be most helpful thank you

Getting an implant is a big decision and considering there are not do overs I think it is a good idea to get a second opinion, especially if you can get a good erections now. Here in Canada my doctor performs surgery to correct PD without the need of getting implanted.

I wish you all the best.
Born 1967, diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2016, prostatectomy performed in 2018, current PSA 0.10, implanted with LGX 700 on Jul 2019.

Jerryf

Postby Jerryf » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:52 am

I don’t see your age. If you are very young I would look at other options if you are over 50 go for it. I’m 61 and had the surgery 3 years ago. I should have had it 10 years before that. If you have an unusable erection have tried pills and shots. If nothing works the surgery is a great choice. You have a few weeks of discomfort and a life of sexual activity again.
Turning 60 August of 2017. July 18 of 2017 implanted with ams 700. Have had ED for over 15 years. Diabetic for 20 years. Had five heart bypassed done in 2013. Married 37 years.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Scottfree19 wrote:Hello, I have been scheduled for a 3-piece implant end of October by Dr Lawrence Hakim Cleveland Clinic Weston Florida has anyone ever had an implant done by this doctor? I was diagnosed with PD 3 years ago. I have had 4 rounds 6 treatment each at 2 week intervals, 45 days apart. Went from 75 degrees to 45 degrees doctor just recommended implant. Which kind and model are best? any information would be most helpful thank you

If your doctor recommended an implant, I am surprised at the lack of mention of manufacturer. For men needing straightening (from Peyronie's Disease) Coloplast Titan is usually the choice, though AMS CX is often a good choice. AMS LGX much less often for correcting PD unless very mild.

Congratulations of getting 30 degrees of bend relieved. Is any more progress expected?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Scottfree19

Postby Scottfree19 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:12 am

My age is 67 and no more progress is expected that's why he suggested implant end of October Transportation will be scheduled prior to surgery as to what method would brand etc etc

Scottfree19

Postby Scottfree19 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:13 am

Consultation not transportation

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:14 pm

Sad to say for the correction of pd permanently, an implant is really pretty much it. Once you get it from everything I read it can just get worse and worse. Along with shorter the longer it goes on.

Titan is a good option depending on size. The bigger you are or the worse the pd curve is, I was told by 4 separate surgeons it would fix my curve. The cx is also a choice but why take the chance. The titan will do it for sure and plenty of stories and journals stating so.

Almost 6 months since my implant. Time just flies. Day of surgery about 30 to 35 degree curve. No curve now. Cannot feel any plaque. And no dents or hourglass. Am actually now pumping up to almost 6.5 inches. Started at about 5.75, then got to 6, then to 6.25, and now bone pressed with a ruler am approaching 6.5. May not get to my old 7 but I have a hard straight erection now.

No more pills, pentox, and was not doing injections with my history of pd. Implant was my best option. Not my old natural erection but i lost that anyway so this is a pretty damn good option.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Since you got good results from interferon, did you consider xiaflex? Did your insurance cover the interferon? I have done 6 xiaflex injections 3 series My bend went from 90 to 90, no change at all. I am 58 and am going to et the implant.

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:51 pm

SW0110 wrote:Sad to say for the correction of pd permanently, an implant is really pretty much it. Once you get it from everything I read it can just get worse and worse. Along with shorter the longer it goes on.

Titan is a good option depending on size. The bigger you are or the worse the pd curve is, I was told by 4 separate surgeons it would fix my curve. The cx is also a choice but why take the chance. The titan will do it for sure and plenty of stories and journals stating so.

Almost 6 months since my implant. Time just flies. Day of surgery about 30 to 35 degree curve. No curve now. Cannot feel any plaque. And no dents or hourglass. Am actually now pumping up to almost 6.5 inches. Started at about 5.75, then got to 6, then to 6.25, and now bone pressed with a ruler am approaching 6.5. May not get to my old 7 but I have a hard straight erection now.

No more pills, pentox, and was not doing injections with my history of pd. Implant was my best option. Not my old natural erection but i lost that anyway so this is a pretty damn good option.

Did you have any insurance issue with the implant? My insurance paid 9K per series for xiaflex and it did nothing. Curve is 90 and has not gotten any better. I lost about 2 inches since PD

Return to “Implants”